+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

FORT Fogey

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2689463;
    Brad requested that DeAnna's father be there to ask for her hand in marriage. I think there was definately an F1, and that was DeAnna.
    Not that I think Fleiss is anything but what he is, but listened to what he had to say about what happened:

'Bachelor' creator on Brad Womack rejections: He sort of said, 'F**k it.'

By Christopher Rocchio, 11/21/2007
    Fleiss said a marriage proposal from a The Bachelor star to one of his suitors is "not mandatory" -- something that's evident from the fact that four of the last five and six of the last eight The Bachelor editions ended without its star proposing to his final bachelorette. Still, Womack was the first The Bachelor star ever to not even offer a final rose to one of his suitors in an attempt to pursue a relationship in the real world.

"It's not supposed to be a guaranteed proposal," Fleiss told Entertainment Weekly. "It's about how men and women relate and date. It's about getting into the mind of a single guy and the mind of a single girl, and we certainly got that. What [Womack] did was the thing that women fear the most -- he became intimate and then split the next day. The fact that it happened to two girls at once was a unique opportunity."

Brad was not co-erced into proposing. He put that pressure on himself, and when he couldn't do it, he in essence split.
    What horrifies most women is exactly what sleaseball Fleiss put so succinctly into words: Brad in essence got close ( very close emotional, if not physical, intense feelings which he purposely drew out of each girl) and then he in the most publicly way possibly split, especially from the F1 who he had led to believe he would be there for the Final Rose.

Since he couldn't do it in the end, what should he have done? He should have talked in general, presented her the Final Rose, and then in private he should have told her that he couldn't go through with it. That way he would have spared her the public humilation, he wouldn't have looked like a slease, cad, heel, and a jerk, and we would have had a Final Rose.

Since there wasn't going to be a Final Rose, and Brad insisted on choosing no one for the Final Rose, then just as soon as he made his decision known to the producers that morning, they should have made arrangements for BOTH girls to have met Brad at the same time. He led them both on; therefore, he needed to reject them both at the same time on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2689477;
    I wonder if she really thought that at the FRC. Why did he not say I will not change my mind when DeAnna asked what happens when you change your mind and Brad said, "I do not know."
    Hmmm.... excellent point actually... I never thought about that, but you're right! His answer added to the confusion even more...
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2689463;
    Brad requested that DeAnna's father be there to ask for her hand in marriage. I think there was definately an F1, and that was DeAnna.
    There's some question about this. Brad had told them that IF he was going to propose, he would want to talk to the woman's father first. The producer's thought there would be a proposal and they may have seen it leaning towards DeAnna ... or he may have told them he was leaning towards DeAnna. While Jenni has been called the front runner, DeAnna seems to have been the popular choice with friends, family, etc.

It was never confirmed that Brad specifically asked that DeAnna's father be flown in for a proposal, and when he learned they had done that, Brad demanded contact with the Dad and was denied.

So ... while it does look as if he probably would have picked DeAnna if he was picking, ... he told Jenni there was something he "couldn't find" and told DeAnna she was "everything" ... it is all still pretty muddy.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689484;
    There's some question about this. Brad had told them that IF he was going to propose, he would want to talk to the woman's father first. The producer's thought there would be a proposal and they may have seen it leaning towards DeAnna ... or he may have told them he was leaning towards DeAnna. While Jenni has been called the front runner, DeAnna seems to have been the popular choice with friends, family, etc.

It was never confirmed that Brad specifically asked that DeAnna's father be flown in for a proposal, and when he learned they had done that, Brad demanded contact with the Dad and was denied.

So ... while it does look as if he probably would have picked DeAnna if he was picking, ... he told Jenni there was something he "couldn't find" and told DeAnna she was "everything" ... it is all still pretty muddy.
    Somebody transcribed the verbal exchange on ATFR between Chris and Brad on this very subject. Based on that conversation, Brad admitted that HE asked for DeAnna's father to be brought out there, and that is what I am basing my opinion on. I do not trust Brad's spin control statements on this and choose to believe what he said when he was confronted by Chris on the ATFR....even though he tried to squirm out of it there too until Chris pushed the point and made it clear that it was at Brad's request.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2689471;
    Why tell Jenni? At least Jenni got her closure as the F2.

I thought the constant contact was during the filming. I can't imagine the producers would be contacting her once the filming ended. That would just add to the cruelness.

Brad made his own history as being the first Bachelor as not giving out the final rose.

I guess DeAnna made histroy as the F1 not to receive the final rose. She did get the final rose of the season. I am sure that is not the same thing.
    What if the producers kept in touch with her because they had their hopes up too. Maybe they thought that Brad would change his mind and give DeAnna the final rose. Why would Chris ask her if she would give Brad a second chance? I don't know the whole thing is just sad. DeAnna was just confused as were we. I think about you everyday. What does that mean? What for? I'll miss you more than you'll ever know, Well she is there and you are letting her walk away. There is more to this than we are led to believe and the answer is not that he didn't fall head over heals for her.Who falls in love after merely 3 dates (2/1 , FD,LCD) and while dating other women simultaneously.He has strong feelings for her and she has everything he is looking for, to me that's an ideal start point for a relationship but what do I know?
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

FORT Fan

I still believe we're over analyzing this and Drab never intended to ever hand out a final rose and to pick anyone, he conned Fleiss, he conned the media, he conned 25 ladies ( i feel so bad for Jenni and DD, they are such great ladies) and he also conned us the viewers, shame on Drab for wasting everyones time. He has some deep rooted issues for sure but i doubt he ever wanted to give up his bar lifestyle. He's a 35 year old who has been living the life of a 21 year old for 14 years now and refuses to grow up. With so many young girls throwing themselves at him and with people defending his 'behavior' and telling him how great a guy he is, and the spin doctors in full force why should he give all that up? The only thing that has caught Team Womack off guard is that fact that America caught on to his scheme
    ABC should really make a better attempt to find a Bachelor who is truly looking to get out of the dating world and not just a self promoter.
    Hands down, Drab is the RAT of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2689477;
    I wonder if she really thought that at the FRC. Why did he not say I will not change my mind when DeAnna asked what happens when you change your mind and Brad said, "I do not know."

It's an interesting phenomena that so many people seem to experience when they have been broken up with ... thinking that the other person has made a mistake and will never find someone better for them. I don't know if it is a survival mechanism within us so that we don't beat ourselves up for not being "good" enough for them to love (in our own minds), but it happens often enough that it must be somewhat instinctual for emotional survival.

There are so many variables about how people act and react when it comes to love and emotions, I am not sure that anything Brad said to DeAnna at the FRC would have made a difference as to how she felt ... For me, Brad saying I cannot look you in the eye and tell you I love you would have been final enough to understand it wasn't going to happen now or ever. But in reading the posts here, there are those that feel that wasn't enough, and Brad was leading her on by saying other things ... which in his mind, to be any more blunt could have been perceived as just being too hurtful to someone he did care about, but wasn't in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689484;

BabyfaceC, as hearsay, has said that DeAnna's dad was brought in but Brad did not request him.

At the ATFR ceremony, Chris questioned Brad a few times about DeAnna's father. Brad never denied requesting DeAnna's dad, actually Brad said he did request her dad to be there. Was that because of editing. The studio audience would know. Or just maybe Brad was told to go along with Chris by the producers saying that he did request DeAnna's dad.

Makes me wonder why BabyfaceC's post cast doubts on key points that would other wise point to Brad not smelling like roses. Damage control comes to mind.
    Last edited by MomLady; 11-24-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2689491;
    Somebody transcribed the verbal exchange on ATFR between Chris and Brad on this very subject. Based on that conversation, Brad admitted that HE asked for DeAnna's father to be brought out there, and that is what I am basing my opinion on. I do not trust Brad's spin control statements on this and choose to believe what he said when he was confronted by Chris on the ATFR....even though he tried to squirm out of it there too until Chris pushed the point and made it clear that it was at Brad's request.
    Gotcha'. I just went and watched that little piece and it does appear that Brad agreed. When Chris said, you asked, Brad said "right" and something to the effect that it just shows how hard he was trying to make something happen.

Brad and Chris threw that hot potato back and forth some so I'm not positive ... and agree it was spin control on someones part. If the producer's thought they were to blame, they mightn't have brought it up. I was, however, very surprised that DeAnna didn't mention that Brad took it to the point where her family was involved. That seems like it would have been the natural thing to do. Her Dad must have been devastated for his "little girl". That's why I'm somewhat on the fence here.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2689501;
    BabyfaceC, as hearsay, has said that DeAnna's dad was brought in but Brad did not request him.

At the ATFR ceremony, Chris questioned Brad a few times about DeAnna's father. Brad never denied requesting DeAnna's dad, actually Brad said he did request her dad to be there. Was that because of editing. The studio audience would know. Or just maybe Brad was told to go along with Chris by the producers saying that he did request DeAnna's dad.

Makes me wonder why BabyfaceC's post cast doubts on key points that would other wise point to Brad not smelling like roses. Damage control comes to mind.

ITA, i smell a RAT too MomLady, no doubt about it, they dont even have their stories straight. Team Womack are just thowing out as many red herrings as possible as well as blaming it on the 'editing'. Totally shameless.

+ Reply to Thread