+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2702555;
    The fact that Brad is not bad for marketing, is a weighable reason to questions his intentions for going on to the Bachelor in the first place. The fact that Brad wanted it in his contract, to me speaks of, why not go Brad, great free publicity and just walk away. No amount of money can pay for the national TV coverage for years to come, and it will all be in the WWW for life.

Unfortunately, as pointed out in an early post, integrity has nothing to do with business somethimes. The bottom line is money and profits.
    MomLady,

YES YES YES. Don't have time to read all posts - just scrolling quickly. You ARE SO RIGHT! [mod edit]

OMG - again - this is so TRUE!!!
    Last edited by Mariner; 12-06-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHaze;2707588;
    I think he said that because he didn't love her in a romantic wayl. It was just too impersonal and pragmatic to be love. Men want to be needed by the woman they love. Not in a sick or overly dependent way, but in a mutual interdependence, 'count on each other' kind of way.

Very well said. I think that is true for both men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2707735;
    You can learn an awful lot from a person's my space page if they leave it opened. Even if you are not a friend. Andy left his opened quite a bit. I lost interest when he and Tessa were no longer involved. so don't know if he still does...
    That is probably true . . . but since Myspace is not on my internet homepage, nor is it in my newspaper, or on my tv, or in my periodical subscriptions, or even on the cover of the magazines at the orthodontist . . . well, I would have to go and hunt down the information that is contained in someone else's myspace; so for me it is not in the 'mainstream' media. FORTers seem to do a pretty good job of bringing the latest news here, so this is as close to the 'mainstream' as it gets for me when I want to find out news on the Bach's and Bachettes.

You know, you're right. As I recall, around that same part of the preview they have a voiceover of Brad saying something like "I had no idea it was going to end this way..."

Uhh yeah, in hindsight they really gave it away in that first commercial with "How it ends!" and a shot of sad, dejected, Brad sitting down, with the rose still sitting there. We just didn't want to believe it!
    This is important sleuthing information everybody. We need to pay attention to those first commercials!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2708112;
    This is important sleuthing information everybody. We need to pay attention to those first commercials!
    Next time the commercial says "Who will become Mrs. XYZ?" we'll know it's actually code for "There will be no proposal. You'll be lucky if this guy even gives out a rose. Go shovel the snow from your driveway instead."
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2708244;
    Next time the commercial says "Who will become Mrs. XYZ?" we'll know it's actually code for "There will be no proposal. You'll be lucky if this guy even gives out a rose. Go shovel the snow from your driveway instead."
    That is too funny MsFroggy and when we hear the Bach say,"I'm here to find a wife' is a code for im really here to promote my businesses and inflate my enormous ego even more
    Last edited by Iron_Mike; 12-06-2007 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2708263;
    That is too funny MsFroggy and when we hear the Bach say,"I'm here to find a wife' is a code for im really here to promote my businesses and inflate my enormous ego even more
    Hi. Iron Mike,

I can't understand why you feel Brad promoted his Business. They mostly cater to the college kids in the Austin area..kids at that age go where the action is and follow the crowd and most could care less about the bachelor.

I've been promised a glass of wine, I intend to enjoy it, but I don't think you would ever consider our age group..late 20's to late 30's a target for hanging out there. Most of us enjoy a totally different atmosphere.

So no publicity, that I can see.

You haven't visited us in a while..stop by when you have a chance..we'll have a Bettini waiting for you.

FORT Fan

Thank you RMB! I'm always up for a Bettini

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2708299;
    So no publicity, that I can see.
    The only publicity that would count for them would be LOCAL publicity. That is what would increase their bar business. So if we look strictly at local publicity, we have the Bobby Bones show every Tuesday (or was it Monday or both?) morning and the viewing parties at one of his establishments (when Brad said himself that they would NOT have viewing parties because it would conflict with Monday night football). THESE are the things that would increase his bar business and these are the things that he did.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2708527;
    The only publicity that would count for them would be LOCAL publicity. That is what would increase their bar business. So if we look strictly at local publicity, we have the Bobby Bones show every Tuesday (or was it Monday or both?) morning and the viewing parties at one of his establishments (when Brad said himself that they would NOT have viewing parties because it would conflict with Monday night football). THESE are the things that would increase his bar business and these are the things that he did.
    Got that one right! Now, the tourist trade he might have cashed in, (i.e. those of us who are in the age zone that allows us to travel (ahem, showign my age here)), we won't be dropping by like we might have had things turned out differently...

+ Reply to Thread