Closed Thread
Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1700

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

  1. #501
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    99

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;2699594;
    OH my bad - I worded that wrong....

    She apologized to him about 10-15 times for calling him a jerk....

    The you can't get forgiveness without apologizing were my words...sorry for the confusion...
    Well, those are still very good words

  2. #502
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Delco Pa
    Posts
    355

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;2699590;
    I have a question...this is for Brad supporters...

    this to me is the most disturbing statement Brad made in all of his media interviews...

    The Saturday before the Finale aired, he gave a radio interview and it in he said something along these lines...I don't have the energy to find the exact quote right now

    Maybe I didn't choose anyone and instead I took the rose and ate it - now that would be the most shocking ending in Bachelor history (laughing as he said it)

    Doesn't this bother any of you...that after filming the ATFR and seeing how upset DeAnna still was that he didn't think it was inappropriate to joke about what happened?
    It just smacks of a man who just doesnt get it and actually THINKS he is funny. A total Cad who couldnt care less about the women he tramples over
    The Shameless Damage Control World Tour continues today at 3pm e.s.t. on Ellen

  3. #503
    FORT Fogey casualfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of sand and fog
    Posts
    1,931

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;2699590;
    I have a question...this is for Brad supporters...

    this to me is the most disturbing statement Brad made in all of his media interviews...

    The Saturday before the Finale aired, he gave a radio interview and it in he said something along these lines...I don't have the energy to find the exact quote right now

    Maybe I didn't choose anyone and instead I took the rose and ate it - now that would be the most shocking ending in Bachelor history (laughing as he said it)

    Doesn't this bother any of you...that after filming the ATFR and seeing how upset DeAnna still was that he didn't think it was inappropriate to joke about what happened?
    Hmmm, I guess I'm a Brad supporter, so I'll answer. I recall that interview was with JB and Sandy about a week before the finale, but before the ATFR show. When I listened to the interview I thought the hosts said the line about eating the rose and joking about it. It's hard to tell with radio, but you can still listen (I think) on the JB and Sandy archived podcasts. It's at the very end that this comment occurred. Not sure if it's worth anyones time or not, but as with everything you can draw your own conclusions.

    Cape you make very valid points in your posts, not just today but throughout this season and last season too. Brad definitely could have used his words better at the FRC and since. I do think though that he is sincere and I'm going to watch the Ellen interview later this afternoon and draw my own conclusions.

  4. #504
    FORT Fogey KareyR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean
    Posts
    2,070

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;2699507;
    Brad did a great job of looking truly hurt by Ellen today....

    the thing that I thought was so IRONIC was that Ellen kept saying - I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and I AM SO SORRY...

    If Brad had the same respect to apologize like he demanded Ellen do - I would have a lot more respect for him...
    see cape
    you hit the nail on the head here. brad appeared to be hurt by ellen's words and actions, and she was accountable for that, remorseful and apologized. brad's words and actions hurt 2 beautiful women, deanna especially, yet brad has shown basically zero remorse, zero accountability, and no apology, and he continues to play the victim....my heart is broken too huh??? your heart break is self inflicted...if you have a broken heart, than obviously you made a mistake. weren't you being true to yourself and following your heart, so how can your heart be broken. this doesn't even make sense...aren't you happy at the outcome and that you stayed true to yourself???

    even today...he does not appear remorseful at all regarding what he did, and how he did it...only for the backlash, and is hurt only by what ellen said. he can give it out...but he can't take him. i just do not understand this man, and wish brad's dc team would do an intervention and get this man into much needed therapy...to sort out his disrespectful treatment of women, and his other many issues. by putting out this dc spin, i feel like the dc team is in denial, and basically handing an alcoholic a drink. none of brad's or his dc team's words and actions make sense to me. they just leave me perplexed and confused...and angry and resentful, and sad. thanks
    karey

  5. #505
    FORT Fogey MomLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2699565;
    The premises of the Bachelor and Bachelorette is to lead the participants on till the end. That premise has been there since day one. In fact they sign contracts which force the participants to give basic control of their lives during taping. The Bach 11 was no different than any other except he did not fall in love and he did not play the game of ring on string etc. further stringing the participants along like the past participants have done.
    I agree the premise is there.

    I doubt Brad can use that as a defence, since he was trying to warn Hillary with the just friends comment both at the pool and at the preRC.

    Brad also dropped hints to Kristie in his comment about being good enough for her.

    Putting the shows intentions aside; once the FRC come around it is suppose to be about being honest. Brad let DeAnna go yet was sending mixed messages.

    Come ATFR, Brad was still sending mixed messages.

    I still do not think that Brad has realized he was sending mixed messages to DeAnna.

    Brad had the legal right not to pick anyone, because he wanted to put that in his contract, I still think he went into this knowing he was not going to pick anyone. He has issues like he said. What about not going on the show with issues.

  6. #506
    FORT Regular Mommynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2698682;
    My cousin is a closed-captioner based in Dallas. It's not as odd as you would think. Their ears are only as good as yours, especially on live tv/reality shows. You will notice more errors on those type of shows (you will see grammatical errors such as "too, to, their, they're") than on shows with scripts.

    There's a difference between closed captions and subtitles.

    I could give you a lesson on this but I'm sure it would bore you.

    I think my favorite (saddest) moment was on 9/11 when a CC'er was live-captioning late in the day and she typed "I'm sorry, I have to stop now- hands are tired and children are hungry, God Bless America" and it took my breath away. I don't know how many people saw it- it was 3:03 am, so technically 9/12.

    Sorry to be off-topic but wanted to clarify the captioning issue.
    The people who do closed captioning are court reporters. They write what they hear on their steno machines and a specialized software translates what they write on the steno machine into English. They write phonetically so they write what they hear as it's said. My hat goes off to anyone who can do that!

  7. #507
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Delco Pa
    Posts
    355

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2699606;
    see cape
    you hit the nail on the head here. brad appeared to be hurt by ellen's words and actions, and she was accountable for that, remorseful and apologized. brad's words and actions hurt 2 beautiful women, deanna especially, yet brad has shown basically zero remorse, zero accountability, and no apology, and he continues to play the victim....my heart is broken too huh??? your heart break is self inflicted...if you have a broken heart, than obviously you made a mistake. weren't you being true to yourself and following your heart, so how can your heart be broken. this doesn't even make sense...aren't you happy at the outcome and that you stayed true to yourself???

    even today...he does not appear remorseful at all regarding what he did, and how he did it...only for the backlash, and is hurt only by what ellen said. he can give it out...but he can't take him. i just do not understand this man, and wish brad's dc team would do an intervention and get this man into much needed therapy...to sort out his disrespectful treatment of women, and his other many issues. by putting out this dc spin, i feel like the dc team is in denial, and basically handing an alcoholic a drink. none of brad's or his dc team's words and actions make sense to me. they just leave me perplexed and confused...and angry and resentful, and sad. thanks
    karey
    Very well said Karey and i couldnt agree more with your post. I will see for myself at 3pm e.s.t. on Ellen the woe-is-me Bradley

  8. #508
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    99

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Hey Fellow Forters, I just wanted to take this time to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I know some of you are doing a happy dance that I'm going and some of you even thought I needed help (). I so enjoy the sleuthing part of this board and some of the very witty comments, etc. Such talent on here.

    All of this has made me so very thankful for my sons, one who is now in Heaven, and the wonderful men that they are. I am not usually one to be so adamant (sp) about someone I really have never met, and if I offended anyone I am sorry. Sometimes you just have to stand up for something or you will fall for anything.

    See you all next year

  9. #509
    FORT Fogey KareyR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean
    Posts
    2,070

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cape;2699558;
    I guess I feel that in having his publicist call her and let her know that he was mad that she did that IMO is demanding an apology - I guess demand is a bad word - maybe requested?


    This is how I believe things happened:

    Brad said as soon as he met DeAnna he was done...and I believe CH said at the ATFR that it was so obviously DeAnna through all of filming...so the producers knew who to fly out...

    They realized Brad was waffling and they wanted to do whatever they could to get a proposal and probably felt that once her dad was there Brad would go ahead and do it...this was a pressure tactic by the producers...

    I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one...

    BUT it still does not change the things he said to her...
    as soon as I met you I was done...
    Don't shut me out....
    I think about you everyday...
    I miss you more than you will ever know...
    Saturday will be a good day...

    I know he said he would take that back BUT he still did NOT apologize - how hard is that to understand...Ellen said it to you a thousand times Brad - you can't get forgiveness without apologizing....
    hi cape
    and how about (and paraphrasing here), the first time we kissed...well i can't even remeber when the last time i felt like that from one kiss was....IF EVER!!!! great posts cape...i bow down to your brilliance. thanks
    karey

  10. #510
    FORT Fogey cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2699602;
    Hmmm, I guess I'm a Brad supporter, so I'll answer. I recall that interview was with JB and Sandy about a week before the finale, but before the ATFR show. When I listened to the interview I thought the hosts said the line about eating the rose and joking about it. It's hard to tell with radio, but you can still listen (I think) on the JB and Sandy archived podcasts. It's at the very end that this comment occurred. Not sure if it's worth anyones time or not, but as with everything you can draw your own conclusions.

    Cape you make very valid points in your posts, not just today but throughout this season and last season too. Brad definitely could have used his words better at the FRC and since. I do think though that he is sincere and I'm going to watch the Ellen interview later this afternoon and draw my own conclusions.

    I should go listen - the transcribed version shows that he said it - and I think it aired after the taping but he might have taped it before...

    thank you for answering...I don't think it is bad that you are a Brad supporter - just wondering what you think about statements like that!

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.