+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 209 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

FORT Fan

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2688651;
    I remember him posting about being at the malibu house and met the girls, so you are probally right..my mistake, sorry. I thought Wes, was his half-brother, but I wouldn't go to the bank with it.
    When DeAnna told Mom that she would like to have 3 kids, Mom's answered that she obviously thought that it was a good number. So she only has 3 kids : Chad, Brad and Wes.

FORT Fan

Final thoughts: Jenni was my fav. She stated in an interview that her boyfriend broke up with HER and she moved out last December. That is nearly a year ago. She went on the bachelor show thinking that he did not want to be with her anymore, and she wants more than a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship now. There is nothing immoral or wrong with that! Sounds pretty sensible to me. I think Brad really liked Jenni, but, although she fell for Brad, she obviously still had feelings for her ex and Brad may have sensed something from her. She stated that her boyfriend missed her so terribly and that they are moving forward in life together. I hope for a Jenni/Russell wedding. I am sad that DeAnna hoped for something for two and a half months, only to have her hopes dashed again. She will get over Brad and we will either see her on the bachelorette, or we will read about a lovely new relationship. (Jenni's Grandma was right; "Hit the road Jack!")

Quote Originally Posted by polar opposite;2688699;
    Final thoughts: Jenni was my fav. She stated in an interview that her boyfriend broke up with HER and she moved out last December. That is nearly a year ago. She went on the bachelor show thinking that he did not want to be with her anymore, and she wants more than a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship now. There is nothing immoral or wrong with that! Sounds pretty sensible to me. I think Brad really liked Jenni, but, although she fell for Brad, she obviously still had feelings for her ex and Brad may have sensed something from her. She stated that her boyfriend missed her so terribly and that they are moving forward in life together. I hope for a Jenni/Russell wedding. I am sad that DeAnna hoped for something for two and a half months, only to have her hopes dashed again. She will get over Brad and we will either see her on the bachelorette, or we will read about a lovely new relationship. (Jenni's Grandma was right; "Hit the road Jack!")

I really think Brad has....

My final thoughts on Bachelor 11.....

Unfortuneatley for Brad, he will go down in many people's eyes as a decietful perosn with a lack of intergrity, a committment-phobe, a "big game" talker, someone who unforgiveably lead 2 women on, and who at the end showed that he was truly only in this for himself while disregarding who he hurt at the end. His end far from justified his means.

I doubt that Brad had an epiphany of "truth" during those final days. He knew early on that he was not going to choose either women yet he still prodded, lied to, and lead these girls on to believe that they would walk away with him in the end. In my eyes, and the eyes of many, Brad will be remembered as the Bachelor that always will be, for we truly saw just why he is still single and will most likely always will be. He is in search of a "perfect" storybook movie romance, which --I'm sure many married people will agree with me on-- is not realistic. Love and marriage take work, and compromise. If you dont have a solid, committed friendship behind your marriage, you are most likely doomed for failure. For his own sake, I hope Brad can grow up and realize some of these things.

As for Jenni and Deanna, they both came across as amazing girls, and have alot to be proud of. They came to this show with an open mind, an open heart, and in the end it was not their fault that they were decieved. No one else would have believed Brad would stoop to the level he did, so how could they have thought it to happen either.

I am really looking forward to next season... I find it hard to believe that Fleiss could find a Bachelor WORSE than Brad.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by polar opposite;2688699;
    Even though Jenni was not my fav, I never thought that she was a player nor that she wasn't there for the good reason. I'm sure she had feelings for Brad but maybe she was caught up a little bit with the bachelor fantasy. When it was all over and she had been rejected maybe she realized that the feelings she had weren't as strong as she thought they were. And when she saw Russell at the airport, she probably realized that he was THE ONE for her not Brad Who???. I hope Jenni is happy cause she deserves to be. Best wishes to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;2688646;
    Hi Riley ... I know I read somewhere that Jason is Brad's brother, but had a different mother, so is either a step-brother or half-brother ... and when I read it, it made me understand that why it is referred to as a "family" business, because Jason is a partner. I thought Jason also posted IIRC that he was at the Malibu bach. pad during the family meeting the girls.

just to clarify i am a friend and business partner.. the term "brother from another mother" is whats confusing... That means close friends.. I wasn't at the malibu bachelor pad, I was in LA for the week with the family. The family left for one day to film meet the family. But I never saw Brad that week

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2688753;
    just to clarify i am a friend and business partner.. the term "brother from another mother" is whats confusing... That means close friends.. I wasn't at the malibu bachelor pad, I was in LA for the week with the family. The family left for one day to film meet the family. But I never saw Brad that week
    Thanks, babyfaceC, for continuing to come on here and give us answers and closure. I also appreciate Brad giving the audience closure. It was NOT fun, as an audience member, being strung along by Bob, Jesse, Travis, and PLo. "Are they together or are they not?" and ABC's "Let's do a big post production show of it." I was in Indy when Jesse brought Jessica for the 500. What a farce! Personally, I prefer reality to fantasy, and Brad did put something real back in reality TV. I can fault him for being inarticulate, but I do think he himself was truly pained by the process.

FORT Fan

Brad is lucky to have a friend like you. Many people go through their life without having a friend by their side during good or bad times. Someone that will accept them like they are and accept the decision they make whether they approve it or not. A friend that doesn't judge.

Brad not only has a friend like you but he also seems to have a very nice family.

Hope life treats you all well.

Thanks for clearing that up Jason. LOL, brother from another mother could mean that you and Brad have the same father, since his mom has been married 4 times, or that you were a step-brother by marriage. I can't recall where I read that, it wasn't here, and I don't think it was on a message board.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by www;2688563;
    Well, just a few other last observations on this whole thing.

1. Why did Brad go on this show? Like many commitment phobes who don't have it in them to REALLY face their relationship problems, he probaby felt the "right" woman would magically wipe out all those past behaviors. So he may have felt that he'd find it this way and live happily ever after, but the truth is, the pulling away, etc. just reared its ugly head once again because the issues don't "just go away".

2. The MORE they feel toward someone the more likely you will see this push/pull and "meannness" toward the one they love because this person "makes them" feel all this angst/panic attacks.

3. At the end when he was sitting there on the stoop teary eyed- what I saw was him thinking "yup, I did it again, sabotaged another relationship w/a wonderful woman"

Just my perspective but as someone who's experienced this first hand, his behavior shows all the signs of someone w/serious intimacy and commitment issues.

Oh one last thing - many commitment phobes are excellent friends and !

Oh! As terribly unbecoming as this description is, I think that you have probably nailed it right on the head. Here are my replies to your suggestions:

1 - I have been thinking that Brad probably worked on the commitment issue in his head before signing up for the show and felt like just maybe with 25 gorgeous, handpicked beautiful women one of them would make the "butterflies" happen enough that he could overcome his commitment issues and take a chance.
    However, the Bachelor setup isn't realistically conducisive to that kind of 100% outcome ( even in the case of Andy Baldwin who broke down and told the F2 he loved her too).

2 - Brad, complete in his "black and white" mindset with the idea that one woman and one woman only would sweep him off his feet sufficiently and to the point that he could propose, found that didn't happen. Because the affection that he did find with DeAnna was not enough to accomplish his purpose, he panicked and decided to forget the whole thing. Thus, he told DeAnna he didn't love her, and in essence he told her he never would love her regardless of everything he had said and done right up to the last few hours. And further, he couldn't even imagine giving her a chance because she wasn't able to sweep him off his feet enough to overcome his issues.

3 - We see him sitting there looking on the pedestal, and yes I now do think that he was sincere when he said maybe no one was more disappointed than he was. Afterall, he had it in the palm of his hand and pushed it away - and I am not even talking about a proposal. I am talking about another chance at a good relationship and love.
    (The sad thing to me is that Brad goes back to the bar with the same setup, but now in addition with his fame he also has a bunch of gold diggers after him. That ought to really help him with his issues. )

I believe that something similar probably happened in his other long term relationships. When push came to shove, he most likely panicked and told them he couldn't marry them either, so he would have to cut out.

I wholeheartedly concur with you. I imagine Brad is a great person and a wonderful friend - but I wouldn't want him anywhere near me as a possible boyfriend if I were in his sphere.
    I am the mom of a daughter in her 20s, and I would say to her about guys like him:

"Guard your heart."

+ Reply to Thread