+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 209 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2689428;
    I totally agree with you Estella.Jenni was definitely better off thinking that he chose DeAnna.At the FRC when DeAnna asked about what would happen if he regretted his decision, he said I don't know. Then the season goes underway and she is listening to the interviews. What was she to think when she hears him talk about watching the one he cares about, wanting to hang out with her, him saying that if a connection is made it's worth nurturing, in the ABC uncut I remember him mentioning that he believes in the process and that you can have that instant connection and that he is loyal and waiting for the show to wrap up. Add to that the smiles whenever her name is mentioned. I would have had my hopes up too.
    Totally agree w/you. I almost wish that Brad would not have told DeAnna that he had just say goodbye to Jenni. I think w/the way that she was let go that it enabled her to have a tiny bit of hope and then that hope just continued to grow w/the things that he said on interviews.

I truly hope that DeAnna heals from this and moves on to bigger and better things in her life. She deserves so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2689428;
    I totally agree with you Estella.Jenni was definitely better off thinking that he chose DeAnna.At the FRC when DeAnna asked about what would happen if he regretted his decision, he said I don't know. Then the season goes underway and she is listening to the interviews. What was she to think when she hears him talk about watching the one he cares about, wanting to hang out with her, him saying that if a connection is made it's worth nurturing, in the ABC uncut I remember him mentioning that he believes in the process and that you can have that instant connection and that he is loyal and waiting for the show to wrap up. Add to that the smiles whenever her name is mentioned. I would have had my hopes up too.
    What I think makes it worse when it comes to the interviews. He did tell DeAnna that he had the instant connection. (The part of he told someone he was done the first night.)

He did tell DeAnna he had the chemistry with her. (The discription of the kiss.)

Then one thing Brad did not tell DeAnna for closure at the FRC and then that at the ATFR is that he was done with her.

Brad should have said something using the past tense such as:

It is over. It was just a summer thing.

At the ATFR he could have said I have gone on with my life, instead he said, I have been thinking of you every day.

Brad instead of saying he does not know what happens when if he will change his mind should have said, he will not change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2689435;
    Totally agree w/you. I almost wish that Brad would not have told DeAnna that he had just say goodbye to Jenni. I think w/the way that she was let go that it enabled her to have a tiny bit of hope and then that hope just continued to grow w/the things that he said on interviews.

I truly hope that DeAnna heals from this and moves on to bigger and better things in her life. She deserves so much more.
    I still do not understand why Brad, told DeAnna he said good bye to Jenni. Was that just to get her hopes up and then throw the punch in. It still seems cruel to me.
    Last edited by MomLady; 11-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2689019;
    Oh, I also don't think he has commitment issues or psychological problems. I think he's a typical male who was saying, "It's not you, it's me." Which really means, "It's you" or "It's us not being good together."

Brad had 3 or 4 long term relationships. They were one on one the way he is used to dating. The women lived in the area where he lived so that they didn't have to relocate. He was able to invest all of the time that he needed to in the relationship. Since they were long term, he obviously cared an awfully lot and thus was very much emotionally invested in each of his exes, or he would not have stayed long term.
    All of the obstacles he stated were gone.

So why at 34 did he not commit to one of those relationships?

Brad himself stated he has issues he needs to work on. Who am I to disagree with him or with what has been shown to me?

If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck.....
    Last edited by Bloomers; 11-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Originally Posted by Bloomers
    ***If Brad was not going to follow the premise of the Bachelor and present at least the Final Rose to one of the women, he should have brought them both out at the same time and rejected them both together.We would have seen Brad thinking about Brad, and Fliess would have gotten the same drama of NO WINNER.
    They could have them both on the Doomsday Podium, Chris could come out and remind them that there are TWO of them, and only One Final Rose ... and Brad could jump off, walk around in circles, jump back on, snap the stem off the rose and affix it as his own boutonniere !

Now THAT would have been an ending !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2689436;
    I still do not understand why Brad, told DeAnna he said good bye to Jenni. Was that just to get her hopes up and then through the punch in. It still seems cruel to me.
    I know, I really don't understand that either. Was it a slip up on his part? If Jenni had gone first and DeAnna had gone second, would Brad have told Jenni that he just let DeAnna go? Part of me wonders if there was even really an F1? Perhaps Jenni coming in first was just the luck of the draw?

Part of me also thinks that it was cruel to not tell Jenni that DeAnna wasn't picked either. They should have told both of them - I mean was this a purposeful act from TPTB, or did just not occur to anyone to tell her and it just slipped their minds and nobody thought to tell her?

In DeAnna's latest interview she said she was in constant contact w/producers from the show. Do you think Jenni would have been then as well? If Jenni was in contact w/them then how could they not let her know?

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2689445;
    I know, I really don't understand that either. Was it a slip up on his part? If Jenni had gone first and DeAnna had gone second, would Brad have told Jenni that he just let DeAnna go? Part of me wonders if there was even really an F1? Perhaps Jenni coming in first was just the luck of the draw?
    Brad requested that DeAnna's father be there to ask for her hand in marriage. I think there was definately an F1, and that was DeAnna.

Originally Posted by MomLady
    I still do not understand why Brad, told DeAnna he said good bye to Jenni. Was that just to get her hopes up and then through the punch in. It still seems cruel to me.
    I have wondered if he was trying to do something kind for DeAnna ? That is, trying to communicate to her that he wasn't rejecting her for Jenni, and that in a way she was the one he would have picked if he was picking.

Odd behavior to be sure, and he failed miserably because DeAnna said she could have lived with it if he picked Jenni, because they were so different, she could have accepted that was what he wanted. Jenni also was shocked at the no-pick, and lost respect.

He may have done Jenni a bigger favor because she got perspective and clarity, and has moved on, or I should say back ... to Russell. So Brad becomes the "transition" guy in Jenni's scenario, ... the guy who made her realize there was someone better ... which is some kind of justice.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2689436;

I still do not understand why Brad, told DeAnna he said good bye to Jenni. Was that just to get her hopes up and then throw the punch in. It still seems cruel to me.

DeAnna said in her interview that Brad told her about not picking Jenni was to spare DeAnna's feelings from thinking that he was in love and happily starting his life with another woman while she was hurting ... or words to that effect.

Part of me also thinks that it was cruel to not tell Jenni that DeAnna wasn't picked either. They should have told both of them - I mean was this a purposeful act from TPTB, or did just not occur to anyone to tell her and it just slipped their minds and nobody thought to tell her?

In DeAnna's latest interview she said she was in constant contact w/producers from the show. Do you think Jenni would have been then as well? If Jenni was in contact w/them then how could they not let her know?
    Why tell Jenni? At least Jenni got her closure as the F2.

I thought the constant contact was during the filming. I can't imagine the producers would be contacting her once the filming ended. That would just add to the cruelness.

Brad made his own history as being the first Bachelor as not giving out the final rose.

I guess DeAnna made histroy as the F1 not to receive the final rose. She did get the final rose of the season. I am sure that is not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;2689468;
    DeAnna said in her interview that Brad told her about not picking Jenni was to spare DeAnna's feelings from thinking that he was in love and happily starting his life with another woman while she was hurting ... or words to that effect.
    I wonder if she really thought that at the FRC. Why did he not say I will not change my mind when DeAnna asked what happens when you change your mind and Brad said, "I do not know."

+ Reply to Thread