+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: The Bachelor 11/20 Show Discussion - After The Final Rose **spoilers**

I too dated a guy like that and he's now under 30 counts of indictment by the federal gov't, and still claiming he was only trying to help the people he fleeced. Karma's a bitch!

Anyway, I'm done being angry with Brad. Now I just feel sorry for him. Money and self-righteousness are pretty sad life mates.
    Please slap me if you see me stupidly posting spoilers where they aren't supposed to go!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamitup;2684572;
    They can keep him in Austin...we don't do freaking nuts up here in Dallas...or do we...hummmmm
    dreamitup - there are plenty of men like Brad here in Dallas, just hang out at Uptown!

Quote Originally Posted by AubMom;2684584;
    Now we know who the "chuggin monkey" is named for.
    Omgosh you people are splitting my sides tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2684576;
    Yup.

And alternately, I was a Deanna supporter 100 percent, but tonight when I re-watched Jenni's FRC, I bawled my eyes out. I gained a ton of admiration and respect for her because of the way she conducted herself on the ATNR tonight.
    Me too, it was great to finally see unspliced conversations. And although I felt more of a connection between Brad and DeAnna, I always liked Jenni and really admired her tonight.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

He bought a ring and flew her dad out...an honest gentleman? He is a thug.

Is it just me or is it interesting that he has a business partner on here all last night and today defending him...come on Brad--have you heard the term "cowboy up"

Quote Originally Posted by mynicholle;2684588;
    dreamitup - there are plenty of men like Brad here in Dallas, just hang out at Uptown!
    Send them down to Georgetown and let Solica take care of them.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Piano-Girl;2684591;
    He bought a ring and flew her dad out...an honest gentleman? He is a thug.

Is it just me or is it interesting that he has a business partner on here all last night and today defending him...come on Brad--have you heard the term "cowboy up"
    I hope the show didn't let Brad keep the ring.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;2684577;
    And as odd as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if they contact each other again.
    I surely hope not! What are you thinking?

FORT Newbie

Unfortunately, one of the by-products of growing up without a consistent solid example of marriage, and possibly only a string of dysfunctional marriages (total speculation on my part re: his mother's 4 marriages) as one's example, can be that one or more of the affected children will often look to movies, tv, books, couples they know and admire (but whose relationship behind closed doors they don't see - thus, not seeing that although they appear to be the perfect couple, no couple is perfect!) as the goal for the kind of marriage they want for themselves someday. However, those marriages and relationships don't exist outside of the ideal world. What that leads to is a person looking for a love, relationship, marriage that does not and will not exist in the real world.

I think Brad falls into the category of person I just described. But, also, from watching Brad this season as well as tonight, I really do believe that he wants marriage - but he wants the marriage he has conjured up from his various idealistic sources throughout his life. He is capable of caring, I believe, and I do think he developed caring feelings for each of the women - especially Deanna - but I think that he, like a guy I dated who reminds me SO much of Brad (so much, in fact, that he and Brad could be emotional twins!) can only go so far when it comes to emotional intimacy, and then he shuts down. Yes, I think it's something he can overcome, but he has to want to - really really want to - and maybe this Bachelor experience has made him want to do whatever is necessary to overcome his demons so he can actually sustain a solid long-term relationship with a good woman. For his sake, I hope so.

I honestly think that he knew going into this adventure that he has deep relationship/intimacy problems ... but maybe he thought that he could overcome them by having a fairly tale romance, engagement, etc that could possibly come from his stint on the Bachelor. I think he went into it with good intentions, but without the tools to see it through (and he knew deep-down he didn't have the tools, but he chose to ignore it and go full-speed ahead into the show anyway - and that, I think, was selfish).

I can relate to the feelings of being confused Deanna mentioned, and how she repeated that she still couldn't make sense of it. He made little sense at the FR ceremony and again on the ATFR ... and I think it's because he really doesn't know how to express his feelings - he's probably incapable of that to some degree, based on how he seems to have such a fear of emotional intimacy. Had he been able to express himself, he still may have rejected her, but maybe he'd have been able to help her understand better where he was coming from (?).

I loved how Jenni handled her time with Brad on the AFTR show. She seems to be such a good kind solid person. Deanna will be fine ... it will be hard to get over him for a while, because, as Chris said, I don't think she is going to get the clarity she wants/needs in order to move on from him. I'm sad for her - I have been in her shoes.

Best of luck to all 3 ... I hope Brad pursues counseling, and faces & overcomes his demons and eventually finds the right woman ... and that Jenni and Deanna achieve their personal dreams, and that they find men who love them for who they are and sweep them off their feet!

The End.

Chris should load up the two gals and Blad into the limo and run over to CBS. They all need to spend some serious time in the Dr. Phil House!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

+ Reply to Thread