+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

FORT Having a Blast! TooAnalytical's Avatar

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by procheervet;2710248;
    Back to square one I see (Heavy sigh). No one is saying he should have been forced to pick one. Every one has said the way he did it was cruel to the girls. There was zero sensitively to the feelings of another, and then to continue to dangle even an iota of hope by saying how much he would miss Deanna, knowing how she felt, was cruel beyond words. That is why I would not want my daughter to date him, not because he didn't choose anyone.
    But if you listen to what Brad said about wanting to give it every chance and that there were not "no feelings" just not enough to continue. How was he cruel to the girls? They signed up to be on a show knowing that someone was staying to the end. No one made them tell him they loved him and how do we know they really meant it? We weren't there so we don't really know everything that happened. Never once did he say, "I love you" to any of the girls. What would you want him to do? Act like he didn't like them at all? What kind of show would that be? Then someone would be digging on Brad because he didn't show enough feelings. It's a no win for Brad (unless he found someone and married them), otherwise he is screwed no matter what he did. I can't for the life of me think of one good reason for him to go on the show unless he really thought he would find someone. Otherwise, it sucks to be him right now! I couldn't put up with all the scrutiny and negativity. And I sure wouldn't want anyone to ask me why I didn't want to pick someone. I think ABC screwed him royally! I would only boycott the show because ABC didn't do right by Brad. They threw him overboard without a rope.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2709765;
    So, true Blondie, although, I joined during Jesse's season to sleuth here. I miss so many of our veteran sleuthers.
    And aramcobrat. good to see you. I remember with PJ also how you got us hooked on using myspace to sleuth... those were the days before Fleiss started banning the Bachelorettes from keeping their myspaces during the season!!
    This season's best sleuthing was awonderful collaborative effort, with the biggest kudos going out to KendraK for finding Brad like a needle in a haystack. BlondieGal, bar none had the best clues and called the no winner from the first show, if not before! I could go on and on, but I wish we could bring back some vets to join in with all our great new sleuthers... season 12 won't stand a chance!!
    Cafegirl and pajamasam, I fondly remember sleuthing with you two (and others, but it's been a while, so I'm forgetting names...) during before and during Travis' season.
    I usually hang around the FoRT during Big Brother and The Bachelor, but my life got really busy for a while there and didn't have time to devote to any sleuthing.
    I'm going to try to be there from day one for B12... I love the challenge of figuring out the season before it even starts.

[QUOTE=TooAnalytical;2710235;]Iron_Mike

If 3 of them were ready to fall in love, why did Jenni have her boyfriend pick her up from the airport after filming the show and it hadn't even aired yet? They moved back in together and are more happy then ever (her words). I like Jenni and I think she is cute and fun and I believed her when she told Brad she loved him. But when I found out she was a cheerleader/actress and then she went directly back to her boyfriend, it made me understand why Brad didn't choose any of them. I was hoping he would choose Jenni, but thank God he didn't.

How would you know for sure that the girls were there for you and not to promote themselves or just to say they were on the show. The whole experience would give me reasons for doubt. If he did choose one, their whole relationship would be scrutnized and held up to the public eye and who would want that either. I'm sure the show looks like it would be a great idea, but you could give me 100 guys and I might not find one I liked enough to marry either. I like being picky and I admire the same quality in others. Who wants to be with someone who will be with anyone.[/QUOTE]

============================== ============================== ============================

Your avatar seems to fit your thought process, very well, GOOD FOR YOU!

I think we saw this with "The Love Story" from bachelor 10...I know I was taken in and I think many others were as well. I think they were both falling in love and I think Tessa really tried. But, she fell in love with who she thought Andy was from their experience on the show. When she really got to know Andy...she realized she was wrong. They were both hurt.

I am also picky and I too admire the same quality in others.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TooAnalytical;2710235;
    Iron_Mike

If 3 of them were ready to fall in love, why did Jenni have her boyfriend pick her up from the airport after filming the show and it hadn't even aired yet? They moved back in together and are more happy then ever (her words). I like Jenni and I think she is cute and fun and I believed her when she told Brad she loved him. But when I found out she was a cheerleader/actress and then she went directly back to her boyfriend, it made me understand why Brad didn't choose any of them. I was hoping he would choose Jenni, but thank God he didn't.

How would you know for sure that the girls were there for you and not to promote themselves or just to say they were on the show. The whole experience would give me reasons for doubt. If he did choose one, their whole relationship would be scrutnized and held up to the public eye and who would want that either. I'm sure the show looks like it would be a great idea, but you could give me 100 guys and I might not find one I liked enough to marry either. I like being picky and I admire the same quality in others. Who wants to be with someone who will be with anyone.
    I cant speak for Jenni and i cant recall where exactly it was discussed but from what i recall it was said that he was trying to win her back and showed up at the airport at his own behest, not hers.
    I havent heard about the girls promoting anything, yet all i hear about is Brads bars and businesses and his hotel project and planned trips there, never would have happened had he not been on the Bachelor, i dont read anything about DD, Jenni's, Bettina's or Sheena's business and trips planned to visit their place of work.
    Being picky is ok, but how many womens does Drab need to go thru to find a woman to have a least a cup of coffee with, 100? 1000? 10,000? I think you get my point.
    For someone who was supposedly there to find a wife, that is aweful hard to do that with how he chopped them off at the knees so coldly and brutally, id say thats picky alright

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TooAnalytical;2710275;
    But if you listen to what Brad said about wanting to give it every chance and that there were not "no feelings" just not enough to continue. How was he cruel to the girls? They signed up to be on a show knowing that someone was staying to the end. No one made them tell him they loved him and how do we know they really meant it? We weren't there so we don't really know everything that happened. Never once did he say, "I love you" to any of the girls. What would you want him to do? Act like he didn't like them at all? What kind of show would that be? Then someone would be digging on Brad because he didn't show enough feelings. It's a no win for Brad (unless he found someone and married them), otherwise he is screwed no matter what he did. I can't for the life of me think of one good reason for him to go on the show unless he really thought he would find someone. Otherwise, it sucks to be him right now! I couldn't put up with all the scrutiny and negativity. And I sure wouldn't want anyone to ask me why I didn't want to pick someone. I think ABC screwed him royally! I would only boycott the show because ABC didn't do right by Brad. They threw him overboard without a rope.
    So he had no idea the day before the FRC that he wasn't in love with Jenni when he practically dragged her "I love you" out of her? And he had no idea the day before the FRC that Saturday would not actually be a good day for Deanna when he raised her hopes to the ceiling? No one said he had to propose. You mean to say that Bettina, Jenni, and Deanna were all to heinous to even date in real life to see what it would be like away from the spotlight? I think not. Brad is the ONLY bachelor in the history of the show to ask that a clause be in the contract that he be allowed to pick no one, which really makes his intention from day one suspect. And there are thousands of reasons with dollar signs in front of them for him to have gone on the show other than to find a wife. The only bad publicity is no publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by procheervet;2710313;
    So he had no idea the day before the FRC that he wasn't in love with Jenni when he practically dragged her "I love you" out of her? And he had no idea the day before the FRC that Saturday would not actually be a good day for Deanna when he raised her hopes to the ceiling? No one said he had to propose. You mean to say that Bettina, Jenni, and Deanna were all to heinous to even date in real life to see what it would be like away from the spotlight? I think not. Brad is the ONLY bachelor in the history of the show to ask that a clause be in the contract that he be allowed to pick no one, which really makes his intention from day one suspect. And there are thousands of reasons with dollar signs in front of them for him to have gone on the show other than to find a wife. The only bad publicity is no publicity.
    Brad didn't ask for a clause in his contract. He signed the contract that they sent him and I assume its the exact same one all of the other bachelors signed. But he did tell them, before they officially asked him to be the bachelor, that he would make his own decision on who didn't recieve roses and so forth and if he didn't feel it with the girls he wasn't going to pick someone to make the producers happy

FORT Having a Blast! TooAnalytical's Avatar

If I were going to go on the show, I would have the same clause. Who would agree to ask someone to marry them or to even date someone because some producer (who is getting rich off of you) wants you to or ibecause it is in the contract. I admire someone who stands up and makes their own decision.

He's a lot more valuable to his business when he's in Austin than when he was in Malibu. It just doesn't make sense to use your resources (read: Brad) to attract national TV attention to a business that is overwhelmingly local.

I didn't see Brad begging Jenni to tell her how she felt, in fact he said very little during that whole interaction. To me, that was pretty telling. Heck, I was a Jenni fan and I watched that scene and cringed. He stated that he regrets telling DeAnna that "Saturday would be a good day" and that he doesn't know why he did it. Bettina, Jenni and DeAnna are all worthy of men that can return their feelings, which Brad could not. He got to know them and spent enough time with each of them to make his decision. Every week the guy made decisions, every week girls left, every week you could tell it was hard for him.

I know that there was a clause in Brad's contract that stated that he had the option to choose no one. Where did you hear that he was the first?

I agree all publicity is good publicity, but I do not believe that was his rationale for doing the show at all. His bars have been packed basically since they opened, 3 of them with the college crowd and one with a more upscale crowd. Having visited Austin, I can say that it is a fantastic city and long before Bachelor Brad was announced I was trying to find a time to go back for a visit.
    Last edited by casualfan; 12-07-2007 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooAnalytical;2710324;
    If I were going to go on the show, I would have the same clause. Who would agree to ask someone to marry them or to even date someone because some producer (who is getting rich off of you) wants you to or ibecause it is in the contract. I admire someone who stands up and makes their own decision.
    That clause is available to everyone who considers doing this show: If you're unsure about or might be unwilling to date the final person, then you don't go on the show.

+ Reply to Thread