Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

There were rumors of Jen dating a teacher, and Lorenzo schmoozing socialites at benefits after the show aired. I always thought that it was Jen who called it quits and just went back to her "old" real life. Lorenzo did the same. He gave a wonderful talk about his experience at Rollins, and that was about the end.

His family played the show for all they could get in advertising Good for them - everyone should get some benefit from doing this show, and that is one thing that the producers use to draw in the "stars." Who knows if he had any other motivations other than publicity and attention.

I liked Lorenzo, but he wasn't a very charismatic bachelor and wasn't particularly "smooth" with women. He certainly had some interesting cast members on the show however. I would like to know what many of them are doing now.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I agree with he had an interesting group of cast members. There seemed to be so many varying personalities & a lot of fun girls. That is what made his show!!!

I still chuckle at the princess & wanting a maid!!! lol The look on Chris's face was priceless. Chris had no idea what to say!!!
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2808732;
    There were rumors of Jen dating a teacher, and Lorenzo schmoozing socialites at benefits after the show aired. I always thought that it was Jen who called it quits and just went back to her "old" real life. Lorenzo did the same. He gave a wonderful talk about his experience at Rollins, and that was about the end.

His family played the show for all they could get in advertising Good for them - everyone should get some benefit from doing this show, and that is one thing that the producers use to draw in the "stars." Who knows if he had any other motivations other than publicity and attention.

I liked Lorenzo, but he wasn't a very charismatic bachelor and wasn't particularly "smooth" with women. He certainly had some interesting cast members on the show however. I would like to know what many of them are doing now.

What you stated that I bolded....certainly worked for Brad...for his wrong intentions!!!!
    Karey

Never said this during his season (didn't want to taint him) but one of my (alumni) sorority sisters went to university with P-Lo at Rollins College. Said he was a "Pahlaayah", but used the shy & hard-to-get-routine. She was too smart (she really is and own her own successful business) and he wasn't even worth wasting time in college.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2811013;
    Never said this during his season (didn't want to taint him) but one of my (alumni) sorority sisters went to university with P-Lo at Rollins College. Said he was a "Pahlaayah", but used the shy & hard-to-get-routine. She was too smart (she really is and own her own successful business) and he wasn't even worth wasting time in college.
    I remember lots of talk about Larry being in player in real life. Couldn't see it myself. How could he be a player with that horrible hair!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2811084;
    I remember lots of talk about Larry being in player in real life. Couldn't see it myself. How could he be a player with that horrible hair!
    Perhaps he was after the "pity" #&*)

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2808732;

That's right! I forgot about the rumours about Jen and the teacher. They were seen kissing on a beach soon after TFR!

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2806634;
    What is wrong with being happy and single? Seems like a good state for Brad to be in right now

Sounds like the bottom line to me I don't understand why this isn't acceptable.
    Absolutely nothing! Just don't go on national television and give interview after interview after interview telling the world that you are tired of being single. . .and want nothing more than to settle down and find a wife.

How he KNEW the show and KNEW he would find a wife. And then being led to believe by ABC that indeed a proposal and indeed marriage was in the works before the show even aired. That was BULL. :nono

But the worst delusion was the one he pulled on those girls. Just encouraging them to open up their hearts when he knew darn well he was not fully into either of them. I am remembering the "meet his parents" dates and then the fantasy dates.....UGGGHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2812531;
    Absolutely nothing! Just don't go on national television and give interview after interview after interview telling the world that you are tired of being single. . .and want nothing more than to settle down and find a wife.

How he KNEW the show and KNEW he would find a wife. And then being led to believe by ABC that indeed a proposal and indeed marriage was in the works before the show even aired. That was BULL. :nono

But the worst delusion was the one he pulled on those girls. Just encouraging them to open up their hearts when he knew darn well he was not fully into either of them. I am remembering the "meet his parents" dates and then the fantasy dates.....UGGGHHH!!!

It is not Brad's fault how ABC/Fleiss promoted the show. Just because he did not find a wife on the show does not mean he did not try his hardest. The right one for him just wasn't there. And the fact that he is single now and happy does not mean he isn't still looking for someone special. He shouldn't have to settle.

IMO Brad did not force anyone to open thier hearts to them. DeAnna said herself she is the one that brought it up. Jenni also brought it up by reading her journal to him. I believe they both said they are happy they did tell him how their feelings towards him. Also Kate, Bevin, and Tina also mentioned in their blogs how tptb pressured them into telling how they feel about the bachelor.

Everyone is going to percieve the "truth" depending upon 1) their perception of the how the show is put together, 2) their beliefs about what the show should be like, and 3) their feelings about the final outcome, and 4) probably a whole lot of other stuff. Whether the "truth" as it is percieved has anything to do with what and why things happened, we will probably never know.

Nothing in Brad's comments or actions were contrary to his saying he was tired of being single and wanted to settle down and find a wife. What he wanted and what he found were evidently two different things. He could have played the ending differently, and we would have had another Travis or Lorenzo ending.

We were led to believe by ABC that indeed a proposal and indeed marriage might be in the works before the show even aired. But that is advertising. Viewers ran with it because they wanted to believe it. It was great promotion on ABC part and they got great ratings because of the media campaign they ran ... but don't blame Brad ... he didn't create it.

It is part of the show every season that cast, crew, producers are encouraging the girls to open up their hearts, probably feeding them lies, when they know darn well the guy/girl is not fully into any of them. They do that with all the girls. It is part of the show, part of the game. Deanna will do it also - it is part of the job of the star. It is also the premise of the show.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Closed Thread