Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

  1. #1611
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast Seabreeze
    Posts
    398

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    I still talk about this show because although I originally thought Brad was a bit of a doofus, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He seemed sincere and genuinely looking for the love of his life. The girls opened up just as he wanted them to and spilled their guts with his encouragement. His pre air interviews had him wanting to shout from the rooftop about how happy he was with the outcome and saying he could be married right now. Fleiss told him to say that? I don't think so. Big and dumb did that on his own and to further add insult to injury, he allowed viewing parties at his establishment all to further the pretense of a happy ending (and his wallet). What a joke! This is a person that has no sense of right and wrong and where only his feelings matter. He picked no one and was pretty darn proud of that fact! At least Fleiss marketed the show with "you have to watch from the beginning because you won't believe how it ends." That turned out to be the most honest thing about this season because it sure wasn't Brad.

  2. #1612
    is mostly lurking... Secret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2812742;
    Viewers, at least the casual viewers, I would think didn't so much want a fairytale ending, as they expected an ending in keeping with the format of the show over all the previous 10 seasons, which this horrible 11th edition of the show definitely did not provide.

    I distinctly remember poor, blameless, innocent Brad giving interviews which were clearly deceptive to the casual viewer. Hell, even to a non-casual viewer he sounded positively happy with the show and the outcome hinting at a happy ending every time he opened his big mouth. It's hard to believe that Fleiss was standing behind righteous Brad feeding him every word every time he yapped like a fishwife with his buddies on those morning radio talk shows or spoke to some other media outlet.

    I'm sure it would be convenient to shift the blame for this shameful little spectacle of a season from Brad's decidedly ungentlemanly shoulders onto the shoulders of the viewing audience, who are wholly entitled to their expectations from a silly reality show with a set format. Unfortunately for Brad, however, not everything can be blamed on editing and on the evil, evil marketing tactics of Fleiss and ABC. Some blame must go and definitely does go to saintly Brad, whether he likes it or not.
    Thank you, MsFroggy.

    I particularly enjoyed the truth of the statements I bolded above. No one put a gun to Brad's head and forced him to flat out lie repeatedly in the multiple interviews he gave while the show was airing AND once the finale aired. I'm not putting that on the viewers or my (admittedly misguided) desire for a real happy ending.

    Plenty of Bachelors have done the same job he was given (to promote the show), that walked away with much less than a lifelong partner, let alone a real happy ending (Travis, Lorenzo, Bob, Jesse, etc.) and somehow managed to navigate the 'rough' waters of the press without simultaneously proclaiming themselves as the most straightforward, straight talking - and you might assume, truth telling - guy you'd ever want to meet and proceeding to tell far more elaborate and varied lies than required by the "must keep the ending secret" excuse. Sorry, I don't buy that. Brad lied and no one made him do it. That's why I don't like him, just in case that wasn't clear already.

  3. #1613
    FoRT-i-fied hotlanta babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    now living in Hell-A
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2812791;
    So if he had handed Deanna the rose, that would have made it okay???

    Sure they were... how can you sell a product if you tell customers it tastes like medicine?

    I guess whether it was shameful or not is one of those perception things and I don't think anyone is blaming the audience for what happened. Someone blamed Brad for the ABC promotion, over which he had no control. What he said on interviews - Yes. ABC promo - no.

    I liked the way the show went. I don't feel sorry for any of the participants - none. The only deception going on was self-deception. I was glad to not have a ring on a string, a one-way-ticket, or the greatest-love-story-ever-written. They all took their chances - ALL - and suffered the consequences or reaped the benefits
    Hey, Jelle ... ya shoulda just said,
    "Don't hate tha playah. Hate the game!".
    (Sorry -- flashbacks of Hot-lanta-tude. And, yes, there is such a thing.)

  4. #1614
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2812742;
    Viewers, at least the casual viewers, I would think didn't so much want a fairytale ending, as they expected an ending in keeping with the format of the show over all the previous 10 seasons, which this horrible 11th edition of the show definitely did not provide.

    I distinctly remember poor, blameless, innocent Brad giving interviews which were clearly deceptive to the casual viewer. Hell, even to a non-casual viewer he sounded positively happy with the show and the outcome hinting at a happy ending every time he opened his big mouth. It's hard to believe that Fleiss was standing behind righteous Brad feeding him every word every time he yapped like a fishwife with his buddies on those morning radio talk shows or spoke to some other media outlet.

    I'm sure it would be convenient to shift the blame for this shameful little spectacle of a season from Brad's decidedly ungentlemanly shoulders onto the shoulders of the viewing audience, who are wholly entitled to their expectations from a silly reality show with a set format. Unfortunately for Brad, however, not everything can be blamed on editing and on the evil, evil marketing tactics of Fleiss and ABC. Some blame must go and definitely does go to saintly Brad, whether he likes it or not.
    Ms Froggy
    Perfecto....what I feel, but with more snarkiness and hilarity!!! Brad...the "sexiest Bachelor ever".. NOT!!! You spoke the truth and gave me a chuckle as always!!!! Thanks so much
    Karey

  5. #1615
    FORT Newbie Amjacie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    chattanooga
    Posts
    17

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;2813409;
    I still talk about this show because although I originally thought Brad was a bit of a doofus, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He seemed sincere and genuinely looking for the love of his life. The girls opened up just as he wanted them to and spilled their guts with his encouragement. His pre air interviews had him wanting to shout from the rooftop about how happy he was with the outcome and saying he could be married right now. Fleiss told him to say that? I don't think so. Big and dumb did that on his own and to further add insult to injury, he allowed viewing parties at his establishment all to further the pretense of a happy ending (and his wallet). What a joke! This is a person that has no sense of right and wrong and where only his feelings matter. He picked no one and was pretty darn proud of that fact! At least Fleiss marketed the show with "you have to watch from the beginning because you won't believe how it ends." That turned out to be the most honest thing about this season because it sure wasn't Brad.

    Bravo!!!
    I don't think Brad should have picked someone if he didn't "feel butterflies" BUT, I don't think he should have acted all along in the interviews like he had found his soulmate. I realize they want to attract an audience and with an ending like #11's, they were going to have to be mis-leading, obviously, but I think the viewers would have been much more forgiving of Brad if he hadn't been so over the top in his pre-air interviews. Leave that to the producers!

  6. #1616
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,897

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by Amjacie;2814353;
    Bravo!!!
    I don't think Brad should have picked someone if he didn't "feel butterflies" BUT, I don't think he should have acted all along in the interviews like he had found his soulmate. I realize they want to attract an audience and with an ending like #11's, they were going to have to be mis-leading, obviously, but I think the viewers would have been much more forgiving of Brad if he hadn't been so over the top in his pre-air interviews. Leave that to the producers!
    What bothered me was I could shout it from the rooftop or something like that. That led us to believe he had found a connection, not.

  7. #1617
    FORT Fogey sueb1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,365

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    We really don't know what Fleiss told him to say. IMO he couldn't have been too over the top if so many of the posters were convinced their was no love connection while the showed aired.

  8. #1618
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2814473;
    We really don't know what Fleiss told him to say. IMO he couldn't have been too over the top if so many of the posters were convinced their was no love connection while the showed aired.
    Good point sueb, however, a lot of us felt that he did indeed make a love connection on the show. Just not with either of the f2 girls and in the end, he perferred to try again with Laurie.

  9. #1619
    FORT Fogey hopelessroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2812742;
    Viewers, at least the casual viewers, I would think didn't so much want a fairytale ending, as they expected an ending in keeping with the format of the show over all the previous 10 seasons, which this horrible 11th edition of the show definitely did not provide.

    I distinctly remember poor, blameless, innocent Brad giving interviews which were clearly deceptive to the casual viewer. Hell, even to a non-casual viewer he sounded positively happy with the show and the outcome hinting at a happy ending every time he opened his big mouth. It's hard to believe that Fleiss was standing behind righteous Brad feeding him every word every time he yapped like a fishwife with his buddies on those morning radio talk shows or spoke to some other media outlet.

    I'm sure it would be convenient to shift the blame for this shameful little spectacle of a season from Brad's decidedly ungentlemanly shoulders onto the shoulders of the viewing audience, who are wholly entitled to their expectations from a silly reality show with a set format. Unfortunately for Brad, however, not everything can be blamed on editing and on the evil, evil marketing tactics of Fleiss and ABC. Some blame must go and definitely does go to saintly Brad, whether he likes it or not.
    Right on Ms. Froggy!!!!! Woo hoo

  10. #1620
    FORT Newbie Amjacie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    chattanooga
    Posts
    17

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2812742;
    Unfortunately for Brad, however, not everything can be blamed on editing and on the evil, evil marketing tactics of Fleiss and ABC. Some blame must go and definitely does go to saintly Brad, whether he likes it or not.
    That's just how I feel about it! Well said!

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.