+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 209 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2689574;
    Someone earlier wrote a post regarding Brad's use of of the phrase "taking the high road." The poster description of the meaning of the phrase...I know something negative but I will not go into it, instead I'll only say positive things.

I felt the phrase could have different meanings and posted such and that it did not have that meaning for the proposal. (Unable to find post.)

I visited another board and read a post along the same lines that caught my attention...

The poster said, you are right, it is something else not someone else.
    We, in Austin know the story and he did, in fact, take the high road. Not a bad guy - not a perfect guy - but every bit as cool as you believed him to be, prior to not getting the ending for which you hoped.

I only quoted a small portion of the post. It's like any other post..I can't say if it is true or not..but, it certainly caught my attention.
    To most people, it means doing it the nice or PC way, but can also mean doing things the right way even if it is more difficult.

He could have said Bettina's family were rude and obnoxious, but he said they were "incredible people" but it was really all about her ( not them ) That was to him the "high road" and the nice way.

With regard to the F2, he could have said and done a lot of things, but he felt he took the "high road" and did the harder/right thing even though it wasn't the easiest thing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

If it comes out that Drab went on the show with a girlfriend it will explain so many things. Editing can only explain so much. I mean we all saw how it eneded, edited or not it left DD crushed and humiliated and wanting for SOME sort of explanation, she got none. 2 1/2 months later she was still searching and hoping for an answer, even hoping he would change his mind, thats what we saw and editing had nothing to do with that. Team Womack can try and spin this any way they want be we all saw how he acted and treated them. It just defies all logic that after all he said to DD in particular he couldnt even have dinner with her outside the show. He say a billion times he came there to find a wife, well it seems to me he didnt try very hard or even give any girl a chance.
    Random thoughts:
    1. Drab (a self professed fan of the show) went on the show knowing his bars, and coincidently new hotel opening soon, only for the publicity, and may or may not have a girlfriend/girlfriends/booty call female friends and never intended to give up his 'college' (something he never got to taste when he was at that age) bar lifestyle.
    2. Some people have made some valid points he may be gay.
    3. He is a true Jekyll and Hyde...public persona is all smiles and graciousness and everyone loves Drab, but on the inside he has some deep rooted serious problems that need serious attention that no one sees, not even him maybe.

My best friend once dated a girl who's son had Aspergers Syndrome. When Brad's mom mentioned him seeing only 'black and white' reminded me of that. My friends girlfriends son (Adam) only saw things in black and white and there was no in between, at all. He had no feelings for anything or anyone and could not feel love, everything was an object to him and was also prone to fits of anger at times whenever he was questioned. Brings a lot of memories back of Adam and reminds me in many ways of Brad and just thought id put it out there as i hadnt heard anyone mention it. Aspergers is a tricky thing (took her many many years to get Adam properly diagnosed) and no two cases are alike of course but all have some of the same symptoms, but the similarities between Adam and Brad are striking. Adam can funtion fine, is highly intelligent and its not obvious anything is wrong with him, until you see him in the way he treats people and the things he does. Seeing Brad behave on ATFR reminded me so much of Adam and how he behaves around people as social awkwardness is a key sypmtom.

Here is some brief info on Aspergers and i see a lot of Brad in here:
    What distinguishes Asperger's Disorder from autism is the severity of the symptoms and the absence of language delays. Children with Asperger's Disorder may be only mildly affected and frequently have good language and cognitive skills. To the untrained observer, a child with Asperger's Disorder may just seem like a normal child behaving differently.

Children with autism are frequently seen as aloof and uninterested in others. This is not the case with Asperger's Disorder. Individuals with Asperger's Disorder usually want to fit in and have interaction with others; they simply don't know how to do it. They may be socially awkward, not understanding of conventional social rules, or may show a lack of empathy. They may have limited eye contact, seem to be unengaged in a conversation, and not understand the use of gestures.

Interests in a particular subject may border on the obsessive. Children with Asperger's Disorder frequently like to collect categories of things, such as rocks or bottle caps. They may be proficient in knowing categories of information, such as baseball statistics or Latin names of flowers. While they may have good rote memory skills, they have difficulty with abstract concepts.

One of the major differences between Asperger's Disorder and autism is that, by definition, there is no speech delay in Asperger's. In fact, children with Asperger's Disorder frequently have good language skills; they simply use language in different ways. Speech patterns may be unusual, lack inflection or have a rhythmic nature or it may be formal, but too loud or high pitched. Children with Asperger's Disorder may not understand the subtleties of language, such as irony and humor, or they may not understand the give and take nature of a conversation.

With the way Brad behaves, this could be a possible explanation, undiagnosed Aspergers, as his social awkwardness and other things reminds me of Adam....oh well i guess we will never know for sure but my belief is still point number1 if i had to choose, he is probably just a RAT, plain and simple

Interesting thoughts.

What is noticeable though, in mild cases of Aspergers is rigidity and an uncompromising behavior. Changes in routine, schedules and surroundings ... even diet ... can be very disturbing to them because of an inability to adapt.

That doesn't seem to fit Brad. Someone with Aspergers wouldn't have been able to adapt to the Bachelor's changing demands. At least I don't think so.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=echo226;2689484;]It was never confirmed that Brad specifically asked that DeAnna's father be flown in for a proposal, and when he learned they had done that, Brad demanded contact with the Dad and was denied.

During ATFR, Chris made a point to say that Brad had asked for Deanna's father to be flown out.

Quote Originally Posted by MLT31 View Post
    During ATFR, Chris made a point to say that Brad had asked for Deanna's father to be flown out.

Yes ... we discussed that at some length after my initial post. Lots of spin.

Welcome to FORT ... MLT31 !

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689633;
    Interesting thoughts.

What is noticeable though, in mild cases of Aspergers is rigidity and an uncompromising behavior. Changes in routine, schedules and surroundings ... even diet ... can be very disturbing to them because of an inability to adapt.

That doesn't seem to fit Brad. Someone with Aspergers wouldn't have been able to adapt to the Bachelor's changing demands. At least I don't think so.
    Thanks Echo. In Adam's case he was very adaptable, he even joined the AirForce, went on trips, camping, did all the things most people do, so maybe thats true in some cases but wasnt in Adam's and im sure others, depends on the severity i suppose. It was most noticable in how he handled dealing with people was what was most prominent.

I was just thinking of a few unresolved questions that I had from the season that I would LOVE to know the answer to. Please feel free to share yours.

1. What was DeAnna doing on the stairs in the SC from episode 4. Did she fall down, was she laughing, did Jade push her, lol?

2. What was the story behind Hillary's McSkanky comment? Hillary might have thought that DeAnna was forward and honest to a fault, but there was absolutely nothing skanky about her IMO.

3. The first night, did Jenni get her FIR before Brad spoke to DeAnna? On the show it showed DeAnna going first, but I have always wondered about that.

4. Why did we not get to see the fire breathing scene w/DeAnna? That would have been awesome!

5. What was the story behind DeAnna pulling the note off the mirror in the F6 episode. What was written on the note? Was it about her or about someone else?

6. What caused DeAnna and Jade to dislike each other so immensely? Did the other girls really feel so negative towards DeAnna or was it just Jade as the catalyst? To me it seemed that things really settled down once Jade left, but that could just have been the editing.

I know there was so much more, but I can't remember anything else at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2689641;
    Thanks Echo. In Adam's case he was very adaptable, he even joined the AirForce, went on trips, camping, did all the things most people do, so maybe thats true in some cases but wasnt in Adam's and im sure others, depends on the severity i suppose.
    I'm sure it does depend on the severity, but usually, doing those things, making those changes and trying to adapt, creates some stress. Maybe more stress for some than for others. They keep reverting back to the familiar "safe" zone. I guess it's possible.

He also has some symptoms of a Narcissistic personality disorder too.

It could just be, as was originally suggested after the odd FRC, that he is seeking some idealistic perfection that didn't exist in his childhood. He wanted to belong to the Cleaver family, and now wants to be Ward and find his June. Brad the Beav'.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689655;
    I'm sure it does depend on the severity, but usually, doing those things, making those changes and trying to adapt, creates some stress. Maybe more stress for some than for others. They keep reverting back to the familiar "safe" zone. I guess it's possible.

He also has some symptoms of a Narcissistic personality disorder too.

It could just be, as was originally suggested after the odd FRC, that he is seeking some idealistic perfection that didn't exist in his childhood. He wanted to belong to the Cleaver family, and now wants to be Ward and find his June. Brad the Beav'.
    Definately could be Narcissitic, and no doubt he is very odd to say the least.
    ...Brad the Beav
    His so called idea of idealistic perfection totally unrealistic and might just be a smokescreen to cover up his true intentions/scheme...its just all so fishy to me...Brad the Beav my ribs are breaking here

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2689644;
    I was just thinking of a few unresolved questions that I had from the season that I would LOVE to know the answer to. Please feel free to share yours.
    1. What was DeAnna doing on the stairs in the SC from episode 4. Did she fall down, was she laughing, did Jade push her, lol?
    Looking for love in all the wrong places ?

2. What was the story behind Hillary's McSkanky comment? Hillary might have thought that DeAnna was forward and honest to a fault, but there was absolutely nothing skanky about her IMO.
    Hillary believes in misery wants company ... or possibly that it takes one to know one ?

3. The first night, did Jenni get her FIR before Brad spoke to DeAnna? On the show it showed DeAnna going first, but I have always wondered about that.
    But the real question is if it still hanging from a hair clip on the chandelier ?

4. Why did we not get to see the fire breathing scene w/DeAnna? That would have been awesome!
    Perhaps that was actually after the FRC and DeAnna tried to throw accelerant on Brad ?

5. What was the story behind DeAnna pulling the note off the mirror in the F6 episode. What was written on the note? Was it about her or about someone else?
    I think it said "sucker" !

6. What caused DeAnna and Jade to dislike each other so immensely? Did the other girls really feel so negative towards DeAnna or was it just Jade as the catalyst? To me it seemed that things really settled down once Jade left, but that could just have been the editing.
    General byatchiness ? You know, girls can be byatches. Quote DeAnna.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread