Closed Thread
Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65115155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1700

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;2820427;
    As a friend of Brad, I guess I'll have to take your word that he is a stand up guy. Just didn't witness it on my TV. But one thing I've learned from Brad, which will be very useful going into this season, is to learn to pay close attention to what is said as a whole, rather than focus on a random over the top statement. (Thanks, Brad!) So if the word "rooftop" is used by the next bachelor, or some similar Bradism-"I'm very, very happy with the way things turned out", that will be my clue that that season is a total bust, too.
    The very first interview Brad gave prior to the show he borrowed a quote that previous bachelor #8 (Paris) Dr. Stork used "I am very happy with the outcome of the show". Right then and there it was obvious that he either didn't pick someone or he did a token pick that fizzled even before the show aired. I guess that's Fleiss's standard line for bachelors who have couldn't lie with a straight face.. Both Travis Stork and Brad Womack were promoted as being very sincere men who were looking to find a love match/life partner/wife/girlfriend, take your pick.

After 11 Bachelors and 3 Bach'ette shows I think most watchers who had seen this show over the years have figured out the "Fleissychology" and "Fleissictionary" and what that implies. After a week or two you know who the front runners are without looking at the season preview on epi 1. It's blatantly obvious as the nose on the face yet most of us kid ourselves into believing it's a surprise twist this time around. Go figure!

IMO Jelle and Seeker both of your posts are so accurate with regard to the Bachelor/Bachlorette shows. IMO this is not a show for a love story but a story of speed dating where two people just might click and pursue a possibility of a relationship. Many of the participants have probably come on the shows to further some career goal. If there is a true relationship such as Trista and Ryan it is a bonus for all of us addicted to these shows. It is really fun to watch those who sleuth each season and let us non sleuthers know what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2820432;
    I am sure that we will see a romance in both of the next shows. Whether it will be real (lasting into real life) or not is something else.

I am not sure why this thread continues to grow either nennie and Butterflyfaery - I guess we all think we need to respond to someone elses comments I am sure that Brad neither cares or is particularly aware of what is said about him or the show on the FORT or any other board, so we are mostly talking to each other
    The whole idea of the fort or any other board is to share ideas and opinions with each other. Most do not even think or care about the post being read by members of the show.

Have you all seen the advertisements for the "Where are they now" show that is coming on next week (I think next week). They did show Brad on the snippets, along with several of the other bachelors. Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by kml2000ga;2822268;
    Have you all seen the advertisements for the "Where are they now" show that is coming on next week (I think next week). They did show Brad on the snippets, along with several of the other bachelors. Interesting....
    2 weeks ago, while filming the B12 fantasy dates, the producers called Brad and asked him to participate in the "Where are they now" episode which would have included a film crew coming to Austin and filming his everyday life. He respectfully declined. If they do end up showing any footage or using any audio of him it will have to be from footage that was shot in Austin this past June, right before he left to film his season. They have the legal right to use anything they already have in any way they choose . It will be interesting to see if a) he is mentioned on the show and b) if he is mentioned... will they present their footage as if it was shot very recently? There was plenty of stuff filmed in Austin that they never used

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2822277;
    2 weeks ago, while filming the B12 fantasy dates, the producers called Brad and asked him to participate in the "Where are they now" episode which would have included a film crew coming to Austin and filming his everyday life. He respectfully declined. If they do end up showing any footage or using any audio of him it will have to be from footage that was shot in Austin this past June, right before he left to film his season. They have the legal right to use anything they already have in any way they choose . It will be interesting to see if a) he is mentioned on the show and b) if he is mentioned... will they present their footage as if it was shot very recently? There was plenty of stuff filmed in Austin that they never used

Thank you for the update babyfaceC ! I wish only the Best for Brad for whatever his future holds.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

seeker said:
    The very first interview Brad gave prior to the show he borrowed a quote that previous bachelor #8 (Paris) Dr. Stork used "I am very happy with the outcome of the show". Right then and there it was obvious that he either didn't pick someone or he did a token pick that fizzled even
    You are so very right. I went back to read our thread from the day of the very telling Kimmel interview. (I dont know if that's the interview that seeker was referring to, but it was a very important early interview .) Here is what I said on October 4, 2007 : (post 276 of the bachelor 11 media thread)
    The Jimmy Kimmel interview was pretty odd. Brad never got the chance to say that he's happy with the way things turned out. Even Travis parroted that line! Jimmy seemed very careful not to ask about the ending or whether he is in love
    arielflies noted that:
    After that it devolved into whether he had to pick any of the girls - Jimmy asked if he was contracted to do so, and that is when Brad said he had the OPTION to not choose.
    And I was just kicking myself by the end of the season when I thought back to Kimmel. I should always always trust my gut. Always. We all should. Kimmel clearly had been told what to say and what not to say. The entire ending was, for all practical purposes, broadcast to all of us that night. But I, for one, wasnt paying nearly enough attention. The ending of these shows are often made crystal clear to us, even without insider information. Going into season 12 I have promised myself not to let this happen again.

RE: Where are they now?
    It will be interesting to see if a) he is mentioned on the show and b) if he is mentioned... will they present their footage as if it was shot very recently?
    I'd be surprised if they make no mention of Brad whatsover. He is , after all, the most recent Bachelor. I think it would be weird if they dont mention him. I imagine they'll just say he's back in Austin, working hard (flash a picture of one of the bars) and still looking for love. I dont think they'll dwell on him. I think we'll see more of Firestone, including a photo of his fiance (Fleiss and ABC just adore Andrew), and Travis . Travis has his new show to promote and so he'll be anxious for any screen time. Does ABC have any relationship to ESPN? If so, we'll see Jesse. Too bad.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-03-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2822285;
    seeker said: You are so very right. I went back to read our thread from the day of the very telling Kimmel interview. (I dont know if that's the interview that seeker was referring to, but it was a very important early interview .) Here is what I said on October 4, 2007 : (post 276 of the bachelor 11 media thread)

arielflies noted that:

And I was just kicking myself by the end of the season when I thought back to Kimmel. I should always always trust my gut. Always. We all should. Kimmel clearly had been told what to say and what not to say. The entire ending was, for all practical purposes, broadcast to all of us that night. But I, for one, wasnt paying nearly enough attention. The ending of these shows are often made crystal clear to us, even without insider information. Going into season 12 I have promised myself not to let this happen again.

RE: Where are they now?
    I'd be surprised if they make no mention of Brad whatsover. He is , after all, the most recent Bachelor. I think it would be weird if they dont mention him. I imagine they'll just say he's back in Austin, working hard (flash a picture of one of the bars) and still looking for love. I dont think they'll dwell on him. I think we'll see more of Firestone, including a photo of his fiance (Fleiss and ABC just adore Andrew), and Travis . Travis has his new show to promote and so he'll be anxious for any screen time. Does ABC have any relationship to ESPN? If so, we'll see Jesse. Too bad.
    I am sure that he will be mentioned in some way, shape or form. DeAnna is going to be featured in the "Where are they Now" show as the next bachelorette, so at the very least he will be mentioned as part of her segment.

2 weeks ago, while filming the B12 fantasy dates, the producers called Brad and asked him to participate in the "Where are they now" episode which would have included a film crew coming to Austin and filming his everyday life. He respectfully declined.
    This raises an interesting question. How much of what is asked of them, after the FRC is filmed, do these folks have to do while still in their one year contract period? How free are they to refrain from participating in post show interviews or in post filming interviews? I know that some of the past bachelorettes have refused to do the WTA or ATFR shows.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2822317;
    This raises an interesting question. How much of what is asked of them, after the FRC is filmed, do these folks have to do while still in their one year contract period? How free are they to refrain from participating in post show interviews or in post filming interviews? I know that some of the past bachelorettes have refused to do the WTA or ATFR shows.

I do think the TPTB have the "right" to make them do something... But, I don't think TPTB think that its worth their time (in most cases) to "force" them to do something they don't want to do. Theoretically they could go through lawyers and the court system to make reluctant participants participate in the WTA and specials such as "Where are they now", but it probably isn't worth the hassle for them. JMO

Closed Thread