+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

This guy's a sociopath. Not in the sense that he'll be gunning down anyone but in his dealings with people. He cannot see or understand that his actions are hurting others.
    Jenni (my gal) came off with flying colors tonight. The whole season, people thought she's fluffy and ditsy just bec she's always smiling, has a high pitched laugh and voice. I've always seen her as a sweet person with a gentle soul but tonight, she showed she has strength of will and character. Oh for sure, she was hurt but she has moved on. In fact, all through their interaction tonight, she has the upper hand.
    Unfortunately, DD came off worse tonight. Bec she speaks well and is very direct, people assumed she's very confident. Turns out she's a doormat when it came to men. I do feel bad for her for what happened and hope she can move on after this. It's just terrible the cad is trying to mess with her, what with the whispered words in the final hug. She appeared to have a hard time pulling away from him.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jagamaha;2684603;
    That was a great post! Thanks so much for your insight!!
    Thanks! I could relate so much to those girls dealing with a guy with the relationship/emotional problems that Brad appears to have that I just had to throw in my 2 cents.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

This result was an indictment of the format, not the participants.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;2684598;
    Chris should load up the two gals and Blad into the limo and run over to CBS. They all need to spend some serious time in the Dr. Phil House!
    Forget the two girls...take his mother with him.

FORT Regular

I read the Fleiss article and he says about Brad: "What he did was the thing that women fear the most he became intimate and then split the next day."

Does that sound as though Fleiss is saying they had sex?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by topper18;2684419;
    DeAna put herself (and her heart) WAY OUT there this time so you really can't blame Brad for having to refuse her a second time (or merely repeat what he said at the FRC).

While I certainly empathize with DeAna, this time (on the AFTR show) her tears and heartache are the results of her own false hopes and expectations and can't be attributed to anything that Brad initiated (on the AFTR show).
    Give me a break. In 2-1/2 months this jerk couldn't think of a decent way of explaining his decisions? My 8 year-old granddaughter could have made up something better than he managed to stammer. The fact is that he played with the hearts of these women and they deserved something better than the dreck he spewed. And then to say he would miss Deanna more than she'd ever know??? Just because Deanna put her heart out there didn't mean that he had to stomp on it. What a tool.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedNDangerous;2684370;
    I actually got a little creeped out when he started to touch Jenni, the man has trouble keeping his hands off of her, but he doesn't want to date her
    I say we take up a fund and buy him an inflatable doll, she will be the perfect girlfriend for him
    Whoa!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pedslp;2684597;
    Unfortunately, one of the by-products of growing up without a consistent solid example of marriage, and possibly only a string of dysfunctional marriages (total speculation on my part re: his mother's 4 marriages) as one's example, can be that one or more of the affected children will often look to movies, tv, books, couples they know and admire (but whose relationship behind closed doors they don't see - thus, not seeing that although they appear to be the perfect couple, no couple is perfect!) as the goal for the kind of marriage they want for themselves someday. However, those marriages and relationships don't exist outside of the ideal world. What that leads to is a person looking for a love, relationship, marriage that does not and will not exist in the real world.

I think Brad falls into the category of person I just described. But, also, from watching Brad this season as well as tonight, I really do believe that he wants marriage - but he wants the marriage he has conjured up from his various idealistic sources throughout his life. He is capable of caring, I believe, and I do think he developed caring feelings for each of the women - especially Deanna - but I think that he, like a guy I dated who reminds me SO much of Brad (so much, in fact, that he and Brad could be emotional twins!) can only go so far when it comes to emotional intimacy, and then he shuts down. Yes, I think it's something he can overcome, but he has to want to - really really want to - and maybe this Bachelor experience has made him want to do whatever is necessary to overcome his demons so he can actually sustain a solid long-term relationship with a good woman. For his sake, I hope so.

I honestly think that he knew going into this adventure that he has deep relationship/intimacy problems ... but maybe he thought that he could overcome them by having a fairly tale romance, engagement, etc that could possibly come from his stint on the Bachelor. I think he went into it with good intentions, but without the tools to see it through (and he knew deep-down he didn't have the tools, but he chose to ignore it and go full-speed ahead into the show anyway - and that, I think, was selfish).

I can relate to the feelings of being confused Deanna mentioned, and how she repeated that she still couldn't make sense of it. He made little sense at the FR ceremony and again on the ATFR ... and I think it's because he really doesn't know how to express his feelings - he's probably incapable of that to some degree, based on how he seems to have such a fear of emotional intimacy. Had he been able to express himself, he still may have rejected her, but maybe he'd have been able to help her understand better where he was coming from (?).

I loved how Jenni handled her time with Brad on the AFTR show. She seems to be such a good kind solid person. Deanna will be fine ... it will be hard to get over him for a while, because, as Chris said, I don't think she is going to get the clarity she wants/needs in order to move on from him. I'm sad for her - I have been in her shoes.

Best of luck to all 3 ... I hope Brad pursues counseling, and faces & overcomes his demons and eventually finds the right woman ... and that Jenni and Deanna achieve their personal dreams, and that they find men who love them for who they are and sweep them off their feet!

The End.
    Gahh!! This post is 100% it. Where were you 3.5 years ago when I was going through this same crap?

Agh, gotta love life and the doozies it throws at you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jagamaha;2684558;
    I do hope that they are able to talk, and maybe DeAnna can get some answers that I feel that she really needs. I stinks to be just left confused and not knowing what the heck happend.

They DID get to talk, and Deanna got all the answers she's ever going to get. They werent the answers she wanted to hear, no matter how many times, how many ways she asked. She must be one of those people who, if you dont agree with them, believe they need to explain it to you some more.

Deanna failed to understand that this wasnt her show. This was the Brad Womack show, and he wasnt as bowled over by her as she obviously thought he should have been. I think I understand why McCarten was apparently the only friend Deanna had in the house. I found Deanna just as pushy and egotistical tonight as she was on the 2 on 1 date with Jade.

Surely she knows that most of what he said to her was scripted by the writers on the show. Like someone pointed out, Andy said the same things on his show. The aim of the producers is to get the girls to commit themselves, to play on their emotions, to get them to think that they are The One, that the bachelor needs to hear how they feel about him. In earlier seaons, they had more and longer interview segments with the girls that revealed what they were thinking. Wish they'd go back to that format.

When the final curtain came down on Travis' season, it was such a letdown. I know these shows arent 'real' but Travis was so obviously not interested in Sarah that it would have been better if he'd done exactly what Brad did. Ditto PLO. What a farce THAT was.

It seems that most people on this board prefer the illusion, the fake...to the real and honest outcome.
    Last edited by onewally; 11-21-2007 at 12:10 AM.

i just love how the show has to focus on its only two success stories, mary/byron and trista/ryan

i dont think there's going to be anymore

i dont know what to make of Brad, i was never really that impressed from the beginning and could not figure out what everyone's fascination with him was, saying how hot he was blah blah so i kind of get a kick out of the fact he turned out to be such a disaster and now everybody hates him

but do i blame him for picking neither person? not at all, i say kudos for not playing this stupid charade of living in disneyland for a week

however, i dont see why he couldnt have said to deanna, i cant make a commitment of marriage but why dont we date in the real world and see how this goes

personally, i think he just wasn't into either of them, and that's not a crime, the producers are the ones that make them say those scripted lines, if you want to blame someone, blame them

i never thought any of the women in this season were any good, surely they know what this show is about, did they really think they'd find true love??? if they did, they are stupid

+ Reply to Thread