Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2722653;
    You are right ~ I do remember Tina blogging about her sneaking out from the hotel room the first night to run to her apartment to get her computer. It would have been easier for her to do than everyone else that did not live a few blocks away from the bachelorettes' hotel. I also remember her not having an internet connection. I cannot remember her writing about sneaking in a cellphone though. She talked about how all her bags were checked.
    The cell phone came from the response I was giving for another post. It was Brad that we were questioning how he had a cell phone on him when Michelle called him after her fall.

It is so adolescent as to be comical. Don't worry, Ma, I only lie when it's none of your business or the truth will cause a @ # $ % - storm.

It's what every teenager DOES, of course ( I think lying as an adolescent is an actual scientific stage of brain development, actually), BUT you don't ADMIT that!! And, most importantly, as an adult, you learn to tell the truth tactfully, compassionately, and wisely to save your own reputation, even if not because you have developed that moral compass.

FORT Fanatic

for sure, interesting developments now coming to light post-show!
    i wonder if his ex gf watched any of the episodes and was paying attention ... if they broke up a year ago or whatever it was, the 'butterflies' must not have been there! this vegas pic sure doesn't indicate any!
    and now ... do you think he will be able 'to look her in the eye' and tell her that he loves her??!!
    that girl is probably going to get burnt for a second time.

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2722680;
    I don't understand the condescension regarding being a "fan". If there were no fans, no shows would be renewed. Those that are "fans" are not strange, wierd people that stalk TV personalities. As someone who considers herself a first-time "fan" of a TV personality I'm slightly offended and confused by your seeming differentiation between being a "fan" of the characters and a "fan" of the show/sleuthing. Is one inherently better than the other?
    Hi K9MOM
    Personally I prefer the word supporter as opposed to fan, just because of these type of negative perceptions that you are responding to. But be me seen as a fan, supporter, (hopefully not stalker, as I was ?accused of being in an earlier post).....I have admiration for a woman on a TV show, that something about her touched my life in some way. Said woman being DeAnna. I am not in any kind of "loop" or anything....unless the former dune buggy riders are considered a loop. I identified with DeAnna, as did many, as did many other FORTERS, to the other women on that show, and some to the main man, and my choice, presented me with an option to "feel" empathy, or a connection with her. I am not going to explain or apologize for that.

From the moment DeAnna left my TV screen, and in every written interaction since i have seen....the class and elegance that she is exuding under fire and an extreme emotional situation, only further impresses me as someone I enjoy supporting in my life, and admire for her ability to be so brave and forthright, and classy, (as has Bettina and Jenni) under intense circumstances and scrutiny. I adore DeAnna...she has touched my heart in some way....and I am not embarrassed and will not be shamed by anyone on here in admitting that I think she is *amazing*. If given a chance to meet her for the night, I would also welcome her as a friend in my life after a few brief minutes or hours of personal interaction...but I have no intention of going anywhere for that to happen. And as much as I adore her...if I found out she chose, or any friend of mine, chose, to lie on international TV to a respected and humbled and adored TV personality...I would definitely have a chat with DeAnna, or my friend, and also rethink my admiration. But that is me, and this is all JMHO. Thanks K9Mom...ITA
    Karey

agreed Karey---she exudes class---and is nice to boot...And, if you look up fan in the dictionary--the words supporter and booster are listed..so supporter is what I think we would be called. not freakish stalkers

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2722789;
    Hi K9MOM
    Personally I prefer the word supporter as opposed to fan, just because of these type of negative perceptions that you are responding to. But be me seen as a fan, supporter, (hopefully not stalker, as I was ?accused of being in an earlier post).....I have admiration for a woman on a TV show, that something about her touched my life in some way. Said woman being DeAnna. I am not in any kind of "loop" or anything....unless the former dune buggy riders are considered a loop. I identified with DeAnna, as did many, as did many other FORTERS, to the other women on that show, and some to the main man, and my choice, presented me with an option to "feel" empathy, or a connection with her. I am not going to explain or apologize for that.

From the moment DeAnna left my TV screen, and in every written interaction since i have seen....the class and elegance that she is exuding under fire and an extreme emotional situation, only further impresses me as someone I enjoy supporting in my life, and admire for her ability to be so brave and forthright, and classy, (as has Bettina and Jenni) under intense circumstances and scrutiny. I adore DeAnna...she has touched my heart in some way....and I am not embarrassed and will not be shamed by anyone on here in admitting that I think she is *amazing*. If given a chance to meet her for the night, I would also welcome her as a friend in my life after a few brief minutes or hours of personal interaction...but I have no intention of going anywhere for that to happen. And as much as I adore her...if I found out she chose, or any friend of mine, chose, to lie on international TV to a respected and humbled and adored TV personality...I would definitely have a chat with DeAnna, or my friend, and also rethink my admiration. But that is me, and this is all JMHO. Thanks K9Mom...ITA
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2722451;
    I think the same can be said for every single season of this show. We have all had differing opinions on all of the bachelors. Sometimes those opinions are based on what is shown on the show itself (my personal favorite is "Thailand,Thailand,Thailand" by Jen Schefft) and sometimes it is based on what is shown after the show airs. Examples of that are the way that some of the Bachelors have used their high profile for famewhore success like "Travis Stork - TV Doctor /Dr.Gupta wannabe". I feel no less entitled to my opinions, which are based on what I see as reality, than anyone else. We are all entitled to form opinions of these people when they choose to put themselves on our tv screens, whether it is on The Bachelor, or on the Ellen show. The fact that we form opinions based on their choices and statements does not make those judgments "irrational".

Mr. Honesty made his bed. The fact that he has to lay in it doesnt reflect poorly on any of us.
    Thank you, pajamasam!! I love that, maybe I'll start calling him that in my posts.

I don't know about you, but the tone of the posts today make me shake my head. Am I supposed to feel bad because I am exactly who this entire site is aimed at? I'll admit freely, I'm a die hard, card carrying, cheeseball 'fan' of reality tv. Disagree with the terminolgy if you want, but if you spend significant time thinking about, talking about and discussing a show like the Bachelor, you're probably a a 'fan' too.

There are times, sure, that I've let my emotions get the better of me over the years and the many failures and outright disasters on this show, but I think dismissing other opinions as irrational is taking the easy route and isn't really confronting the opinions these posters are expressing. I'm plenty rational. I am a rather logical person and my logic tells me that someone who purports to take his personal integrity very seriously would not turn around and tell outright lies on national TV when not forced into that position. From where I'm sitting, unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. That's why I have a problem with, and why I am disappointed in Brad.

It's perfectly fine to draw lines between Brad the bachelor and Brad the guy who lives and works in Austin Texas. I won't pretend to know the real Brad, but you cannot in any way sweep everything he has done during and after the show under a "That was the TV Brad" rug, brush off your hands and absolve yourself of it all. Life doesn't work that way. The Brad that was sitting on the stage with Ellen, playing the wounded soul was not an actor playing a role. Just because he was there because of his role on a TV show does not mean he shouldn't feel some responsibility to be true to his own personal character and to be honest to someone who was going out of her way to be gracious to him.

I'm sure the people in his life are more accepting of Brad than I am. They know the whole person including his good sides far better than I do or ever will. I'm stuck with the version that I saw on my TV. I'm not faulting them for standing by him. I'd expect no less from people that have known him for many years.

This experience on the Bachelor was a blip in his life. I just hope he doesn't sweep it under that rug I mentioned above. I hope he admits, even if only to himself, that his personal integrity took a hit and that he tries his best to learn from this and make himself a better person in the future. And that he practices what it is to actually take the high road! (if you have to tell someone that's what you're doing, you're probably not doing it right..)
    Last edited by Secret; 12-15-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Secret =

EXCELLENT POST!!! I have been sitting here wondering how to put into words what I am thinking but couldn't find the right ones...then you found them for me!!

I would say the fact that we post on a site called "FANS" of Reality TV sort of puts us all into that category!!

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2722812;
    Secret =

I would say the fact that we post on a site called "FANS" of Reality TV sort of puts us all into that category!!
    True that

FORT Fan

I am just as disappointed as the next person that a "love connection" didnt happen, but it is quite possible that Brad realized he still loved his ex when he was already under contract and filming. Sure he had very strong feelings for several girls, but they may have made him realize they were not the strong feelings he had for the ex. So we didnt get a fairy tale ending. So what? Lets just hope he is happy. The girls will be fine. It was not meant to be.

And lets not crucify BabyfaceC for coming and enlightening us some. He can only say so much and did admit that he lied about Brad being single last week. I wouldnt blame him one bit if he stopped coming here. I think for awhile he rather enjoyed the community here. When people start accusing him of covering things up, that crosses the line. I think its pretty cool he gave us the story first but we have to remember we are not at liberty to tell all of the secrets of our friends and coworkers so why should we expect him to do so?

Thanks BabyFaceC for your posts. Brad indeed has a good friend in you. Please be there for him. I know the girls have good friends to help them out now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2722405;
    Well Sorry KareyR2 ... I think you are going to be disappointed Brad's obligation to furnish any information or comments is over. It ended really after the ATFR aired. He has been held fully accountable in the court of reality tv forum boards and tabloids. Every real and imaginary thing he said or did has been weighed and balanced, compared and disected.

The show is over. The fairy tale is told. The line between reality and fantasy, and truth and lies is so broad that no one will ever be able to figure out which is which - even the participants. Anyway anyone interprets it could be anywhere on the spectrum.

FORT provides a forum to say anything anyone wants about the characters. What a great service! - at least the anger and the irrationality remain here and not out stalking some poor girl or guy who was naive enough to go on reality tv. And the benefit is that it can be done totally anonymously If it floats the boat to ratchet up the anger with the now extinct possibility that DeAnna and Brad may get back together - so be it.

Brad is the target of the total anger, just as Jen was. In realitytv board life, I don't think either will ever live that down - in real life, it wont matter

This is reality tv ... why expect reality? Most of us don't know DeAnna, Jenni, Bettina, or any of the other players ... we only know what we see on a tv show ... like judging Eva Longoria by her role on Desparate Housewives And why get so personally invested in this fairy tale I don't get it. That posters are so personlly affronted by someone they saw on tv, which has no relevance in their real life, is beyond my comprehension

I think the speculation about Brad's girlfriend is mean-spirited and uncalled for, but that is just my opinion. Perhaps it is a wasy of hitting at Brad who is fair game. I also think the decision to go to Vegas was stupid, but no one asked me Perhpaps they wanted the news to be public. I wish them both the best. Perhaps things will work better for them now or perhaps they will both decide it really is not meant to be. The Bachelor has to be a life changing event for anyone who does it, hopefully good things will come out of it for all parties. All the characters have moved on... me too hopefully we will never see any of them again on tv.

I agree that Brad's obligation ended w/ATFR, I just wish he would have realized that. Intead he chose to go on Ellen, Extra, and US Magazine. Things would have been a whole lot better for him if he had chosen to just keep a low profile IMHO.

I agree that the FoRT is a great place where all opinions are welcome and treated respectfully. I find it an added bonus that DeAnna was so gracious as to create a myspace page for all of her supporters - I don't think she thinks of us as stalkers at all. I don't think any of us are angry that DeAnna has no possibility of ever reconciling w/Brad ever again. I think the majority of us are thrilled that she dodged that bullet! That is certainly the way that I feel. Thanks!

Closed Thread