Closed Thread
Page 5 of 170 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1700

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

  1. #41
    ABC Cheats Viewers! Zinnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,142

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2687676;
    I wouldn't necessarily reach that conclusion, Lynn. If you read the whole article, I get the impression that it's more the response of someone who has (unfortunately) been drinking deep of the "The Bachelor" as a process kool aid. She speaks in glowing terms of the producers. She was in contact with them frequently after the show finished taping, as she was watching everything play out, etc. because the producers and her father were the only people she could talk to about everything.

    I actually blame them, in addition to Brad, for possibly keeping hope alive that Brad may "come to his senses" or give it another try.

    Also, as you can see above, she also said very clearly that she believes "the process" works - it worked for her, she fell in love with Brad. It sounds like she's confident it could work again, but it sounds incredibly hypothetical at this point. She still seems VERY hung up on Brad and also very hurt. I do not think she was acting. I would think and hope that she'd think twice before she put herself through the wringer again. Honestly, the thought of her doing it makes me cringe because if the show would film this spring? I don't think she'd have enough distance from this screwed up experience to be ready for the next screwed up experience.

    Didn't Trista and Meredith have far more time between their seasons ending and the start of taping the Bachelorette?
    Trista had about nine months post-Alex until she met Ryan. Blob's season was airing when Meredeth met Ian. So less than three months there.

    I read the interview with DeAnna on realitytvworld. I agree that she's still hung up on Brad. Although the interview does state that she would like to be The Bachelorette and she speaks so highly of Fleiss & Co, remember she's under contract for a year following the Finale. They dictate what she says and where she can say it. They wouldn't let her bad-mouth the show. She wouldn't be allowed to say "Hell no I don't want anything to do with Fleiss again".

    I don't think DeAnna would make a good Bachelorette. She's too hurt. She can't heal in such a short time. Much worse off emotionally than either Trista or Meredeth. They got their goodbyes, and knew it was over. DeAnna keeps getting mixed signals from Brad the Cad. She can't let go, because he won't.

    But why realitytvworld for the interview instead of FORT. We do so much more to create the buzz for the show. All of the sites, ABC, Jokers, etc. refer to FORT for the sleuthig. You'd think Fleiss would give credit where it's due. I think FORT was snubbed, because we're too good at finding out the truth. Fleiss prefers to just do spin control. Fleiss knew realitytvworld would play nice with him and his show just like InTouch and Extra do.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

  2. #42
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Do we know who won the Rose Game at ABC ? The Top 5 scores on the leaderboard are all FORT members, I believe.

    We need a party to celebrate !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  3. #43
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689077;
    Do we know who won the Rose Game at ABC ? The Top 5 scores on the leaderboard are all FORT members, I believe.

    We need a party to celebrate !
    All 5 of us are from the Fort, and to my knowledge no one has been advised of winning it yet. It will probably be awhile, I would assume.

    Note to self ~ no more sharing of rose ceremony picks.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  4. #44
    Think Spring Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    18,006

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    There are more than a few FoRters in 2nd place as well (6th on the leaderboard). If we (me) had picked Solisa rather than Kim for the first RC, there would be a huge gang up in first place. Happens to me on first night every year - go for a shaky pick and a shakier pick takes her place. *sigh*
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;2688674;
    Jenni moved on quickly. She left with no hope it was her, thinking it was Deanna. She got back in the swing of things and back with her BF. Deanna will do the same now that all hope is gone. I bet she's already seeing Brad in a different light.

    I always wonder about people who say "I'm taking the high road". That phrase bothers me more than those who point out they are "honest". (Most people are honest and assume others are as well. You don't have to say it.)

    The high road thing to me says "I have lots of dirt I could dish, but I've decided to me nice and not share it."

    When you take the high road, others see it. You don't say it!!!!!!!!!!!

    Interesting you should bring up Brad's comment on...taking the high road..it can mean so many things. Just got through discussing it on another thread.

    He used the same statement to Bettina at the WTA with respect to his HTD.
    I think you definitely have the right defination for Bettina. But, I think he meant it a little different for the proposal. I think he meant he was going ahead and propose because that's what everyone expected and wanted him to do. He was in a no win situation.

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey MomLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;2688674;
    Jenni moved on quickly. She left with no hope it was her, thinking it was Deanna. She got back in the swing of things and back with her BF. Deanna will do the same now that all hope is gone. I bet she's already seeing Brad in a different light.

    I always wonder about people who say "I'm taking the high road". That phrase bothers me more than those who point out they are "honest". (Most people are honest and assume others are as well. You don't have to say it.)

    The high road thing to me says "I have lots of dirt I could dish, but I've decided to me nice and not share it."

    When you take the high road, others see it. You don't say it!!!!!!!!!!!
    I find it intresting about the high road, Brad said it to both Bettina and DeAnna.

    Brad was shown getting upset with both Bettina and DeAnna when they questioned Brad.

    We were not shown Brad get upset with Stephy when she questioned his intentions. Brad did mention it in an interview.

    What I found intresting with Brad, is that he used a lot of phrases from previous Bachelors. I wonder if at those times was he being sincere or just playing the part and going through the motions.

  7. #47
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,848

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2689403;
    I find it intresting about the high road, Brad said it to both Bettina and DeAnna.

    Brad was shown getting upset with both Bettina and DeAnna when they questioned Brad.

    We were not shown Brad get upset with Stephy when she questioned his intentions. Brad did mention it in an interview.

    What I found intresting with Brad, is that he used a lot of phrases from previous Bachelors. I wonder if at those times was he being sincere or just playing the part and going through the motions.
    Here is what Kate Brockhouse has to say about Brad's comments to the girls: "I know for a fact that Brad wasn't contractually allowed to be upfront with them and say that his feelings weren't there."

  8. #48
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689077;
    Do we know who won the Rose Game at ABC ? The Top 5 scores on the leaderboard are all FORT members, I believe.

    We need a party to celebrate !
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2689268;
    All 5 of us are from the Fort, and to my knowledge no one has been advised of winning it yet. It will probably be awhile, I would assume.

    Note to self ~ no more sharing of rose ceremony picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2689349;
    There are more than a few FoRters in 2nd place as well (6th on the leader-board). If we (me) had picked Solisa rather than Kim for the first RC, there would be a huge gang up in first place. Happens to me on first night every year - go for a shaky pick and a shakier pick takes her place. *sigh*
    Well, even though I can't send you all to Cabo ... congratulations to all of you.

    I wish they'd acknowledge the skills of the runners-up and at least give you all a gift bag.

    Ariel .. I saw that their were also FORTers in 2nd and high up on the leader-board. Question though ... how could you NOT pick Solisa as a "shaky" contender ... she was shakin' everything everywhere.

    Congratulations to an impressive group of sleuthers !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  9. #49
    FORT Fogey glowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,271

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;2689418;
    Here is what Kate Brockhouse has to say about Brad's comments to the girls: "I know for a fact that Brad wasn't contractually allowed to be upfront with them and say that his feelings weren't there."

    Meredith, who I felt was good intentioned throughout the process, said some pretty misleading things to Matt. I assume they have to do their part in creating a drama worth watching. Lots of money at stake and the show must have an element of mystery at the end. I don't really fault him for that. They signed up for this and should expect to be mislead if necessary.

    I do, personally, have a problem with people who are intent on describing their good traits. Always makes me wonder why.

  10. #50
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689429;

    Ariel .. I saw that their were also FORTers in 2nd and high up on the leader-board. Question though ... how could you NOT pick Solisa as a "shaky" contender ... she was shakin' everything everywhere.
    You are too funny, echo! The clue that I had that Solisa was staying was due to an article I read in which Brad talked about the various discussions he had with Solisa. I knew that she would have had to stick around for awhile for them to have talked so much.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.