Closed Thread
Page 54 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

After watching, I thought it was a good idea. Before watching I thought he should just stay quiet and let it all blow over.

He admitted to the remark to Deanna about Saturday being a good day and said he didn't know why he said it. I've said things and later wondered why I said them too. Who hasn't?

He just didn't fall in love, so there really isn't much to say. Deanna and the other 24 signed up knowing that they could be lead astray to create drama and suspense for the viewer.

He could have and probably should have given her a rose and told the truth later, but he didn't. He could be a hero until the breakup and then many could have blamed her since he had the better edit.

He could have told her in a nicer way, but he was probably doing the best he could at the time.

Everyone will live. Everyone will be just fine in no time.

I sort of understand Brad's line of thoughts and how conflicted he was at the end of the taping. What I don't understand is how he can be so sure of his final decision, it was obvious that he had feelings, he can not deny it. No doubts, no wonders, coming from Brad post FRC (or so it appears). Perhaps BabyFaceC can shed some light on Brad's state of mind and how his brain works, because quite frankly Brad seemed like he was dying to get a room with DeAnna during the After the RC...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;2699631;
    I think that sending mixed messages is part of the show. It happens every season. The difference this year is that neither "camp" was happy at the end of the show.

Last season, Andy totally sent Bevin mixed messages...he even gave her a peck on the lips before he dumped her. But, that was mostly swept aside because he ultimately chose Tessa--the fan favorite. Also, Andy's actions were justified by some posters saying that "he had to take someone to the F2".

I don't have any doubt that Brad went on this show for the right reasons. But he didn't find what he was looking for. I can't blame him or find fault with him for not finding what I was hoping he would find. Are there things that he could have said differently, sure. But he didn't. We can't change the past. And who knows what Brad and DeAnna have conversed about. Perhaps all is fine between them (in a friendly way). If DeAnna and Jenni are able to move past this experience, perhaps I can too.
    I agree with mixed messages being part of the smarmy process, but typically these messages are for everyone but one woman who isn't smarmed. First, it seems Jenni knew it was part of the process (suggested by the fact that she didn't want to confess she loved Brad). Second, I think viewers need to see that at least one person escapes being smarmed.

I also agree that Brad probably went on the show for the right reasons and I agree that the past can't be changed. I agree we don't know what Brad and DeAnna talked about over the phone; but, it could have been an apology or perhaps it was more of the same non-apology.

I don't agree with your implication about not correcting a hurt one inflicted in the past. That's what the present and apologies are for. Sure, Brad may not have delivered the articulate explanation monologue Cape developed several posts above, but he could spend time in the present rectifying a past wrong. (He had writers for heaven's sake. I still can't believe they couldn't come up with something better for the NFRC; by the way, we know much of Bachelor 11 was scripted, per a reliable source.) And, perhaps because The Bachelor occurred in the public eye, the apology would also occur in the public eye.

IMO, this discussion continues for a variety of reasons, including the fact that viewers need time to process the fact that the guy they thought was positively wonderful turned into a heartless, self-centered jerk who hurt DeAnna more than he appears to know or care. (Hum, reminds me of comments made about DeAnna having 10 minutes +/- to process Brad's rejection and then be expected to scrape herself off the podium and get on with her life. Brad's friends may not have experienced real shock in their lives, but there's a physiological phenomenon that occurs where the brain doesn't really process the information the ears hear. It's a coping mechanism.) Brad's friends need to understand that DeAnna probably needed more than 10 minutes +/- to process the information. Brad's friends need to understand a sizeable group of FORT viewers need some time to process the information. And, Brad's friends, IMO, need to understand that attempting to control FORT opinion and end the discussion isn't going to be productive and will irritate some people. Just a friendly comment.
    Last edited by tabby cat; 11-30-2007 at 03:01 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2699670;
    i felt he threw deanna under the bus again by giving the impression that what deanna said about her father being flown out there was not as deanna explained. as well brad never seems to shy away from stating in his own special way that dede was not worth a dinner and a movie without the cameras, to see where his feelings might go.
    Maybe he felt bad and conflicted enough about leading people on in the course of the show, and leading on at least one person, Jenni, that he really liked right up until the finale, that his not-fully-convinced feelings for Deanna were enough to make him think that he really didn't want to lead her on any further after the show was over.

After the whole experience of being forced to lead on a certain number of people every week, even though you might know for sure that some of them will get the boot the next week, I can see why you might be seriously hesitant about handing out a ring on a chain and conducting any further dates at all with somebody that you don't feel completely in love with.

And, Brad's friends, IMO, need to understand that attempting to control FORT opinion and end the discussion isn't going to be productive and will irritate some people.
    I haven't gotten the impression that anyone is trying to control FORT's opinion nor end the discussion. I have read the comments as an attempt to explain and shed light to a rather confusing situation...Not trying to change anyone's opinion as they are entitled to use their own values to process what they have seen...

FORT Regular

Hey fellow FORT'ers
    Look what I came across - I admit it doesn't really say anything much but I just thought it was interesting

Who Brad was texting during TB taping

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2699793;
    I haven't gotten the impression that anyone is trying to control FORT's opinion nor end the discussion. I have read the comments as an attempt to explain and shed light to a rather confusing situation...Not trying to change anyone's opinion as they are entitled to use their own values to process what they have seen...
    GEZZZZz...and here I was swearing I was gonna just sit back and shut up...lol...the only problem I have had is people that are "friends" saying "This is the truth and its a FACT" or "I am the only one telling the truth" etc... I finally got to see the interview....and the only thing that still bothers me....flying Deanna's dad out...today he stated "He never at any time ask for him to be flown out" but during the AFR he agreed that "he did ask for him to be flown out" now, obviously one of those is not the truth...was the first one the truth and he is now trying to "backtrack" or was today's the truth and he didn't know what he was saying during the AFR
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammommy;2699818;
    There is an interview posted somewhere....

The child is not his, she had her with the next guy after Brad, apparently they haven't been together for a few years, and Brad said in an interview, that one of the things that upset him the most about doingthe Bachelor was that she and her daughter were drug into it all, when he felt there was no reason for them to be.

It was weird to see this posted as a "new" find when it was discussed and talked about, and I thought the interview when he mentioned that he didn;t like her and her family being subjected to media prying eyes was way back at the very beginnning of the season, like week one or two...
    Okay...I do NOT believe that the child is his either...that would take a lot of covering up and hiding of paperwork to accomplish. Even though there have been PLENTY of rumors stating he had a child, not one bit of PROOF has been uncovered which leads me to believe it is rumor only...as for him texting someone during taping...IDK....There have been ALOT of people who have been saying that...but again no proof....but with this one..there is NOT a paper trail to follow but I tend to believe SOMETHING was going on since SO many people have had the same statement
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2699606;
    see cape
    you hit the nail on the head here. brad appeared to be hurt by ellen's words and actions, and she was accountable for that, remorseful and apologized. brad's words and actions hurt 2 beautiful women, deanna especially, yet brad has shown basically zero remorse, zero accountability, and no apology, and he continues to play the victim....my heart is broken too huh??? your heart break is self inflicted...if you have a broken heart, than obviously you made a mistake. weren't you being true to yourself and following your heart, so how can your heart be broken. this doesn't even make sense...aren't you happy at the outcome and that you stayed true to yourself???

even today...he does not appear remorseful at all regarding what he did, and how he did it...only for the backlash, and is hurt only by what ellen said. he can give it out...but he can't take him. i just do not understand this man, and wish brad's dc team would do an intervention and get this man into much needed therapy...to sort out his disrespectful treatment of women, and his other many issues. by putting out this dc spin, i feel like the dc team is in denial, and basically handing an alcoholic a drink. none of brad's or his dc team's words and actions make sense to me. they just leave me perplexed and confused...and angry and resentful, and sad. thanks
    karey
    I just finished watching Brad on Ellen and you hit the nail on the head. Brad just doesn't "get" that all of the RESULTS that he is experiencing is BECAUSE OF HIS ACTIONS.

ETA that Brad needs to understand a basis universal law and that is that for every action there is a re-action.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2699806;
    GEZZZZz...and here I was swearing I was gonna just sit back and shut up...lol...the only problem I have had is people that are "friends" saying "This is the truth and its a FACT" or "I am the only one telling the truth" etc... I finally got to see the interview....and the only thing that still bothers me....flying Deanna's dad out...today he stated "He never at any time ask for him to be flown out" but during the AFR he agreed that "he did ask for him to be flown out" now, obviously one of those is not the truth...was the first one the truth and he is now trying to "backtrack" or was today's the truth and he didn't know what he was saying during the AFR
    Have you watched the ATFR again to see this part. I remember at the time that Brad looked strange when he responded to the question almost as if he wasn't sure of the answer. Can't watch now, but will later and let you know what I hear and think.

Closed Thread