Closed Thread
Page 4 of 170 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2687435;
    The article must have been deleted from here because it was from another reality site. Anyway, here is what she said when being asked if she would consider the role of the bachelorette:

DeAnna: "Of course I would. I believe in the experience and I believe that it can truly happen, and it happened for me. I'm sorry that Brad didn't have the feelings on his end, but I believe it and I think it can happen and I would be honored if they asked me to do it."
    So, AFTR was filmed last Friday and aired on Tuesday. Come Wednesday DeAnna is already saying she'd love to be the next Bachelorette? Is it just me or does this sound like someone whose heart wasn't stabbed all that badly after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2687669;
    So, AFTR was filmed last Friday and aired on Tuesday. Come Wednesday DeAnna is already saying she'd love to be the next Bachelorette? Is it just me or does this sound like someone whose heart wasn't stabbed all that badly after all?
    I wouldn't necessarily reach that conclusion, Lynn. If you read the whole article, I get the impression that it's more the response of someone who has (unfortunately) been drinking deep of the "The Bachelor" as a process kool aid. She speaks in glowing terms of the producers. She was in contact with them frequently after the show finished taping, as she was watching everything play out, etc. because the producers and her father were the only people she could talk to about everything.

I actually blame them, in addition to Brad, for possibly keeping hope alive that Brad may "come to his senses" or give it another try.

Also, as you can see above, she also said very clearly that she believes "the process" works - it worked for her, she fell in love with Brad. It sounds like she's confident it could work again, but it sounds incredibly hypothetical at this point. She still seems VERY hung up on Brad and also very hurt. I do not think she was acting. I would think and hope that she'd think twice before she put herself through the wringer again. Honestly, the thought of her doing it makes me cringe because if the show would film this spring? I don't think she'd have enough distance from this screwed up experience to be ready for the next screwed up experience.

Didn't Trista and Meredith have far more time between their seasons ending and the start of taping the Bachelorette?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2687676;
    I wouldn't necessarily reach that conclusion, Lynn. If you read the whole article, I get the impression that it's more the response of someone who has (unfortunately) been drinking deep of the "The Bachelor" as a process kool aid. She speaks in glowing terms of the producers. She was in contact with them frequently after the show finished taping, as she was watching everything play out, etc. because the producers and her father were the only people she could talk to about everything.

I actually blame them, in addition to Brad, for possibly keeping hope alive that Brad may "come to his senses" or give it another try.

Also, as you can see above, she also said very clearly that she believes "the process" works - it worked for her, she fell in love with Brad. It sounds like she's confident it could work again, but it sounds incredibly hypothetical at this point. She still seems VERY hung up on Brad and also very hurt. I do not think she was acting. I would think and hope that she'd think twice before she put herself through the wringer again. Honestly, the thought of her doing it makes me cringe because if the show would film this spring? I don't think she'd have enough distance from this screwed up experience to be ready for the next screwed up experience.

Didn't Trista and Meredith have far more time between their seasons ending and the start of taping the Bachelorette?
    I can't remember the time in between shows for Trista or Meredith but it seemed like it was around 1 year.

I understand what you're saying but would you expect someone who was so hurt, he stabbed her heart, she was crying just a few days ago, yet now she would be 'honoured' to be the next Bachelorette? She just seems to have gotten over her pain very, very quickly.

In my humble opinion, Jenni and Deanna are victims of what a lot of women deal with in real life. You meet what you percieve as a "great guy", he practically BEGS you to open your heart and feelings to him, and even to VERBALIZE those feelings. So you do. BAM!! All the challenge for him is gone. He starts to wax nostalgic for an old flame who still resides in a special place in his heart. Probably because she dumped his butt. The old unrequited love thing. All men (and many women ) want a challenge, and these two deserving vic... I mean women.... erased all of the challenge by making it crystal clear to him that they wanted to be his future wife. Now, that should not be a bad thing. In fact, I applaud them for putting their hearts on the line for a chance at true love. But, the formula that is "The Bachelor" has been proven to fail, time and time again. Because to most men, when love is offered up in multiple "sure things", the only thing that is sure is that ultimately the bachelor will bail.
    Go Tigers!

I have to agree that it surpised me a little that she seemed so willing to do the Bachelorette. But I do not doubt for a minute that she was (and is) deeply in love with Brad and was heart-broken!!! I've never seen a girl at the ATFR that seemed so devastated...
    Now, what I'm thinking is, she would probably not start taping the Bachelorette next week, but she said that she does believe in the process. The interviewer asked her if she would like to be the Bachelorette, so if she can possibly imagine to do it, she has to say yes!!! Imagine she said no just because she's still too hurt right now - the producers probably wouldn't ask her then. Like this, she can still turn down the offer if she doesn't think she could to it in a couple of month.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2688065;
    I have to agree that it surpised me a little that she seemed so willing to do the Bachelorette. But I do not doubt for a minute that she was (and is) deeply in love with Brad and was heart-broken!!! I've never seen a girl at the ATFR that seemed so devastated...
    Now, what I'm thinking is, she would probably not start taping the Bachelorette next week, but she said that she does believe in the process. The interviewer asked her if she would like to be the Bachelorette, so if she can possibly imagine to do it, she has to say yes!!! Imagine she said no just because she's still too hurt right now - the producers probably wouldn't ask her then. Like this, she can still turn down the offer if she doesn't think she could to it in a couple of month.
    Thank you for being so honest and straighforward about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2688108;
    Thank you for being so honest and straighforward about this.
    Hehe... now you know why I've been a DeAnna-Fan from day one!
    I think she came across very nice in that interview, but also a little confused... she's still hurting and she still doesn't really know why Brad let her go (well, I don't either, so I can't blame her).
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

The only thing I can think of is that DAnna got her answer about Brad at the taping at the ATFR. He still did not talk in the Pass as it was over, but I think in her mind the choice was made to let it go and there is no future for them.

To me, DeAnna seemed still upset, but I can see her thinking that in 4 to 6 months she would be ready to do a Bachelorette.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2688547;
    The only thing I can think of is that DAnna got her answer about Brad at the taping at the ATFR. He still did not talk in the Pass as it was over, but I think in her mind the choice was made to let it go and there is no future for them.

To me, DeAnna seemed still upset, but I can see her thinking that in 4 to 6 months she would be ready to do a Bachelorette.
    I agree, I think she will be fine then and pretty certain she does too. Trista had her heart broken and found love in about the same time frame, I believe.

I bet hearts heal faster if love happens in this format. The real world jerks you back. Deanna would have healed more by the AFTR show if Brad had been clear. The confusion left her with some hope. Usually we see F2's with their hearts on the mend because it was a clean split.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2688547;

Jenni moved on quickly. She left with no hope it was her, thinking it was Deanna. She got back in the swing of things and back with her BF. Deanna will do the same now that all hope is gone. I bet she's already seeing Brad in a different light.

I always wonder about people who say "I'm taking the high road". That phrase bothers me more than those who point out they are "honest". (Most people are honest and assume others are as well. You don't have to say it.)

The high road thing to me says "I have lots of dirt I could dish, but I've decided to me nice and not share it."

When you take the high road, others see it. You don't say it!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by glowgirl; 11-23-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Closed Thread