Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2812662;

We were led to believe by ABC that indeed a proposal and indeed marriage might be in the works before the show even aired. But that is advertising. Viewers ran with it because they wanted to believe it. It was great promotion on ABC part and they got great ratings because of the media campaign they ran ... but don't blame Brad ... he didn't create it.
    Viewers, at least the casual viewers, I would think didn't so much want a fairytale ending, as they expected an ending in keeping with the format of the show over all the previous 10 seasons, which this horrible 11th edition of the show definitely did not provide.

I distinctly remember poor, blameless, innocent Brad giving interviews which were clearly deceptive to the casual viewer. Hell, even to a non-casual viewer he sounded positively happy with the show and the outcome hinting at a happy ending every time he opened his big mouth. It's hard to believe that Fleiss was standing behind righteous Brad feeding him every word every time he yapped like a fishwife with his buddies on those morning radio talk shows or spoke to some other media outlet.

I'm sure it would be convenient to shift the blame for this shameful little spectacle of a season from Brad's decidedly ungentlemanly shoulders onto the shoulders of the viewing audience, who are wholly entitled to their expectations from a silly reality show with a set format. Unfortunately for Brad, however, not everything can be blamed on editing and on the evil, evil marketing tactics of Fleiss and ABC. Some blame must go and definitely does go to saintly Brad, whether he likes it or not.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I would think didn't so much want a fairytale ending, as they expected an ending in keeping with the format of the show over all the previous 10 seasons,
    So if he had handed Deanna the rose, that would have made it okay???

I distinctly remember poor, blameless, innocent Brad giving interviews which were clearly deceptive to the casual viewer.
    Sure they were... how can you sell a product if you tell customers it tastes like medicine?

I'm sure it would be convenient to shift the blame for this shameful little spectacle of a season from Brad's decidedly ungentlemanly shoulders onto the shoulders of the viewing audience,
    I guess whether it was shameful or not is one of those perception things and I don't think anyone is blaming the audience for what happened. Someone blamed Brad for the ABC promotion, over which he had no control. What he said on interviews - Yes. ABC promo - no.

I liked the way the show went. I don't feel sorry for any of the participants - none. The only deception going on was self-deception. I was glad to not have a ring on a string, a one-way-ticket, or the greatest-love-story-ever-written. They all took their chances - ALL - and suffered the consequences or reaped the benefits
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Why are we still talking about this? As much as I disliked the way Brad's season ended, he did what he thought was best for him, Jenni, I hear, is happy and engaged now, and DeAnna is going to be the new Bachelorette...It's basically a happy ending for all three. Hopefully Matt Grant won't turn out to be a schmuck and he and his chosen one will be happy together forever (darn the hopeless romantic in me!). I know that I'd love to see a Bachelor wedding!!!
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2812800;
    Why are we still talking about this? As much as I disliked the way Brad's season ended, he did what he thought was best for him, Jenni, I hear, is happy and engaged now, and DeAnna is going to be the new Bachelorette...It's basically a happy ending for all three. Hopefully Matt Grant won't turn out to be a schmuck and he and his chosen one will be happy together forever (darn the hopeless romantic in me!). I know that I'd love to see a Bachelor wedding!!!
    It will lessen after the 17th when we have a new season to disect. How easily we forget when we have a new one to focus on granted I'm not so sure about this one.

It is part of the show every season that cast, crew, producers are encouraging the girls to open up their hearts, probably feeding them lies, when they know darn well the guy/girl is not fully into any of them. They do that with all the girls. It is part of the show, part of the game. Deanna will do it also - it is part of the job of the star. It is also the premise of the show.

Your are so right with this statement. Let us see what is thought when the next Bachleor, Matthew and the next Bachette Deanna must treat their potential mates the same way, leading the people on at the expense of the producers. Will be interesting to read the comments during the two shows. You are so correct, it is the premise of the show since day one!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2812742;
    Viewers, at least the casual viewers, I would think didn't so much want a fairytale ending, as they expected an ending in keeping with the format of the show over all the previous 10 seasons, which this horrible 11th edition of the show definitely did not provide.

I distinctly remember poor, blameless, innocent Brad giving interviews which were clearly deceptive to the casual viewer. Hell, even to a non-casual viewer he sounded positively happy with the show and the outcome hinting at a happy ending every time he opened his big mouth. It's hard to believe that Fleiss was standing behind righteous Brad feeding him every word every time he yapped like a fishwife with his buddies on those morning radio talk shows or spoke to some other media outlet.

I'm sure it would be convenient to shift the blame for this shameful little spectacle of a season from Brad's decidedly ungentlemanly shoulders onto the shoulders of the viewing audience, who are wholly entitled to their expectations from a silly reality show with a set format. Unfortunately for Brad, however, not everything can be blamed on editing and on the evil, evil marketing tactics of Fleiss and ABC. Some blame must go and definitely does go to saintly Brad, whether he likes it or not.

Great post Ms. Froggy! To add to that, yes, I believe that Brad is to blame. Fleiss didn't make him go on The Ellen Show and lie about his dating status....

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2812800;
    LOL!!! We are still talking about this because we are twiddling our fingers waiting for the new season to begin! Once Season 12 starts and becomes front and center, season 11 will slowly start to fade into the background.

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2812912;
    Great post Ms. Froggy! To add to that, yes, I believe that Brad is to blame. Fleiss didn't make him go on The Ellen Show and lie about his dating status....
    To add to that FLeiss didn't make him do the bachelor. Brad knew the premise of this show and once again WHY DID HE DO IT. I seriously doubt that he was looking for a future wife.

I have said along that Brad is not the most intelligent of men. He may have posessed a certain southern charm, but he was not an articulate man. It was easy in the beginning to let the women go, and he did it rather kindly, but there did come a point when even he couldn't play out his own game of charades. I will never believe that he was 100% honest in his intentions for doing the show. And I think that what has transpired in the aftermath, and his blatant lies proves this to be true...again MO

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;2813190;
    I have said along that Brad is not the most intelligent of men. He may have posessed a certain southern charm, but he was not an articulate man. It was easy in the beginning to let the women go, and he did it rather kindly, but there did come a point when even he couldn't play out his own game of charades. I will never believe that he was 100% honest in his intentions for doing the show. And I think that what has transpired in the aftermath, and his blatant lies proves this to be true...again MO
    No he wasn't very articulate.I never thought him to be all that they hyped him up to be. To me he was just an everyday ordinary joe nothing special or outstanding about him. ABC's idea of the sexiest bachelor needs to be worked on a little bit. Must be a man doing the picking.

Closed Thread