Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2721114;
    i know, his monotonous drivel is worse than watching paint dry, cant he come up with something a bit more clever? I guess not as the In Touch piece shows him saying 'Amazing' and how many times did he say that on the Bachelor, 5 billion?

About as many times as WOW!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2721120;
    no question about that! Those Drab-isms are classic in their dullness and repetition, what a fun guy
    But ill bet he can hold a great converstation with an oil pipe

FORT Having a Blast! TooAnalytical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2721120;
    What about "Here we go" or "Ouch"

Quote Originally Posted by TooAnalytical;2721183;
    What about "Here we go" or "Ouch"
    what about "I" and "Eye" ?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by www;2720766;
    can someone point me to the posts by talldede regarding the food critic?
    Hi www,

I believe that article was removed from the web a few days after it was written. The food critic, Rob Balon (I believe) has a daughter that is very close to Laurel, Brad's ex and now current girlfriend. He stated that Brad had texted Laurel during the taping of the Bachelor and also that Brad sent her roses hoping to reconcile after he returned to Austin.

IMO, Brad knew there was no love connection sometime during taping and either during taping and or after, he wanted to reconnect with Laurel. Fine, I wish him happiness.

But, I disagree strenuously with how he has handled himself at the ATFR and in post show interviews, read lying to Ellen......

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2720255;
    It appears that I am in the minority because my initial and continued thought is that I am happy for Brad that he realized who in his life makes him happy. He gave the show a honest shot, opened his heart to the process, but as we know the process is fatally flawed. Through this process he rediscovered a person that was in his life before, and they were able to reconnect after the show was finished airing. Everything happens for a reason and for everyone involved. It is up to each person involved in this show whether to learn from it so as to move on, or not.

Adding my voice to the minority then.

If Brad going on TB to find love made him realize that he still loved his ex-girlfriend, then love was found.

Love isn't a convenient feeling and this just proves it. We cannot make love happen when we want and with whom we want. We can only be open to the possiblity and after all, isn't that what the show (and life) is about? It isn't a guarentee to find love, but being open to the possibility.

And not too sound too mommy-ish, but I really don't think it is fair to throw comments about Brad's girlfriend - i.e. ta-tas, pregnancy, etc. She is an innocent in all this and I doubt that she signed up for any of this.

*waving at babyfaceC. Hello Darlin' and terrific to see you still on here. Big "mwahs" to you and yours. I just LOVE your puppy picture*

Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday Season!
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=aanjheni;2721320;]Adding my voice to the minority then.

If Brad going on TB to find love made him realize that he still loved his ex-girlfriend, then love was found.

Love isn't a convenient feeling and this just proves it. We cannot make love happen when we want and with whom we want. QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity....at what point did the purpose of The Bachelor become for its contestants to re-find love and re-connect with their exes?

This is not directed specifically at you, but since you are about the 4th person who seems to think that everything that happened, including all the lies, is justified because Brad is back with his ex, and to a lesser extent because Jenni is back with her ex, I thought I would ask that question.

Perhaps Brad should have stayed at home and called his ex in the same manner that everyone else does when he or she is interested in a reconciliation. Perhaps someone else who was not still in love with his ex should have been the Bachelor.

I certainly am not a Scrooge about Brad's happiness in reuniting with his ex, but that is not the purpose of the Bachelor.

Somehow this show has got to get back on track.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2721320;
    Adding my voice to the minority then.

Love isn't a convenient feeling and this just proves it. We cannot make love happen when we want and with whom we want. We can only be open to the possiblity and after all, isn't that what the show (and life) is about? It isn't a guarentee to find love, but being open to the possibility.

And not too sound too mommy-ish, but I really don't think it is fair to throw comments about Brad's girlfriend - i.e. ta-tas, pregnancy, etc. She is an innocent in all this and I doubt that she signed up for any of this.

*waving at babyfaceC. Hello Darlin' and terrific to see you still on here. Big "mwahs" to you and yours. I just LOVE your puppy picture*

Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday Season!

I completely agree! Well said.

I know we are in the minority on this one, but that's ok. There's always a minority on any issue.
    In the end we're all friends here at the FoRT, right?

Happy Holidays everyone!

I guess I am confused as to why those in the minority do not mind that he lied...he built up your trust and then betrayed it

he was so insulted the Ellen called him a jerk - and then flat out lied to her on his show...

I looked up the definition of a jerk
    : an annoyingly stupid or foolish person b: an unlikable person; especially : one who is cruel, rude, or small-minded

seems to me like Ellen was right on the money

FORT Fogey

I think the biggest problem is with Brad lying to Ellen and DeAnna. It really has nothing to do with him getting back with his ex; it's that he lied to them about it...especially DeAnna.

Closed Thread