Closed Thread
Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

As thousands cheer, Brad Womack denies | Out & About

Austin360 blogs > Out & About > Archives > 2007 > November > 20 > Entry

As thousands cheer, Brad Womack denies
    By Michael Barnes | Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 09:38 AM

OK, maybe a hundred people showed up at the Thirsty Nickel on Sixth Street, one of the Womack family bars, to witness the final rose ceremony on “The Bachelor.” And if you want to be absolutely accurate, a rump caucus was following the Titans-Broncos game on a smaller monitor.

Yet the masses — 2 to 1 female to male — picked chatty Jenni early on in our informal poll, then turned to grave DeAnn after the seeing Brad Womack’s mother’s reaction to both. (Jenni giggled nervously; DeAnn came off as down home.)

Curiously, the Austin guys were as glued to the screen as the gals. Romance knows no gender, I suppose. At least one viewer, however, was not amused. “I don’t (expletive) care,” said Natalea Hays, who was dragged to the Nickel by her sister. “The show is retarded.”

When Brad failed to propose to, first, Jenni, then DeAnn, hands clasped gaping mouths and eyes widened to maximum surprise magnitude. Then they cheered. No kidding. They realized that Austin’s very own Bachelor is still on the loose. And co-owner of four busy bars, where he can be easily encountered.

Look, Brad seems like a nice guy. I’d spend time with him at any party. But I knew from the first minute I heard his voice over the phone in our first interview that he hadn’t proposed to one of the 25 candidates. He’s not that adept of a liar. (Although we hear Bobby Bones is predicting he’ll propose tonight to one of his previous rejectees. Bones knows his stuff usually.)

So why did he agree to appear on such a sadistic show, where women leave weeping after each episode? Go figure. This was my one and only investment season in “The Bachelor,” and only because Brad was destined to become a local celebrity. Hope to see him soon. And hope to avoid any references to the show in future conversations.

Oh yes!! So DeAnna would love to do the bachelorette show??? I would be so happy to see her do it! Someone find out how we can let ABC know we want her to do it too!!!!

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2687068;
    Oh yes!! So DeAnna would love to do the bachelorette show??? I would be so happy to see her do it! Someone find out how we can let ABC know we want her to do it too!!!!
    hi miss sandi
    i would love to see deanna as the bachelorette as well, once she has healed from this heartbreak, she would be great....but where are you getting this from. i noticed someone mentioned an interview with deanna, but i am not finding it here. where can i find it. help please thanks
    karey

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2685983;
    But given that the show has almost always ended with some kind of relationship -- the one exception: when I turned down two proposals on The Bachelorette -- I was surprised to hear he had walked away a single man. And I was even more surprised by the fallout . . . or lack thereof.

In the two days after the finale, there haven't been many major headlines about the show. An MSNBC.com article critiqued the outcome, EW.com interviewed the show's creator (he's not happy), and the New York Daily News focused on how viewers felt they were duped by ABC, who promoted the finale as if Brad found his wife. However, the overall coverage has been nothing compared to the negative press I personally received after announcing I didn't want to be with any of the guys I met on the show. Brad faced some criticism from the female participants and host Chris Harrison on the "After the Final Rose" show on Tuesday night, but as of yet, I haven't seen much denouncing him as a jerk (or whatever the male equivalent of a bitch is) or proclaiming he made the biggest mistake of his life and that he'd be single forever. In other words, he's been treated a lot differently than I was when I decided to leave the show a single woman.
    Waaaahhh.... waaaaaahhh... waaaaaahh. Shut up, Jen! I could not possibly care less what Jen Scheft thinks about anything, but especially about relationships.

I'm not here to say "poor me."
    That's funny, because that's just what that sounded like when I read it..

(Thanks for posting the article, JLuvs. Interesting skimming, I just can't stand Jen. )
    Last edited by Secret; 11-22-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2687292;
    Waaaahhh.... waaaaaahhh... waaaaaahh. Shut up, Jen! I could not possibly care less what Jen Scheft thinks about anything, but especially about relationships.

(Thanks for posting the article, JLuvs. Interesting skimming, I just can't stand Jen. )
    I agree!! Jen Scheft is a fool!

Did anyone see Brad on Jimmy Kimmel last night? I caught the last two minutes of the show while the musical guest was performing but they did show Brad sitting in the guest's chair.

After watching this seasons Bachelor creation, I am now willing to give Jen Scheft a bit more benefit of the doubt. Not much, but a little

I don't care for the girl. No, I don't like anything I know about her from the publicity. I don't give her much credit for smarts, but I am no longer willing to villify her totally. I still think she is clueless as to why people don't like her, but I am also willing to concede that some of the things she said were creative placement.

I think she was interviewed because 1) no one likes her 2) her opinions would be discounted 3) people draws parallel between her and Brad 4) and it is more of the ABC machine punishing a cast member for defying TPTB.

DeAnna did an interview with Reality TV I believe. It was interesting. She seems to have recovered well enough in the last few days to consider doing it all over again. I don't get why anyone would do it if they had been so devastated, but to each his/her own
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 11-22-2007 at 02:38 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2687416;
    DeAnna did an interview with Reality TV I believe. It was interesting. She seems to have recovered well enough in the last few days to consider doing it all over again. I don't get why anyone would do it if they had been so devastated, but to each his/her own
    Well, I don't think that she believes that if she is the one doing the show an giving out the roses, someone will leave her heart-broken again...
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 11-22-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2687292;

Gotta agree with you there. I could NOT care less about Jen after the way she stomped on Jerry's heart the way she did. Hey, if you aren't into the guy fine, but IMO she treated him with contempt and disdain, of which he had done nothing to deserve. Since I wasn't invested in Brad's show I don't really care one way or the other about him or his outcome except to say from what I read I have to agree he's a complete tool. The bar girls in Austin are welcome to him. Good luck if they think they are the one who will change him.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2687241;
    hi miss sandi
    i would love to see deanna as the bachelorette as well, once she has healed from this heartbreak, she would be great....but where are you getting this from. i noticed someone mentioned an interview with deanna, but i am not finding it here. where can i find it. help please thanks
    karey
    The article must have been deleted from here because it was from another reality site. Anyway, here is what she said when being asked if she would consider the role of the bachelorette:

DeAnna: "Of course I would. I believe in the experience and I believe that it can truly happen, and it happened for me. I'm sorry that Brad didn't have the feelings on his end, but I believe it and I think it can happen and I would be honored if they asked me to do it."

Closed Thread