Closed Thread
Page 167 of 170 FirstFirst ... 67117157158159160161162163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1700

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

arielflies noted that:

And I was just kicking myself by the end of the season when I thought back to Kimmel. I should always always trust my gut. Always. We all should. Kimmel clearly had been told what to say and what not to say. The entire ending was, for all practical purposes, broadcast to all of us that night. But I, for one, wasnt paying nearly enough attention. The ending of these shows are often made crystal clear to us, even without insider information. Going into season 12 I have promised myself not to let this happen again.

RE: Where are they now?
    I'd be surprised if they make no mention of Brad whatsover. He is , after all, the most recent Bachelor. I think it would be weird if they dont mention him. I imagine they'll just say he's back in Austin, working hard (flash a picture of one of the bars) and still looking for love. I dont think they'll dwell on him. I think we'll see more of Firestone, including a photo of his fiance (Fleiss and ABC just adore Andrew), and Travis . Travis has his new show to promote and so he'll be anxious for any screen time. Does ABC have any relationship to ESPN? If so, we'll see Jesse. Too bad.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Arielflies. That interview was weird. I thought many of his interviews were, now looking back on it. Especially the ones with Chad. It willl be very interesting to see how they edit this "where are they now show" Will they mention the recent skirmish between Byron and Mary? I wonder now just how much fluff we are fed.

ABC owns ESPN, so we'll definitely see Jesse.

Brad will be shown because of DeAnna, but I'm so over him, it may be an occasion to refresh whatever beverage I've got.

ABC & ESPN are owned by the same company (Disney), so we'll see Jesse at his NCAA football anchor desk.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2822395;
    I would imagine that Brad doesnt trust Fleiss not to edit him badly. Why offer Fleiss more footage that he can skew as he wishes, especially now that DeAnna is the next bachelorette? Fleiss has no reason to be nice towards Brad and Brad knows it. If I were Brad I'd have declined as well.
    As in all games shows and most reality shows the format of The Bachelor is set up so that there will be a winner if a contestant is able to endure until the end. As we know, however, because of the way that Brad played it, at the end of The Bachelor essentially the winner was the loser.
    Given that scenario and what we know to be true concerning Fleiss's editing practices, I agree with your assumptions. I don't know if that is the reason that Brad declined, but it sounds like a smart choice to me. If I were Brad, I wouldn't give the man the gun or anymore ammo with which to shoot me then he could come up with on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2822277;
    2 weeks ago, while filming the B12 fantasy dates, the producers called Brad and asked him to participate in the "Where are they now" episode which would have included a film crew coming to Austin and filming his everyday life. He respectfully declined. If they do end up showing any footage or using any audio of him it will have to be from footage that was shot in Austin this past June, right before he left to film his season. They have the legal right to use anything they already have in any way they choose . It will be interesting to see if a) he is mentioned on the show and b) if he is mentioned... will they present their footage as if it was shot very recently? There was plenty of stuff filmed in Austin that they never used

I think Brad made the right choice...good for him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2822884;
    I think Brad made the right choice...good for him.
    I think Brad made the right choice as well. I wish him well!
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell

Quote Originally Posted by muslady;2822959;
    I think Brad made the right choice as well. I wish him well!
    I will third the quote, "Brad made the right decision". Good luck to Brad in his future, have a good life!

I was surfing and came across this little article posted by a radio station related to the previous season's bachelor sleuthing. I thought I would post the article here under media.

From 590 KJLB Radio News:

Some of you will recall that a few weeks ago, for a few short days, we ran on DOWR a picture of Austinite “Bachelor” Brad Womack’s old girl friend and our family friend Laurel Kagay. Since Brad is in local the hospitality business [he owns college bars like The Chugging Monkey] and starring in a national reality show, we thought we’d have a little fun with the story. Well, you can imagine my surprise when somebody from a national website that focuses on TV called a few days later and wanted to know about the baby that Brad and Laurel had, and if the girls on the “Bachelor” knew about this. I couldn’t believe this woman had asked the question. I told her that there was no baby as emphatically as I could: and she seemed disappointed.
    But there’s the viral power of the Internet for you. Take one piece of misinformation or wishful thinking on the part of some publicist from Hell and multiply it by 100,000. And hold your breath.

My post:
    Wow...what does he mean by this....that all us sleuthers are a bit ...um.....manic? Off in some way? Obsessed? Over the top???

LOL.....eeeerrrrr....Uh Oh....

Just thought I would post it here to see what you all thought. He has gotta be talking about the Fort yes?
    Last edited by hopelessroman; 03-04-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: didn't copy all the way

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2823549;
    I was surfing and came across this little article posted by a radio station related to the previous season's bachelor sleuthing. I thought I would post the article here under media.

From 590 KJLB Radio News:

Some of you will recall that a few weeks ago, for a few short days, we ran on DOWR a picture of Austinite “Bachelor” Brad Womack’s old girl friend and our family friend Laurel Kagay. Since Brad is in local the hospitality business [he owns college bars like The Chugging Monkey] and starring in a national reality show, we thought we’d have a little fun with the story. Well, you can imagine my surprise when somebody from a national website that focuses on TV called a few days later and wanted to know about the baby that Brad and Laurel had, and if the girls on the “Bachelor” knew about this. I couldn’t believe this woman had asked the question. I told her that there was no baby as emphatically as I could: and she seemed disappointed.
    But there’s the viral power of the Internet for you. Take one piece of misinformation or wishful thinking on the part of some publicist from Hell and multiply it by 100,000. And hold your breath.

My post:
    Wow...what does he mean by this....that all us sleuthers are a bit ...um.....manic? Off in some way? Obsessed? Over the top???

LOL.....eeeerrrrr....Uh Oh....

Just thought I would post it here to see what you all thought. He has gotta be talking about the Fort yes?
    Well the sluethers can hold on to their pride regardless of what the author thought. An attempt was made to check out the rumor that we all heard and should not have been taken lightly.

As a friend of Laurie, it was in poor taste of the author to bring Laurie into the limelight in that manner to begin with. At that time, it's my understanding she and Brad had gone their separate ways and their only connection was the business that Brad owns and Laurie manages.

No kidding, rileymeboy!

NOTE to "family friends": Posting my name, rumors about out of wedlock children (even in the format of a denial) and personal photos on the internet without asking me first will be ... uh ... hazardous to our continued friendship, regardless of how many HITS it brings to your website/blog.

Jeesh, you can't take anything for granted these days.

Closed Thread