Closed Thread
Page 52 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2699611;
    I agree the premise is there.

I doubt Brad can use that as a defence, since he was trying to warn Hillary with the just friends comment both at the pool and at the preRC.

Brad also dropped hints to Kristie in his comment about being good enough for her.

Putting the shows intentions aside; once the FRC come around it is suppose to be about being honest. Brad let DeAnna go yet was sending mixed messages.

Come ATFR, Brad was still sending mixed messages.

I still do not think that Brad has realized he was sending mixed messages to DeAnna.

Brad had the legal right not to pick anyone, because he wanted to put that in his contract, I still think he went into this knowing he was not going to pick anyone. He has issues like he said. What about not going on the show with issues.

I think that sending mixed messages is part of the show. It happens every season. The difference this year is that neither "camp" was happy at the end of the show.

Last season, Andy totally sent Bevin mixed messages...he even gave her a peck on the lips before he dumped her. But, that was mostly swept aside because he ultimately chose Tessa--the fan favorite. Also, Andy's actions were justified by some posters saying that "he had to take someone to the F2".

I don't have any doubt that Brad went on this show for the right reasons. But he didn't find what he was looking for. I can't blame him or find fault with him for not finding what I was hoping he would find. Are there things that he could have said differently, sure. But he didn't. We can't change the past. And who knows what Brad and DeAnna have conversed about. Perhaps all is fine between them (in a friendly way). If DeAnna and Jenni are able to move past this experience, perhaps I can too.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;2699631;
    I think that sending mixed messages is part of the show. It happens every season. The difference this year is that neither "camp" was happy at the end of the show.

Last season, Andy totally sent Bevin mixed messages...he even gave her a peck on the lips before he dumped her. But, that was mostly swept aside because he ultimately chose Tessa--the fan favorite. Also, Andy's actions were justified by some posters saying that "he had to take someone to the F2".

I don't have any doubt that Brad went on this show for the right reasons. But he didn't find what he was looking for. I can't blame him or find fault with him for not finding what I was hoping he would find. Are there things that he could have said differently, sure. But he didn't. We can't change the past. And who knows what Brad and DeAnna have conversed about. Perhaps all is fine between them (in a friendly way). If DeAnna and Jenni are able to move past this experience, perhaps I can too.
    I agree sending mixed messages as in leading the women is a part of the show; But the leading stops at the RCs. Leading on is not needed anymore at the FRC or at the ATFR, yet Brad still did it to DeAnna.

Also did Brad really have an issue of following protocal? By Brad's behaviour with Hillary and Kristie, I would not think so, because to me it looked like he was dropping major hints.

Hillary, just friends twice, at the pool party, when she did not get it he dropped the hints at the preRC, he was so blatant about it he even said Hillary was not getting it at the ITM clip.

Why such a big difference in Brad's concern?

The ATFR is the time that the Bachelors explain themselves. Yet Brad kept giving more mixed messages and saying poor me I hurt also, at this point he is there to explain himself to the women, not for sympathy for himself.

I am just wondering if anyone remember the interview where Brad was on the mechanical bull and said I may be married now?

I think that some of the statements Brad made, like the one referred to by Cape, could be the result of pressure being brought to bear by producers and/or the interviewers. We weren't there; we don't know exactly how it came down. All I'm saying is to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;2699631;
    I agree. I respect everyone's opinions even though I may disagree with some of them. One thought I just had is that I think most of us were not only sad that there was not a "happy ending", but that some feel they were fooled or mislead about Brad. I can remember most of the season just about everyone was a Brad fan. Most had nothing but positive things to say about him. Then the dam broke and most feel he was not at all what they thought he was.

I am not falting him for not choosing anyone. I would rather he be honest instead of stringing them along, but he reminds me of a couple of guys I know. Even when they have something really great in front of them, the minute it starts looking like it could possibly be leading to something much more serious they panic. I don't know Brad. I don't know if his expectations of "the fairy tale love" are too unrealistic or not. It may seem that way, but none of us know for sure. Only Brad can find that out for himnself. Also I think he may have thought he was ready for marriage, but maybe he does have some issues to work through. Or maybe it is as simple as he just didn't see a future with Deanna and he cared enough for her to not lead her on any longer.

I have not seen Ellen yet, but from all of your desrciptions it sounds like he might be the kind of person that becomes defensive when subjected to redicule, especially if deep down he knows there may be truth to what is said. I do believe he went on the show to find someone. I do believe he wanted to really fall for Deanna and have the fairy tale feelings. I do think though he was at a loss as to how to handle his feelings and how to let Deanna go. He could have said things just prefectly and respectfully, but honestly when under the presure he was under, I think most people would have not said everything just perfectly. I know I may have everything planned out in my head what I want to say, but if there is any pressure around me, I can never say exactly what I want to.

I hope this made since. I feel like I am rambling some.
    Last edited by flutterby; 11-30-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Ready for DeAnna to find her man!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2699658;
    I think that some of the statements Brad made, like the one referred to by Cape, could be the result of pressure being brought to bear by producers and/or the interviewers. We weren't there; we don't know exactly how it came down. All I'm saying is to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
    Scout - I think you and I are the only 2 here that are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am not going to justify my stance by trying to interpret statements he made in the media or the show.

I don't think Brad owes anyone but Deanna and Jenni an apology or explanation.

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2699521;
    Can someone please explain to me how Ellen and Brad threw Deanna under the bus? I didn't see/hear that at all [and I'm not a huge Brad supporter] - maybe my version is edited [Canada]?
    i felt he threw deanna under the bus again by giving the impression that what deanna said about her father being flown out there was not as deanna explained. as well brad never seems to shy away from stating in his own special way that dede was not worth a dinner and a movie without the cameras, to see where his feelings might go.

he had the opportunity to explain his deception and actions with deanna, apologize, be accountable for the hurt he caused, and to state how classy she is, praise her etc...he chose not to do that. instead he chose to play the victim route...his heart is breaking etc. what happened to the beaming guy proclaiming how happy he was with his decision, and that he followed his ?(broken now) heart and stayed true to himself. in other words...he lied again, and ellen bought his victim routine. that's jmho. thanks
    karey

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked-in-Texas;2699617;
    Hey Fellow Forters, I just wanted to take this time to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I know some of you are doing a happy dance that I'm going and some of you even thought I needed help (). I so enjoy the sleuthing part of this board and some of the very witty comments, etc. Such talent on here.

All of this has made me so very thankful for my sons, one who is now in Heaven, and the wonderful men that they are. I am not usually one to be so adamant (sp) about someone I really have never met, and if I offended anyone I am sorry. Sometimes you just have to stand up for something or you will fall for anything.

See you all next year
    hey hookedintexas
    don't leave. sorry to see you go.
    karey

I still say...ALL of this afterward-talk could have been avoided...if this show went on the premise that after it's down to two last women, that they get to date after the show is over. I mean the whole idea of this show to begin with, was to choose the favorite of 25 women....it just seems so odd to me that a bachelor didnt even "like" this last standing woman enough to even want to date her after the show. I guess I feel if the idea is to lead the women on till the end, then something needs to change about this show. Either that, or I am a hopeless romantic.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 11-30-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Mary;2699537;
    I just watched Brad on Ellen. I just wish instead of Brad going on the show he would have sent a message to Ellen that he accepts her apology and he is sorry for the hurt he caused DeAnna and Jenni. He should have said he is going to reflect on the experience and work on his issues that came out during the show. Then.....just stay out of the limelight for awhile. This is what I would have told him to do if I were his publicist. DeAnna certainly did not make him look bad and I think the public opinion would swing more in his favor than it is now. I for one would be happy to just hear....Hey I screwed up and led these girls on and I AM SORRY.
    Hey Reality, I picked your post to respond to, only because it's the most recent one wherein it talks about Jenni being hurt ... so please don't think my post is aimed at you.

I really don't understand why anyone would expect Brad to apologize to Jenni ... Her boyfriend picked her up from the airport straight from the FRC, she has been living with him while the show was aired, and says she is so happy to be back with him. Can you imagine the backlash Brad would have taken if he had his ex pick him up from the airport, and was living with her while the show was aired ... and yet, Jenni has been hurt? Seems like Jenni got what she wanted, the man who left her the year before, and she certainly didn't let any grass grow under her feet post Brad.

Mixed messages ... another concept I am having difficulty dealing with ... "I can't tell you I love you" really doesn't leave much for interpretation, if any, that love is there, or the possibility of love existing. To say "I will miss you" ... hasn't anyone ever broken up with someone that they know is not the right fit, but will also miss them and the times they had together? I know I have, and in fact I have remained friends with all of my ex's ... just because I didn't want to spend a lifetime with them doesn't mean I am going to forget or dismiss the reasons I spent time with them in the first place ... they have qualities that touched my heart, and will forever touch my heart.

So many want to pounce on this man for the way he handled things ... even though he was contractually obligated to say things he didn't feel, and contractully obligated to refrain from saying things he did feel. The majority of the PI's are the contestants' responses to questions posed by the producers, and they have retake upon retake until they get the response they want. They require all of the women to use the word "love" at the FD's, and since Jenni didn't, they edited it from the FC into the previews for the FD. The promotional interviews also require the bachelor to be deceptive as to the outcome.

TB is not in any way shape or form the real world, it is a formatted television show and nothing more. Fleiss takes hundreds of hours of filming, edits that down to tell the story he wants to tell. And he is laughing all the way to the bank, while saying "Gotcha".

Off my rant.

Closed Thread