Closed Thread
Page 12 of 170 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

After watching the ATFR, Ellen wanted DeAnna on the show the following Monday.She said she was shocked. That Brad is a sweet guy but he has commitment issues and told DeAnna to not give him another chance.She also thinks that DeAnna should be the next bachelorette so she gets to do the choosing.DeAnna said that she appreciates that Brad never said I love you because she would have been more upset about the rejection. She also said that she moved on with her life but is still hurting.
    Last edited by zen4; 11-27-2007 at 11:05 AM.
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by RobinYyes;2693085;
    Ok. I've really tried very hard to keep my mouth shut since the ATR show, ;because after all...its over. Hearts were broken etc. etc.; But now that I've read Kate's blog I have to, repeat HAVE to call BS on her mostly, but also her....erm sources.
    • Yes, he told Dede that he missed her very much; no he did not tell Jenni on the stage the same thing. Yes, he told Deanna that he's thought about her every single day, no he didn't say that to Jenni. I really like Jenni btw, but he didn't say the same things to her that he said to Deanna, and he made it very very clear that Deanna was the one, even though he couldn't in the end choose her either. Despite Kate's super-duper-sleuthing-mail-order-quasi-defacto-investigative-reporter kit, she wasn't there...But I was.
    • Jenni did say when pressed by Chris that she didn't feel Brad lied to her, she did say however that she lost respect for him. Deanna also said that Brad didn't lie to her, but she OBVIOUSLY felt mislead when she asked him who Saturday was supposed to be a good day for.
    • During taping of the show, Chris asked Brad when he decided not to choose anyone, and while he didn't answer that outright, he did say that (paraphrase) when picking out the ring I wasn't as excited as I should have been. He also (when asked by Chris who was he picking out a ring for) replied that 'it was always Deanna, of course'. So while Kate got it right that he talked to the producers, after that day, that is ALL she got right. The show didn't drag him kicking and screaming to pick out the ring, but it is when he started processing what HE wanted to do.
    • Kate said in her blog 'People are bashing him because he asked Deanna's father to fly in so he could ask for his daughter's hand in marriage. He NEVER ONE TIME REQUESTED FOR THE PRODUCERS TO FLY HIM IN.' Well, that folks is just downright wrong. I was sitting in the front row right behind them, and with them facing each other it was really easy to hear Brad tell Chris that he 'asked them to fly him out'. He said it in front of the whole audience and quite a few near me were ticked off about it too I might add. I'm more amazed that Kate got this sooo completely backwards, then I was when Brad said it.
    • As for what was said between Deanna and Brad during their time alone....well let me just say that if Babyface isn't quoting verbatim then I can't possibly see how Kate would have this info...Maybe her two buddies that won't be coming back to The Bachelor (prolly more due to her outting them, then any desires of their own I imagine) had glasses pressed against the greenroom door and were able to hear it all, but instead of selling the story to the National Enquirer, they in their zeal to get the truth out- spilled it all to Kate....yaaaaa right.
    • The booing. Much has been said about it, and many people have denied hearing it, but again sitting in the front row and having him walk from my left to right, in front of me, I could definately hear some booing. Two or three of them were in the row right behind me, because I turned and gave them a dirty look before turning back (and then was annoyed all over again for paying them any attenion) That must have been when the 'phantom, full row of women stood and in unison said "We love your honesty, Brad", because I never saw or heard that either.

As for her 'two crew member source brigade'......Well they must be having quite the chuckle at her expense, because they fed her garbage when it comes to tidbits, and she comes off as a bitter, whining, know-it-all, who in this particular case...knew nothing.

All that being said. For the most part (babyface and a couple others excluded) none of us know any of them, and I'm betting that Brad, Deanna and Jenni are fine with that. I wish all three of them the very best, and hope that people like Kate will stop making up lame rumors, and hurtful antidotes about them and leave them in peace to heal and live their lives.
    RobinYyes,

Robin, thank you so much for giving us your first hand information from what you heard while you were at the ATFR taping.

I was hoping to hear more from the audiance once the ATFR was aired on TV.

FORT Newbie

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

My post disappeared earlier so I am not sure I can post what Deanna said on Ellen. I'll try again. She said that even when looking back, she still had no signs and no idea of what was to come. She was glad he did not tell her "I love you" and lie to her. She thought she was getting a proposal. Her dad did also. He thought that is why he was flown out there and Deanna did not know he was there until she went back to her apartment after the FRC and her dad knocked on the door. She basically said she still has feelings for him, but is moving on. She went on the show because she was looking to "try something different". She is from a very, very small town. I tried to take notes while she was talking and this is about the gist of everything she said. She looked really cute though.
    Last edited by kimmieTN; 11-27-2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Because the word post really makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by kimmieTN;2693333;
    My post disappeared earlier so I am not sure I can post what Deanna said on Ellen. I'll try again. She said that even when looking back, she still had no signs and no idea of what was to come. She was glad he did not tell her "I love you" and lie to her. She thought she was getting a proposal. Her dad did also. He thought that is why he was flown out there and Deanna did not know he was there until she went back to her apartment after the FRC and her dad knocked on the door. She basically said she still has feelings for him, but is moving on. She went on the show because she was looking to "try something different". She is from a very, very small town. I tried to take notes while she was talking and this is about the gist of everything she said. She looked really cute though.

Great Job Kimmie,and yes DeAnna looked really adorable .
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2693320;
    After watching the ATFR, Ellen wanted DeAnna on the show the following Monday.She said she was shocked. That Brad is a sweet guy but he has commitment issues and told DeAnna to not give him another chance.She also thinks that DeAnna should be the next bachelorette so she gets to do the choosing.DeAnna said that she appreciates that Brad never said I love you because she would have been more upset about the rejection. She also said that she moved on with her life but is still hurting.
    Zen, can you tell us anymore?

FORT Newbie

Hooked-in-Texas

I posted what happened on Ellen this morning in the Final Thoughts thread. I don't know how to copy it over here or I would.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmieTN;2693333;
    She was glad he did not tell her "I love you" and lie to her.
    I am sure Estella, Jessica, Sarah and Jennifer would agree. I was shocked at the number of people that wanted Brad to go ahead and pick her - anyway.

FORT Regular

Hope I'm not repeating. Haven't been here in awhile.

What Bloomers said in former Thoughts thread is probably the closest we may come to the truth if Brad's intentions were indeed honorable. I really shy away from the idea of his involvement being totally self-serving but I 'm an idealist.

Looking back on the recaps I share with friends and relatives I made these observations. Why can't Brad meet a 'nice' lady? Does he spend all his time at work? Does he have no outside interests? Civic activies? Friends outside of his family or business? To me that speaks of a lack of well -roundedness on his part. It is a glaring indication of someone that is waiting for life to happen to them instead of going out and making it happen themselves.

Brad himself gave us some clues to his personality. In an early interview he said he had been mostly working for last 6 or 7 years. "It's almost a character flaw that I haven't broadened my horizons." I agree.

He also told Bettina on HTD that he had "worked very, very hard and that is what defines him." How about being a good person? Generous? Loyal?

Brad might also be looking for the same 'magic' that his brother found. They seem very close in a non-competitive way and maybe Brad decided recently that he wants what Chad has. That would explain his attempt at recreating the Chad-like proposal date with Sheena. It is just supposed to happen for him. We may think his idea of love is unrealistic but that is his desire.

Why he thought he would meet someone on this show is still a question. I'm not putting the women down, but Brad must be surrounded constantly with women flirting with him and throwing themselves at him IRL. He sees more of this with the bachelorettes who, due to the process, become infatuated with their core focus at an astonishing rate, plus their less than sterling behavior. This venue also does not lend itself to a man's predisposition to do the chasing. We also can't expect the man to stay immune to being swept away, much less the same producer tactics and practices (even though they might not be as tough as they are on the women).

In the end I didn't feel cheated. I respect Brad's right to make the choice he did. Actually I think the last 90 minutes of this season were the most riveting; almost a study of breakup and it's aftermath. The most realistic this show has ever been or probably ever will be.

Having said all that and, also, never say never, I think this season has cured me of any interest in this show and it has little to do with the finale. It has just gotten too damn degrading for the women involved. When women are performing like dogs begging for a rose, a metaphor for the whole premise, the misogynistic forces behind this 'entertainment' have gone too far.

Besides I don't think they can top Brad Womack as my favorite bachelor. I never heard him say journey.

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2693320;
    Thanks for giving us a sneak peak of the show! It doesn't come on here to 3:00 so I still have a long wait. Was anything else addressed about the show, like how wretched Jade was? Just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2693395;
    Thanks for giving us a sneak peak of the show! It doesn't come on here to 3:00 so I still have a long wait. Was anything else addressed about the show, like how wretched Jade was? Just kidding!
    nope - it was pretty much about how much of a jerk Brad was (per Ellen) and how DeAnna was blindsided and how is she now....Ellen told her NEVER to take Brad back b/c she deserves SO MUCH MORE!!!

She also talked about the Bachelorette and how DeAnna should be the next one - I think that is absolutley going to happen...DeAnna looked like she knew a secret during that part!

Closed Thread