+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

FORT Fan

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

I haven't been on here for a long time and just logged in to say I read something on line today about the unreality of reality shows. The contestants are told that once the papers are signed they are owned by the shows and must follow what theya re told to do and say and they also have no say in how things are aired. Moans and groans from a make-out session can actually be a scene of the couple kissing with the sounds from other things.

Brad HAD to do as he was told, what to do, what to say, probably where to put his hands for God's sake. This was the first and definitely alst time I will ever watch a reality show. I only did it for Becca and I can say it will never be done again. I'll stick with my own reality because there I can do what I want.

I hope Brad and Jason are doing well and to be honest I hope Chad grows up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor;2769514;
    I haven't been on here for a long time and just logged in to say I read something on line today about the unreality of reality shows. The contestants are told that once the papers are signed they are owned by the shows and must follow what theya re told to do and say and they also have no say in how things are aired. Moans and groans from a make-out session can actually be a scene of the couple kissing with the sounds from other things.

Brad HAD to do as he was told, what to do, what to say, probably where to put his hands for God's sake. This was the first and definitely alst time I will ever watch a reality show. I only did it for Becca and I can say it will never be done again. I'll stick with my own reality because there I can do what I want.

I hope Brad and Jason are doing well and to be honest I hope Chad grows up a little.
    I read that article also, it was basically what we have been told by the few contestents that have spoken about the show. Tina, Kate, Bevin and BFC have said the same thing. It also said they preferred actors or people that were interested in acting or modeling as well as people that would create drama or discord. They really don't care if they get a love story or not..as long as the drama is there. I think Chris made a similiar statment about Fleiss and the producers. Guess they didn't follow the tried and true when they choose Brad and it didn't work. He definately was not an actor.

It's also interesting what you said about Chad, I felt the same way about him.

I more or less feel the same as you do about watching but the one thing that will most likely bring me back is the interaction with the people on the fort. I remember your and Beckie's post very well and will miss them if that is your choice. I imagine many of us will be watching the reality shows differently this season.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 01-25-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo2;2763508;
    Under what name did Mr. Bell post? I would like to read his comments. Thanks.
    If you are referring to the statement I made with reference to Mr. Bell..Me3 told the people on the yacht that the family was all together over the holidays and looking at Bettina's Myspace fan site and were reading some of the post about her. It sounded as though this was the first time Mr. Bell had visited the fort and he was only reading what was on Bettina's thread, if I understood correctly. To my knowledge he has never posted here.

I haven't posted in a very long time. I didn't have much interest in the last season, so I haven't really followed the post show news.
    I was wondering.....so many people who were sure they knew about shadows, sun, lighting, etc, were very sure Deanna arrived first for the frc. Has anyone ever figured out why the shadow sleuthing never worked out?
    Just a random thought before my first cup of coffee this morning!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2770417;
    I haven't posted in a very long time. I didn't have much interest in the last season, so I haven't really followed the post show news.
    I was wondering.....so many people who were sure they knew about shadows, sun, lighting, etc, were very sure Deanna arrived first for the frc. Has anyone ever figured out why the shadow sleuthing never worked out?
    There were a few of us (but the minority) that said the whole time before the FRC that DeAnna was definitely second because of the shadows... but discussing shadows for two weeks can be really tiresome... it's not that the shadow sleuthing doesn't work, it's just that the majority was wrong
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

I think that some of the experts were deceived by the artificial lighting. It was the shadows from the trees/plants that further convinced me DeAnna was the second one there ~ it went every which way, not one solid direction.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2770417;
    Zinnia's theory regarding the sun/shadows was spot on. She always said that Dede arrived last and never waivered on that. So some did get it right. I think it was the artificial light that threw some off.

Thanks for your answers. I look forward to another season of seeing what the sleuthers come up with! That is the main reason I watch the show anymore!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2770484;
    Thanks for your answers. I look forward to another season of seeing what the sleuthers come up with! That is the main reason I watch the show anymore!
    As a relatively non-science oriented individual, I frankly never understood all of the analysis of the shadows; however, I recognized and noted that Zinnia lived in the area. She was adamant about what she knew and understood from what she had experienced in her day-to -day living. I gave Zinnia credit for that and added it to my belief that somehow despite the experts' misguided beliefs that the shadows indicated Jenny's first visit and consequent F1 ending, DeAnna nevertheless would ultimately arrive first and be the F1.

Also, although ( some of) the usual editing pattern clues were screwed up this time because of the stunt that Brad pulled at the end, 2 things remained true:

(1) Although DeAnna was edited harshly and unfavorably very similar to F2s even to the point that they ( aided even by Chris Harrison) were still criticizing her at the WTA, there is absolutely no denying that hers ( of the 3) was the rising storyline that began from the first night with both the emotional and the physical connection and whose storyline continued rising in each episode in some manner.

This may be a "reality" show with little or no reality, but there are writers involved; common sense would dictate that the writers hired and involved in the show would have some kind of background training in writing principles, and that they would employ the principles in which they are trained.

*Notice that there is no debate here as to the reality with which the writers are necessarily concerned.

(2) DeAnna visited Brad's family first. That held true with the F1 in the history of The Bachelor ( not the Bachelorette).

Nutty

I posted a chart with where the sun should be shining at every point in the day - and had Jenni pegged for around 4:00 and DeAnna arriving after...there were very few who agreed with me but here are the pictures that show - the other thing that played a factor is that we thought the FRC was on Friday but it was on Saturday - many based their analysis on what they thought the cloud cover should be based on the day...I based mine solely on what the shadow should have been at that time of day...this picture shows how Jenni's shadow matched exactly as it should have at 4:00 that day...I attributed the oddity of DeAnna's shadows to artificial lighting...

+ Reply to Thread