+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2687693;
    I'm sure she will get over the experience with Brad. I mean, come on, she had her 'heart stabbed' per her own words just a couple of days ago and now she is 'honoured' to be considered for the Bachelorette 4 or 5 days later? I thought Brad closed off emotionally, very quickly, but DeAnna seems to have processed her hurt, broken heart, 'the one person she trusted broke her heart,' very, very quickly also.
    She would jump at the chance to be the next Bachelorette. She would be in control, her comfort zone.
    After her edit, though, I fear only self-aggrandizing men would sign up, depending on how the selection process might go. At the start of Bachelorette1 CH proclaimed that men wrote in, wanting a chance to date Trista. In later interviews, several cited how they were initially approached to be on the show. Then there was SWSNBN who "helped" to select.
    ETA...Now that is one choice of a Bachelorette I'm still scratching my head over. Duh. She was F1, after all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2687803;
    First, I've always heard that they've had trouble casting another season of the Bachelorette not because of the women - its because they can't find enough guys willing to put themselves through the show and the whole circus. I find that much more believable than women being unwilling to put themselves in the role of doing the choosing. How many former bachelorettes have said publicly that they'd jump at the opportunity?

As for the potential for Deanna as a future Bachelorette, I don't think the timing would be the same as with Trista's, but I could be wrong. Now I'm curious, so let me look around online... it looks like season 1 aired starting March 2002. Trista's show started airing January 2003. I don't know when the taping occurred for both seasons, but it seems like a much shorter gap for Deanna between seasons than there was for Trista if we assume 1) the next Bachelorette would air this summer (would have to tape sometime in the spring) and 2) the next Bachelorette would be Deanna.

If the show tapes this spring, she'd have maybe six months to get distance, closure, resolution for this life experience? Regardless of the somewhat short timeframe I personally really, really hope she doesn't do that to herself. Just my personal take.

I think Deanna could do it. She seems honest and clear about what she wants in a mate. As much as I enjoyed seeing Deanna on this season, I genuinely hope she finds someone who will make her happy and love her forever, only I hope she finds it in the normal, every day, day-to-day manner, far, far away from cameras and producers. Producers who, at the end of the day, have the bottom line as their motivation, not her best interests.
    That isn't my recollection of timing, etc. The point is that she seemed to be so desperately in love a couple of days ago, heartbroken and oh so many posters called Brad a Cad, Gay, has illegitimate children, has issues, you name the mantra, yet, here she is, after that tearful Oscar winning performance on ATFR, saying she'd be honoured to be the next Bachelorette. Who was fooling whom on this show? It now comes across like it was a game for her to win and not a love match in the making, for her. Even Jenni, who *most everybody* loved after her tearful confession of love was picked up at the airport by Russell, her ex-boyfriend. So, why, on earth, is Brad thrown under the bus.

And, incidentally, if DeAnna is picked as the next Bachelorette I, um, think I'll just watch A&E instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2687997;
    That isn't my recollection of timing, etc. The point is that she seemed to be so desperately in love a couple of days ago, heartbroken and oh so many posters called Brad a Cad, Gay, has illegitimate children, has issues, you name the mantra, yet, here she is, after that tearful Oscar winning performance on ATFR, saying she'd be honoured to be the next Bachelorette. Who was fooling whom on this show? It now comes across like it was a game for her to win and not a love match in the making, for her. Even Jenni, who *most everybody* loved after her tearful confession of love was picked up at the airport by Russell, her ex-boyfriend. So, why, on earth, is Brad thrown under the bus.

And, incidentally, if DeAnna is picked as the next Bachelorette I, um, think I'll just watch A&E instead.

Exactly Lynn, I agree. I didn't really buy the act. I thought it was a game to her. She may had feeling for him but I don't think it was love. Not true love anyway. I for one do not want to see DeAnna as the next bachelorette.

I'm still voting for Hillary as the next Bachelorette. I think she's pretty, funny and available. I know, they'd have to edit out all the X-rated stuff but she would be fun and entertaining.

Maybe they could bring back the web-toed girl and have ducks instead of dudes ... or the twister sister and only use guys who work in pretzel factories ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2687692;
    I truly believe that DeAnna fell deeply in love with him,otherwise why would a strong, independent and proud woman like her take the risk for a second rejection on national TV. Even in the mentioned article, she is still somehow leaving the door open for some kind of reconciliation. She strikes me as someone who doesn't fall in love easily and when she does she is in it 100%. I really hope that she is considered for the role of bachelorette and hopefully by then (summer) she would have moved on and is open to a new love in her life. As per Brad's own words,DeAnna deserves someone who will give it his all for her and look her in the eye and say I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you .
    Right. And the twist at the Deanna FRC is that Brad will show up with her father and propose while the F2 guys are shown sitting with remotes,. watching the game and eating Subway sandwiches. An ending Fleiss would love ... and that we wouldn't see coming.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

That isn't my recollection of timing, etc. The point is that she seemed to be so desperately in love a couple of days ago, heartbroken and oh so many posters called Brad a Cad, Gay, has illegitimate children, has issues, you name the mantra, yet, here she is, after that tearful Oscar winning performance on ATFR, saying she'd be honoured to be the next Bachelorette. Who was fooling whom on this show? It now comes across like it was a game for her to win and not a love match in the making, for her...
    In counterpoint to that characterization of Deanna: I believe her heart IS still breaking/broken (and I don't think she was acting on the ATFR, personally), but I think like most of us would hopefully begin to heal, her brain is telling her, "That's it. It's over. I have to move on," even if her heart is still tugging toward Brad. Deanna's a smart woman. She knows in this case her head has to lead. Hopefully her heart will follow, because apparently there is no other choice. And knowing she has to "get over" whatshisface, why shouldn't she consider being the Bachelorette? Would those who like to bash her prefer that she still be pining after Brad six months from now?

She's had two and a half months to contemplate life without Brad, even if this wasn't what she preferred. Maybe in her many conversations with the producers while the show was airing, they even brought it up to her. Who knows? ???
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

I originally posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd post it here, too, since the topic has been addressed in here...

I have to agree that it surpised me a little that she seemed so willing to do the Bachelorette. But I do not doubt for a minute that she was (and is) deeply in love with Brad and was heart-broken!!! I've never seen a girl at the ATFR that seemed so devastated...
    Now, what I'm thinking is, she would probably not start taping the Bachelorette next week, but she said that she does believe in the process. The interviewer asked her if she would like to be the Bachelorette, so if she can possibly imagine to do it, she has to say yes!!! Imagine she said no just because she's still too hurt right now - the producers probably wouldn't ask her then. Like this, she can still turn down the offer if she doesn't think she could do it in a couple of month.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2688028;
    Exactly Lynn, I agree. I didn't really buy the act. I thought it was a game to her. She may had feeling for him but I don't think it was love. Not true love anyway. I for one do not want to see DeAnna as the next bachelorette.
    She was hurt, but it was her ego that took a beating. Listen to her post FRC statements.

For some reason, I think Hillary would make a good Bachelorette. I'd sure watch that one! Actually, Hillary was my first night pick (until Cape laid out the SCs of her departure). Umm. Reminds me of some my other famous first night choices: Angela for Aaron, Ryan for SHSNBN, Kelly Jo for Blob, Sarah Canada for Travis, and Tiffany for Andy.

Eeks! I just got my first FORT pop-up. Anyone else?

Lynn, if DeAnna is the next bacheloreette, I will be watchin A&E with you. It would be like watching a rerun of Lt. Baldwin's boot camp. Not my cup of tea.

I did not care for either Deanna or Jeannie from the beginning, not that there is anything wrong with them. They just did not have the type of personality I enjoy being around.

+ Reply to Thread