+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 871

Thread: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

  1. #861
    FORT Fogey zen4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Here and Now
    Posts
    1,901

    Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2688828;
    I have to say that when she posted she did sound legit. I thanked her for her info.
    I did actually trust her at the time too but I told myself that it was the DeAnna fan in me wanting it to be true, LOL, who knew that it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I have to say I'm amazed by your sleuthing skills, you've been saying all along that you didn't think that there was a love connection on the show .
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

  2. #862
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2688876;
    I did actually trust her at the time too but I told myself that it was the DeAnna fan in me wanting it to be true, LOL, who knew that it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I have to say I'm amazed by your sleuthing skills, you've been saying all along that you didn't think that there was a love connection on the show .
    Thank you zen! When you have been here forever, you pick up on things, but there are always tidbits that you have to question. It seems that I am always learning each season. That never stops.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  3. #863
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

    Before I start, the name should not be taken seriously aka I hate Brad Womack!

    I watched the finale with my boyfriend (his first time watching) and he ended up getting so sucked into it that he went out of his way to watch ATFR even though he was busy and I was perfectly happy watching on my own. Watching it with him was somewhat telling though because he's a bit of a commitment-phobe and it was honestly a little bit scary because he related to Brad a lot. He said that Brad has a very idealistic view of marriage, so he can't be blamed for wanting rainbows, butterflies, etc because at that point it's just out of the question to settle for anything less. Also, watching the finale, my boyfriend really liked DeAnna until her comment about toilet seat. He said that that would have been the dealbreaker since it showed just how controlling/manipulative she is. He said that he was cool with the whole putting things where she wants, the dishes, laundry, etc because it showed that she knows what she wants. But the toilet comment was too much, apparently. He thinks that Brad realized last minute that he probably doesn't want to get tied down to someone like that because he might regret it. He also said that since Brad's parents got divorced like his did, he probably is looking for that missing piece that led his parents' marriage to fail, so he might be looking for a certain unattainable feeling to convince him that this is "the one."

    I was reading some others' opinions and I came across this, which I thought was a really interesting take on the situation:

    This is the Psychologist in me talking...

    I think the problem is that Brad found his brother the perfect wife and that romance was exactly the type Brad described wanting - instant fireworks, knowing immediately that she was the girl. I don't think Brad needed to have love that way until Chad got it that way. If Chad had been best friends with his wife and fallen in love with her over 3 years, that's who Brad would want to fall in love. We would have heard him saying "I know I can't be in love, because love isn't something that happens in 6 weeks, it takes years, you have to be good friends first."

    Brad has probably always wanted the exact same things as his brother - the same stuff, the same accomplishments, the same approval. I don't see him as the type to one-up his brother. I think the fact that they're business partners means that he wants to be like him, not better than him. Some twins are competitive, some find comfort in always maintaining symmetry.

    At 35, after Chad had been unable to find a wife him, Brad decided to go on The Bachelor and get that big romance. Now that I've seen the whole thing, I do think he was sincerely trying to find THE girl.

    Brad desperately wanted it to be Sheena because then the universe would have been balanced since Chadpicked her for him. I think that really would have made him happy and we saw him try really hard to love her, but unfortunately, Sheena's family sent him running scared. He couldn't blame Chad, because it wasn't Sheena, but her family that wasn't right. After meeting Brad's mommy, I think Brad knew that Sheena's mom would have driven his mom nuts and it was a big NO for that reason.

    Once Sheena was gone, Brad focused on the other 2 and he really tried to convince himself there were feelings and those fireworks. I think that's exactly why he repeatedly made affirmations out loud - not to string the girls along, but to convince himself! That's why up until the last minute he said the them. He was really trying up until the last minute and he said tonight that he tried but there was something missing.

    Brad didn't want to return home without a fiancee, because he's tired of not having what Chad has. However, at the last minute, he realized picking Deanna = settling for less than Chad.

    The truth is, a lot of very happy couples marry without it being an instant head over heels thing. Some of the best married couples are friends who fall in love slowly over time. That's what Deanna wanted to try. She didn't need Brad to instantly fall in love with her, she wanted to see if they could walk away from the spotlight and fall in love off camera. She was saying it's only been 6 weeks and you say you care deeply about me, why isn't it logical that we keep dating?? Unfortunately Brad is too restricted by his Chad Equality Issue to do that. Agreeing to 'wait and see if love blooms' is admitting that he'd settle for less than his brother got. No can do.

    I find it extremely illogical that Brad couldn't have a friendly dinner off camera with Deanna and not let things end badly. Why make it so they both leave feeling emotional and heartbroken (Brad's words) when there is nothing stopping them from talking until there's closure? I don't think Deanna is an unreasonable person. I think she just didn't want to be told "I care so much about you...but I never want to see you again" because it's a s***** way to treat a person who has been nothing but gracious to you. A person who opened her home and shared photos of her dead mother, not some bitch he met in a bar that never showed him kindness.

    I'm glad Brad admitted he has some issues!
    Also, during the finale, about Jenni, my boyfriend was like, "Are you kidding me?" when he heard her laugh over and over. He also said that she acted like a twelve-year-old and that that wasn't attractive. AT ALL. NOT AT ALL.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 11-23-2007 at 11:46 PM.

  4. #864
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

    Also, here's an article that says a little about Brad's playboy rep from The Hartwell Sun.

    Former HCHS student is ABC's newest "bachelor"

    By Justin Brimer
    Staff writer

    A former Hart County High School student will be on the ABC hit, "The Bachelor," this fall.

    Brad Womack, known as Brad Pickelsimer while at HCHS, attended classes as a sophomore and junior from 1989-1990. He later changed his name to his biological father's name.

    His grandfather, Dan Womack, lives in Hartwell and said Brad got involved with the show shortly after his twin brother, Chad, got married.

    "Chad asked him, 'What is wrong with you? Why can't you find a wife?'" Dan said.

    He said when the show was picking young women to be on the show, several of them mentioned dating Brad. The producers checked him out and chose him for the show.

    For those who do not know, "The Bachelor" is a popular television show that sets up successful, good-looking and eligible singles in a modern version of "The Dating Game."

    The show's goal is to find a wife for Brad. He will have 25 single women to meet and date.

    Each week Womack will reduce the ranks by eliminating contestants until two women remain.

    He can then ask the winner to marry him, or at least continue their courtship.

    Dan said his grandson does not have to marry anyone from the show, but "he said 'Granddad, I'm going into this with an open mind.'"

    He said Brad has never had a problem dating beautiful women, but the 34-year-old is thinking about settling down.

    Unlike other bachelors featured on the show, Brad is a self-made man.

    He was born in Atlanta, and now lives in Austin, Texas, where he and his brother own and manage four lucrative bars.

    He made his money by prospecting for oil in Louisiana and South Dakota.

    Brad and his brother decided to invest together and open one bar in Austin, which is a college town with a similar nightlife to Athens.

    The plan worked, and they went on to open three more bars in Austin.

    Brad visits Hartwell a few times a year, to see his father, Steve Womack, and other family members.

    Dan said although Brad is not allowed to talk to anyone from home, he threatened to quit if he could not call his grandfather.

    However, attempts to contact the show for an interview or a photograph were unsuccessful.

  5. #865
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Question for the Love/Life experts

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2688869;
    So my question is: is the above quote TRUE? If I feel desperate or clingy about a man who chose not to be with me at this time, for a reason I don't understand, are you telling me I didn't truly love him? OK then, how does a person who DID love a man feel when that man rejected her? What is the correct feeling for a rejected girl who did love her man?


    I can only speak for myself, and I can't put myself in DeAnna's place because she was on TV.

    If someone told me they did not love me and could not see themselves falling in love in the future. I would be angry for being led on and of course hurt..but these are tempory emotions and will past with time. I would never, ever, ask this person for another chance. I would be angry he wasted my time, to be honest. There is an issue of pride, or is this a word, that has gone out of style.

    I'm sure Deanne is being encouraged to move on with her life by family and friends. But, only Deanna can make that decision.

    She is young, she has choices..she can set around crying about something she has no control over or stay as busy as she can...going out with friends. Maybe she needs a change..move to a new area, meet new people. Whatever, but she does have choices.

  6. #866
    FORT Fogey longhornalum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Back in the Midwest
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Question for the Love/Life experts

    Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2688984;

    I'm sure Deanne is being encouraged to move on with her life by family and friends. But, only Deanna can make that decision.

    She is young, she has choices..she can set around crying about something she has no control over or stay as busy as she can...going out with friends. Maybe she needs a change..move to a new area, meet new people. Whatever, but she does have choices.
    Maybe she should listen to Jenni's radio interview "I'm not going to fall over, pass out, and die because some man doesn't want to be with me."

  7. #867
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Question for the Love/Life experts

    Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;2688997;
    Maybe she should listen to Jenni's radio interview "I'm not going to fall over, pass out, and die because some man doesn't want to be with me."

    You got it, glad you brought that up.

  8. #868
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Question for the Love/Life experts

    Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;2688997;
    Maybe she should listen to Jenni's radio interview "I'm not going to fall over, pass out, and die because some man doesn't want to be with me."

    Easier for her to say that when her ex picked her up at the airport straight from the FRC, and they have been together ever since.

  9. #869
    Hopeless romantic Estella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsbradwomack;2688903;
    Also, watching the finale, my boyfriend really liked DeAnna until her comment about toilet seat. He said that that would have been the dealbreaker since it showed just how controlling/manipulative she is. He said that he was cool with the whole putting things where she wants, the dishes, laundry, etc because it showed that she knows what she wants. But the toilet comment was too much, apparently. He thinks that Brad realized last minute that he probably doesn't want to get tied down to someone like that because he might regret it.
    Does it mean that I'm too naive for this world if I think that the toilet lid conversation had nothing to do with Brad's decision??? I'm surprised how many people see that as a dealbreaker Brad was the one who brought up the topic, he asked "What would happen if I left the toilet lid up?" I had the feeling that they were both joking... the "fight" about the toilet lid being up or down is kind of a joke itself imo, just like the whole "how do you get the tooth past out of the tube" thing... According to this "joke" every single man in the world leaves the toilet seat up and every single woman is mad about it. So her answer that she would just put it down the first few times and then they'd have to talk about it was just the matching answer in their playful banter... But it seems like I'm the only one here who sees it that way...
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

  10. #870
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

    WOW! I'm glad he went with his heart and I think everyone is bein way to hard on him!!! I did love DeAnna,they would of looked great together, but i hope ther all happy!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.