+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 209 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2689481;
    "It's not supposed to be a guaranteed proposal," Fleiss told Entertainment Weekly. "It's about how men and women relate and date. It's about getting into the mind of a single guy and the mind of a single girl, and we certainly got that. What [Womack] did was the thing that women fear the most -- he became intimate and then split the next day. The fact that it happened to two girls at once was a unique opportunity."
    Well, I'm not sure why it's an "opportunity" unless Fleiss thinks it attracted more viewers, which is sad. The whole thing is sad. The fact is that Fleiss is right about the womens' fear, and Brad just emotionally checked out at the end. This is why Fleiss's alternative ending with Brad eating a sub and flipping the channels with the remote, while terribly offensive to the ladies, actually captures Brad's demeanor at the end. These ladies deserve a lot more.

Something is indeed fishy, but I don't think anybody is outright lying.

I think that somewhere the truth is colored to attempt to put everyone in the best light possible and salvage some dignity and image for the producers and for Brad. Fleiss said in his interview that they thought there would be a proposal until the end they described as dark. Brad says he was trying to make something happen. Obviously he wasn't a Boy Scout. Boy Scouts "DO their best", it's the Girl Scouts who "TRY their best".

We inferred that Brad specifically requested DeAnna's dad to ask for her hand in marriage, but digging deeper, perhaps it wasn't that cut and dry. Jason (babyfacec) is just telling us Brad's version and his own understanding of it.

Maybe since Brad had told them he'd want to speak to the woman's father, and they thought there would be a proposal, maybe at F2, they simply asked him which father to fly in .... just in case ... and he said DeAnna's.

We don't know anything with an absolute certainty, and I suspect there is a grain of truth in all versions, if only in someones mind.

Please understand I am not defending Brad AT ALL. I think he could have handled his part in a way that would have been much kinder and easier on Jenni, DeAnna, the families and the viewers and I'm disappointed and a little angry.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

The DeAnna father thing: Brad is responsible. He is not being truthful about this. Fleiss did an interview where he stated that any one of the last three could have been it. When it got down to two, he stated that Brad and Jenni couldn't keep their hands off of each other. He was touched by Jenni. The point here is that HOW would Fleiss "know" which father to fly out, if he didn't hear it FROM BRAD! Brad MUST have said something to Fleiss, or they would have flown both fathers out, or Jenni's or neither. Brad must have said it was DeAnna! Fess up Brad!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by polar opposite;2689538;
    The DeAnna father thing: Brad is responsible. He is not being truthful about this. Fleiss did an interview where he stated that any one of the last three could have been it. When it got down to two, he stated that Brad and Jenni couldn't keep their hands off of each other. He was touched by Jenni. The point here is that HOW would Fleiss "know" which father to fly out, if he didn't hear it FROM BRAD! Brad MUST have said something to Fleiss, or they would have flown both fathers out, or Jenni's or neither. Brad must have said it was DeAnna! Fess up Brad!
    ITA Polar, Drab needs to fess up as something just isn't right about this whole thing. I doubt his enormous ego will ever let him admit to anything but no doubt Drab is to blame here, not the editing, not Fleiss, not us, not the ladies he dumped so coldly, Drab needs to come clean. The truth will set you free Drab! He couldnt even give DD a straight answer and there is no doubt about her feelings, come on Drab, what are you afraid of??

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2689543;
    ITA Polar, Drab needs to fess up as something just isn't right about this whole thing. I doubt his enormous ego will ever let him admit to anything but no doubt Drab is to blame here, not the editing, not Fleiss, not us, not the ladies he dumped so coldly, Drab needs to come clean. The truth will set you free Drab! He couldnt even give DD a straight answer and there is no doubt about her feelings, come on Drab, what are you afraid of??
    Someone here at FORT was at the ATFR and said that while there was pain and sadness ... Brad wasn't as icy and evasive as it all appeared.

Apparently they were there for 5 hours and we saw less than one hour so
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2689515;
    ITA, i smell a RAT too MomLady, no doubt about it, they dont even have their stories straight. Team Womack are just thowing out as many red herrings as possible as well as blaming it on the 'editing'. Totally shameless.
    I'm sure Brad doesn't confide that much in BabyfaceC as to tell him how he feels. I think the only persons he would be completely honest with are Chad and Mom.

BabyfaceC is very close to the family, a very good friend but I think Brad's confident is Chad. And even that being said, you tell everything to your best friend when you're 14-15 but not at 35. You may ask for advice, talk about how you feel but I don't think you will tell everything.

Brad may have twisted the reality to maybe avoid more questions.

For all we know is that Brad could have said to the producers, IF I propose I want to ask the father first.

Their next conversation could be. Who comes last Brad?

Brad says, Deanna.

Poof! Producers fly in her father.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689550;
    Someone here at FORT was at the ATFR and said that while there was pain and sadness ... Brad wasn't as icy and evasive as it all appeared.

Apparently they were there for 5 hours and we saw less than one hour so
    Thanks Echo! I'd like to know if 5 hours is really true, i mean, i doubt they would have Drab sitting in that hot seat for 5 hours being grilled can you? Maybe the entire 'show' was 5 hours but i'd like to know how long he was actually on stage. Maybe someone can tell us who isnt part of Team Womack. No doubt Drab has 'some' personality and charm and isnt always dour and sad, and try as he might he did try to calm the natives that night
    When you look into his eyes and see the way he talked to Jenni and DD he looked like a deer in the headlights to me and someone made a good point a while back, he has shark's eyes, dead eyes, no emotion, no nothing, just lifeless. I've never seen a man act the way he does around women, it's all very odd to me. Its all very weird Echo and has me as confused as everyone else

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Montrealgirl;2689551;
    I'm sure Brad doesn't confide that much in BabyfaceC as to tell him how he feels. I think the only persons he would be completely honest with are Chad and Mom.

BabyfaceC is very close to the family, a very good friend but I think Brad's confident is Chad. And even that being said, you tell everything to your best friend when you're 14-15 but not at 35. You may ask for advice, talk about how you feel but I don't think you will tell everything.

Brad may have twisted the reality to maybe avoid more questions.
    I agree MontrealGirl, thinking it over the last few days, i think BabyfaceC might not be in the loop as such, he maybe only sees the charming Drab as he flits around the bars chatting up the young girls there and thats what he knows, Drab's public persona, not his true innerself. Great thoughts MontrealGirl!

Someone earlier wrote a post regarding Brad's use of of the phrase "taking the high road." The poster description of the meaning of the phrase...I know something negative but I will not go into it, instead I'll only say positive things.

I felt the phrase could have different meanings and posted such and that it did not have that meaning for the proposal. (Unable to find post.)

I visited another board and read a post along the same lines that caught my attention...

The poster said, you are right, it is something else not someone else.
    We, in Austin know the story and he did, in fact, take the high road. Not a bad guy - not a perfect guy - but every bit as cool as you believed him to be, prior to not getting the ending for which you hoped.

I only quoted a small portion of the post. It's like any other post..I can't say if it is true or not..but, it certainly caught my attention.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 11-24-2007 at 02:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread