Closed Thread
Page 11 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirlJude;2692909;
    I actually sat in a different area than it sounds like everyone else did - if I am reading it all correctly. I THINK everyone else was at the back wall - the audience-members whom you could SEE when they showed CH & whomever he was speaking with (CH being on the left-side of the screen).

I sat on the side-wall - near where the people stood up in front of the microphone to answer their questions. If you were there, you will know which section I am talking about. I had a fabulous view of Brad's family (whom I watched closely for all of their reactions) AND of whomever was in the "hot seat" - CH's back was more towards me - so I could not so much read HIS facial expressions. Then again, a lot of times he is deadpan!

Anyway, no I did not tell anyone I was from anywhere when I requested tickets. I also went to the WTA and sat in the exact same section I sat in for the ATF(no)R. It was GREAT because I was really close to the women in that one.

If someone did yell the thing about "we love your honesty, Brad" - that is NEWS to me. I have asked others who were there, and NO ONE heard it. So, if someone from this board heard it (and I am not doubting you, I just didn't hear it), then it must not have been very loud.

In other words, it must not have been the BIG DEAL that it seems Kate was making out of it, IMO. I mean really, anyone could have shouted ANYTHING - and what's the point? That's THEIR opinion. So what if they shouted it???

I was just more blown away that she was making statements about a show that she was NOT at, and calling it fact!

I have read her stuff in the past and have NEVER been impressed, but that's just me.

FGJ I sat in the same section that you did. I don't recall anyone standing up and yelling that, but if they were on the wall behind Chris maybe I just missed it.

In terms of the fly Deanna's dad out what we saw on tv was what I recall of the conversation. However, I do think that hearing from babyfaceC and from Kate that Brad had asked early on in the process that if he was to propose he would insist on the womens father being there played a part in Deanna's father being flown out to California. I believe that TPTB thought Brad would propose to Deanna until he went to look at the rings. Brad admitted that it was then that he got a pit in his stomach and knew that it wasn't right. So if that is the case, Brad had asked that a woman's father be flown out if there was a proposal, TPTB thought there would/could be a proposal, and they flew Deanna's father out. Can't Kate, babyfaceC and Brad all be right in this situation?

Like it or not, Kate did participate in the show, she has given insight that some find valuable, and she has a right to post whatever she wants in her blog. Earlier on in the season she had pegged Deanna for the F1, I didn't hear a lot of people questioning her insights then. It sounds like a lot of these women do get close to the producers during their time on the show. They are the people that no matter what is going on with the Bachelor, in the house or on dates.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirlJude;2692909;
    I actually sat in a different area than it sounds like everyone else did - if I am reading it all correctly. I THINK everyone else was at the back wall - the audience-members whom you could SEE when they showed CH & whomever he was speaking with (CH being on the left-side of the screen).

I sat on the side-wall - near where the people stood up in front of the microphone to answer their questions. If you were there, you will know which section I am talking about. I had a fabulous view of Brad's family (whom I watched closely for all of their reactions) AND of whomever was in the "hot seat" - CH's back was more towards me - so I could not so much read HIS facial expressions. Then again, a lot of times he is deadpan!

Anyway, no I did not tell anyone I was from anywhere when I requested tickets. I also went to the WTA and sat in the exact same section I sat in for the ATF(no)R. It was GREAT because I was really close to the women in that one.

If someone did yell the thing about "we love your honesty, Brad" - that is NEWS to me. I have asked others who were there, and NO ONE heard it. So, if someone from this board heard it (and I am not doubting you, I just didn't hear it), then it must not have been very loud.

In other words, it must not have been the BIG DEAL that it seems Kate was making out of it, IMO. I mean really, anyone could have shouted ANYTHING - and what's the point? That's THEIR opinion. So what if they shouted it???

I was just more blown away that she was making statements about a show that she was NOT at, and calling it fact!

I have read her stuff in the past and have NEVER been impressed, but that's just me.

I think you were in the same section as me!

I didn't hear the "WE love your honesty Brad!" comment either...

[QUOTE=FlyGirlJude;2692909;]I actually sat in a different area than it sounds like everyone else did - if I am reading it all correctly. I THINK everyone else was at the back wall - the audience-members whom you could SEE when they showed CH & whomever he was speaking with (CH being on the left-side of the screen). If someone did yell the thing about "we love your honesty, Brad" - that is NEWS to me. I have asked others who were there, and NO ONE heard it. So, if someone from this board heard it (and I am not doubting you, I just didn't hear it), then it must not have been very loud. In other words, it must not have been the BIG DEAL that it seems Kate was making out of it, IMO. I mean really, anyone could have shouted ANYTHING - and what's the point? That's THEIR opinion. So what if they shouted it???

It wasn't as big a deal as she makes it out to be but they did say it. Like I said earlier, it wasn't a row of ladies but only a couple. Now they were behind me a few rows so I don't know if they stood up or not. So much of what was in that blog is either not true or exagrated, that I'm not sure what her point was other than she still appears to be bitter about her brush with TPTB.
    Last edited by koolangel; 11-27-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;2692938;
    I think you were in the same section as me!

I didn't hear the "WE love your honesty Brad!" comment either...
    Yep...that is my section too. Since I was always chatting when the interviews weren't happening I could have easily missed something though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby;2692217;
    If you haven't read Kate's blog, you might want to. She wrote about some of the things that did occur at the ATFR that was not shown. She also mentioned that Brad and Deanna did talk in private for about ten minutes after the tapping. Who knows what was said then. Kate's blog didn't answer all of my questions, but it helped some.

Here is the link: I hope I can post this.

I'm hungry

Ok. I've really tried very hard to keep my mouth shut since the ATR show, ;because after all...its over. Hearts were broken etc. etc.; But now that I've read Kate's blog I have to, repeat HAVE to call BS on her mostly, but also her....erm sources.
    • Yes, he told Dede that he missed her very much; no he did not tell Jenni on the stage the same thing. Yes, he told Deanna that he's thought about her every single day, no he didn't say that to Jenni. I really like Jenni btw, but he didn't say the same things to her that he said to Deanna, and he made it very very clear that Deanna was the one, even though he couldn't in the end choose her either. Despite Kate's super-duper-sleuthing-mail-order-quasi-defacto-investigative-reporter kit, she wasn't there...But I was.
    • Jenni did say when pressed by Chris that she didn't feel Brad lied to her, she did say however that she lost respect for him. Deanna also said that Brad didn't lie to her, but she OBVIOUSLY felt mislead when she asked him who Saturday was supposed to be a good day for.
    • During taping of the show, Chris asked Brad when he decided not to choose anyone, and while he didn't answer that outright, he did say that (paraphrase) when picking out the ring I wasn't as excited as I should have been. He also (when asked by Chris who was he picking out a ring for) replied that 'it was always Deanna, of course'. So while Kate got it right that he talked to the producers, after that day, that is ALL she got right. The show didn't drag him kicking and screaming to pick out the ring, but it is when he started processing what HE wanted to do.
    • Kate said in her blog 'People are bashing him because he asked Deanna's father to fly in so he could ask for his daughter's hand in marriage. He NEVER ONE TIME REQUESTED FOR THE PRODUCERS TO FLY HIM IN.' Well, that folks is just downright wrong. I was sitting in the front row right behind them, and with them facing each other it was really easy to hear Brad tell Chris that he 'asked them to fly him out'. He said it in front of the whole audience and quite a few near me were ticked off about it too I might add. I'm more amazed that Kate got this sooo completely backwards, then I was when Brad said it.
    • As for what was said between Deanna and Brad during their time alone....well let me just say that if Babyface isn't quoting verbatim then I can't possibly see how Kate would have this info...Maybe her two buddies that won't be coming back to The Bachelor (prolly more due to her outting them, then any desires of their own I imagine) had glasses pressed against the greenroom door and were able to hear it all, but instead of selling the story to the National Enquirer, they in their zeal to get the truth out- spilled it all to Kate....yaaaaa right.
    • The booing. Much has been said about it, and many people have denied hearing it, but again sitting in the front row and having him walk from my left to right, in front of me, I could definately hear some booing. Two or three of them were in the row right behind me, because I turned and gave them a dirty look before turning back (and then was annoyed all over again for paying them any attenion) That must have been when the 'phantom, full row of women stood and in unison said "We love your honesty, Brad", because I never saw or heard that either.

As for her 'two crew member source brigade'......Well they must be having quite the chuckle at her expense, because they fed her garbage when it comes to tidbits, and she comes off as a bitter, whining, know-it-all, who in this particular case...knew nothing.

All that being said. For the most part (babyface and a couple others excluded) none of us know any of them, and I'm betting that Brad, Deanna and Jenni are fine with that. I wish all three of them the very best, and hope that people like Kate will stop making up lame rumors, and hurtful antidotes about them and leave them in peace to heal and live their lives.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for your own personal input!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinYyes;2693085;
    Ok. I've really tried very hard to keep my mouth shut since the ATR show, ;because after all...its over. Hearts were broken etc. etc.; But now that I've read Kate's blog I have to, repeat HAVE to call BS on her mostly, but also her....erm sources.
    • Yes, he told Dede that he missed her very much; no he did not tell Jenni on the stage the same thing. Yes, he told Deanna that he's thought about her every single day, no he didn't say that to Jenni. I really like Jenni btw, but he didn't say the same things to her that he said to Deanna, and he made it very very clear that Deanna was the one, even though he couldn't in the end choose her either. Despite Kate's super-duper-sleuthing-mail-order-quasi-defacto-investigative-reporter kit, she wasn't there...But I was.
    • Jenni did say when pressed by Chris that she didn't feel Brad lied to her, she did say however that she lost respect for him. Deanna also said that Brad didn't lie to her, but she OBVIOUSLY felt mislead when she asked him who Saturday was supposed to be a good day for.
    • During taping of the show, Chris asked Brad when he decided not to choose anyone, and while he didn't answer that outright, he did say that (paraphrase) when picking out the ring I wasn't as excited as I should have been. He also (when asked by Chris who was he picking out a ring for) replied that 'it was always Deanna, of course'. So while Kate got it right that he talked to the producers, after that day, that is ALL she got right. The show didn't drag him kicking and screaming to pick out the ring, but it is when he started processing what HE wanted to do.
    • Kate said in her blog 'People are bashing him because he asked Deanna's father to fly in so he could ask for his daughter's hand in marriage. He NEVER ONE TIME REQUESTED FOR THE PRODUCERS TO FLY HIM IN.' Well, that folks is just downright wrong. I was sitting in the front row right behind them, and with them facing each other it was really easy to hear Brad tell Chris that he 'asked them to fly him out'. He said it in front of the whole audience and quite a few near me were ticked off about it too I might add. I'm more amazed that Kate got this sooo completely backwards, then I was when Brad said it.
    • As for what was said between Deanna and Brad during their time alone....well let me just say that if Babyface isn't quoting verbatim then I can't possibly see how Kate would have this info...Maybe her two buddies that won't be coming back to The Bachelor (prolly more due to her outting them, then any desires of their own I imagine) had glasses pressed against the greenroom door and were able to hear it all, but instead of selling the story to the National Enquirer, they in their zeal to get the truth out- spilled it all to Kate....yaaaaa right.
    • The booing. Much has been said about it, and many people have denied hearing it, but again sitting in the front row and having him walk from my left to right, in front of me, I could definately hear some booing. Two or three of them were in the row right behind me, because I turned and gave them a dirty look before turning back (and then was annoyed all over again for paying them any attenion) That must have been when the 'phantom, full row of women stood and in unison said "We love your honesty, Brad", because I never saw or heard that either.

As for her 'two crew member source brigade'......Well they must be having quite the chuckle at her expense, because they fed her garbage when it comes to tidbits, and she comes off as a bitter, whining, know-it-all, who in this particular case...knew nothing.

All that being said. For the most part (babyface and a couple others excluded) none of us know any of them, and I'm betting that Brad, Deanna and Jenni are fine with that. I wish all three of them the very best, and hope that people like Kate will stop making up lame rumors, and hurtful antidotes about them and leave them in peace to heal and live their lives.
    Thank you so much for sharing this w/us! I truly appeciate it!

FORT Newbie

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Long time lurker and first time poster. We get Ellen at eight a.m. She just called Brad a jerk and said he has some kind of issues, possibly committment issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmieTN;2693289;

Long time lurker and first time poster. We get Ellen at eight a.m. She just called Brad a jerk and said he has some kind of issues, possibly committment issues.
    kimmieTN, Welcome to FORT.

Was it Ellen or DeAnna that called Brad a jerk?

She just called Brad a jerk and said he has some kind of issues, possibly committment issues.

FORT Newbie

It was Ellen, when she first sits down. Deanna has not come out yet. I'm guessing she will probably be last. I have to take my kids to school at the same time that Deanna will probably come out, but I will pause it and watch it as soon as I get back and let you know what Deanna has to say. Ellen did say she asked for Deanna to be on so she could get some answers, so maybe she will get some!!

Closed Thread