Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Quote Originally Posted by Amjacie;2814353;
    Bravo!!!
    I don't think Brad should have picked someone if he didn't "feel butterflies" BUT, I don't think he should have acted all along in the interviews like he had found his soulmate. I realize they want to attract an audience and with an ending like #11's, they were going to have to be mis-leading, obviously, but I think the viewers would have been much more forgiving of Brad if he hadn't been so over the top in his pre-air interviews. Leave that to the producers!
    He didn't act all along in the interviews like he had found his soulmate. If you listen to the interviews in the beginning of his media blitz you would understand how is answers pointed at him not choosing anyone. In all of the interviews in the beginning he used very general terms like "I made the experience my own" and such. After a few weeks of these very general answers it became obvious to many that if he didn't change his answers it would become very obvious that he didn't pick anyone. It is much easier for someone in his position to be misleading if he picked someone because he could have atleast referred to someone when he was keeping the audience off balance. He didn't enjoy lying or talking about shouting from the rooftop about the ending. If it were up to him he would have said in his interviews that he had chose no one... But his interviews had to keep the audience wondering who he chose.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2816066;
    He didn't act all along in the interviews like he had found his soulmate. If you listen to the interviews in the beginning of his media blitz you would understand how is answers pointed at him not choosing anyone. In all of the interviews in the beginning he used very general terms like "I made the experience my own" and such. After a few weeks of these very general answers it became obvious to many that if he didn't change his answers it would become very obvious that he didn't pick anyone. It is much easier for someone in his position to be misleading if he picked someone because he could have atleast referred to someone when he was keeping the audience off balance. He didn't enjoy lying or talking about shouting from the rooftop about the ending. If it were up to him he would have said in his interviews that he had chose no one... But his interviews had to keep the audience wondering who he chose.

Hi Babyface, I'm glad you still stick around, and I hope you will post with us in the B12. I'm hopeful that what you mention about Brad, wanting to be honest, but couldn't because of the show and contract, is all true.
    My best to Brad, at first I was upset with the ending, then when I got to think about it a little more, I realised he had made the right choice for him.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2816066;
    He didn't act all along in the interviews like he had found his soulmate. If you listen to the interviews in the beginning of his media blitz you would understand how is answers pointed at him not choosing anyone. In all of the interviews in the beginning he used very general terms like "I made the experience my own" and such.
    I agree with this. On first viewing, and overwhelmingly in hindsight, ABC and Brad were pretty careful NOT to set expectations for a repeat of the Andy/Tessa engagement ending. Two prominent examples :

--Jimmy Kimmel interview (IMO Kimmel / his staff for these sorts of promotional interviews are effectively insiders with ABC promotions people, etc) where Kimmel said "you might have picked no one" and Brad said "that option is there." If it wasn't a planned exchange, it was at the very least extremely revealing. That's not the sort of question you'd expect. Many of the other interviews avoided the topic of the ending or the final choice altogether.

--The ABC extended preview that was analyzed to death here for hands and hair and such included a girl's voice saying, "this is going to end badly" (or something like that), AND there was that photo of Brad seated, staring down alone at the ring. Talk about giving it away.

People project what they want to see, and hear only what they want to hear.

That's not to say that I will ever buy into the fantasy that ANY bachelor, including Brad, goes onto to the show for the "RIGHT REASONS", as in to find a soulmate. Please. But I won't repeat those old posts.

In my opinion Brad Womack is passe old news and I'm ready to move on. There really is nothing left to discuss about him, put him in the archives with the rest of them. It's time to see if the new one can do better than the former ones.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;2816468;
    In my opinion Brad Womack is passe old news and I'm ready to move on. There really is nothing left to discuss about him, put him in the archives with the rest of them. It's time to see if the new one can do better than the former ones.
    THANK YOU!!! I wondered why everyone is still giving him all this attention...must make him feel real good to know everyone still cares soooo much that they spend so much time talking about him...lol..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;2816468;
    I agree with you Nennie ! I do like Brad ~ but it's time to move on to the new guy in town.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Unfortunately with DeAnna being the next Bachlorette we will be reminded of Brad over and over again and he won't fade away into the sunset anytime soon. After DeAnna's season is done, if she finds "true love", then maybe his name will be more easy to forget. If DeAnna can't find a guy that is right for her then we will more than likely hear even more about Brad and how it's his fault or some such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;2816532;
    Unfortunately with DeAnna being the next Bachlorette we will be reminded of Brad over and over again and he won't fade away into the sunset anytime soon. After DeAnna's season is done, if she finds "true love", then maybe his name will be more easy to forget. If DeAnna can't find a guy that is right for her then we will more than likely hear even more about Brad and how it's his fault or some such thing.
    I guess that is where I have disassociated myself as Brad with Deanna. I look to Deanna as her and 25 guys. Maybe that is how forgettable Brad has become. I really prefer to remember the girls. Lot more interesting.

I agree Nennie. However, do you think that Fleiss is going to let us forget what Brad did to DeAnna? I mean, what better way to start the drama at the beginning of her season and all thru it than to remind us of how Brad treated DeAnna. I can hear the voice overs now during the show or commercials......."Will DeAnna's heart be broken again? Or will she find happiness this time around?" or some other stuff just to remind us that DeAnna has been "dumped on" before already. I just don't think that Fleiss is going to let Brad slip away any time soon.

I suspect they'll even replay a few snippets of the FnRC, and maybe some DeAnna interviews from the AFnRC. But that will be in the first hour. After that, it will be DeAnna saying things like "I need to be careful because I know what it's like to be hurt" and "now I understand how hard it is to choose" etc., etc., etc. without Brad's name actually being said.

You know, it'll be the usual stuff. This show isn't scripted, but it sure is predictable!

Closed Thread