+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

For reasons hard to justify to myself (!), I re-watched the season preview. I'd be interested whether others agree, but it's actually a perfect road map to what happens. The voice overs are Deanna, Jenni, and Bettina, etc., but my FAVORITE clue not previously discussed to my knowledge?

Under the footage surrounding Michele's fall and 911 etc., a (random) bachelorette is heard to say ... (drum roll) ...

"This is going to end so poorly." So much for HIDDEN clues!

How great is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2706864;
    If you read my post carefully, i never said anything about him mentioning his bars on the show. However, all seaon long thru various ways and means wink wink i his bars have been mentioned Ad Nauseam...much better than paying for advertising the normal way wink wink wink
    I'd actually like to thank you for continuously bringing it up Though your posts certainly haven't been promoting our bars, you have mentioned "our bars" as much as anyone. At this point I think any PR is good PR for them. If I were a casual reader I'd be quick to look them up after reading this board.. Thanks Iron_Mike.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2707006;
    I'd actually like to thank you for continuously bringing it up Though your posts certainly haven't been promoting our bars, you have mentioned "our bars" as much as anyone. At this point I think any PR is good PR for them. If I were a casual reader I'd be quick to look them up after reading this board.. Thanks Iron_Mike.
    That is too funny Without a doubt that is the best 'spin' i have ever heard this season, you have earned your stripes in that dept my friend and you definately deserve your current position in Team Woemack

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2707013;
    That is too funny Without a doubt that is the best 'spin' i have ever heard this season, you have earned your stripes in that dept my friend and you definately deserve your current position in Team Woemack
    There is still room on Team Womack" !!!! Much love Mikey! Are you a phillies fan, by the way?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2707017;
    There is still room on Team Womack" !!!! Much love Mikey! Are you a phillies fan, by the way?
    If i can somehow help straighten out Brad ill be proud to wear the Team Womack colors!
    Oh yea, Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, Sixers fan, too bad they arent doing to well tho

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2707002;
    For reasons hard to justify to myself (!), I re-watched the season preview. I'd be interested whether others agree, but it's actually a perfect road map to what happens. The voice overs are Deanna, Jenni, and Bettina, etc., but my FAVORITE clue not previously discussed to my knowledge?

Under the footage surrounding Michele's fall and 911 etc., a (random) bachelorette is heard to say ... (drum roll) ...

"This is going to end so poorly." So much for HIDDEN clues!

How great is that.
    You know, you're right. As I recall, around that same part of the preview they have a voiceover of Brad saying something like "I had no idea it was going to end this way..."

Uhh yeah, in hindsight they really gave it away in that first commercial with "How it ends!" and a shot of sad, dejected, Brad sitting down, with the rose still sitting there. We just didn't want to believe it! :nono

Things seem to have lightened up just a smidge here!

Just want to go on record here- Much earlier (around page 71) I referred to Brad as a pathological narcissist. I did not mean the textbook equivalent, verbatim. While he may exhibit quite a few of the symptoms, I was merely using a family friendly description of what I normally refer to as a F%$#^G
    A&^$#2E.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2685276;
    I've calmed down a bit.

I don't have a problem with Brad dumping both girls. I don't have a problem with him deciding that there wasn't one in the entire 25 who was right for him. I don't have a really big problem with him "leading them on" because we know that the producers force some of that.

My problems with Brad come from three things:
    1. The "I'll dump you, but you must forgive me immediately" statements made in various ways.
    2. The variation of #1 that roughly translates to "this hurts me as much as it hurts you, so have some sympathy" -- no, it hurts the women more, and you need to tough it out and not demand more than they've already given.
    3. His evident assumption that love happens like a lightning bolt, and it's either there or it isn't. If he was on the verge of proposing to Deanna and decided he just didn't feel it, that's legit in my book. But if he was on the verge of proposing, I would hope he'd have the presence of mind to realize that this was an artificial situation, and that she might look different to him away from that situation. The "look different" part cuts both ways -- she could look better or worse.

I think he should have said something like "I think you are more invested in this relationship than I am, and I'm unclear about my feelings at this point. If you can accept my uncertainty, I'd like to see if being in the real world clarifies things. If that's too hurtful, I understand and respect any decision you make."

Oh, well. It's over. I hope we soon learn of DeDe and Jenni being in happy, loving relationships. I'm not so sure about Brad, because he doesn't seem very realistic about love.

On a personal note, had I been a Bachelorette and my DH one of the 25 guys, I would have cut him the first night without a second thought. I went out with him reluctantly at first and fell in love slowly. I've also experienced love at first sight, but that's not the only way it happens. All I can wish for Brad is that he quickly learns that love is more multi-dimensional than he currently seems to believe.
    I agree...it's as if he's not realistic about relationships.
    Especially the fact that several times he said he loved DeAnna because she didn't need him (very weird thing to say)
    And when he saw that she was falling for him on the last chance date....that's what ultimately made him run. He didn't want to hear her needing/expecting something from him.
    It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;2707580;
    I agree...it's as if he's not realistic about relationships.
    Especially the fact that several times he said he loved DeAnna because she didn't need him (very weird thing to say)
    And when he saw that she was falling for him on the last chance date....that's what ultimately made him run. He didn't want to hear her needing/expecting something from him.
    It's sad.
    I think he said that because he didn't love her in a romantic wayl. It was just too impersonal and pragmatic to be love. Men want to be needed by the woman they love. Not in a sick or overly dependent way, but in a mutual interdependence, 'count on each other' kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2706993;
    I think it is a little bit harder to apply the same logic to the bachelorettes (or the bachelors in the case of a bachelorette season) because when they go on the show they have no idea how long they are going to be there. For all they know, they will leave the first night and how many people remember anyone from the first night? Well, besides those that really do something to embarrass themselves!

The point is, that the bachelor is there for the entire run of the series and he is in control of the situation, where as the bachelorettes are not in control and a lot are cut immediately, like the first episode. The bachelor also appears in almost every scene of the episode. Also, something I noticed in all the bachelor/bachelorette seasons is that the bachelor's first and last name is always mentioned in every episode. The bachelorettes last name's are not. I wonder why? Also, the bachelor does all the preseason interviews, JKL, Extra, a ton of magazine and newspaper interviews, etc.

Anyway, I am not saying that means that any of the bachelors went on for the wrong reasons, but I think this is what makes them an easier target for people to say that they did go on for the wrong reasons.
    Soccermama, thank you so much for your reply, you make some really valid points that I hadn't really thought through before. Why aren't the bachelorettes last names ever mentioned? I guess the "Bachelor" or "Bachelorette" depending on the season do have a much greater opportunity to positively influence their businesses or causes. I remember there was some lawsuit in Blob's Bachelor season when his band released a single or something like that.

In this season I don't think Brad went on for those purposes, and that I think is the point of view I was coming from when I posted about how the bachelorettes and the Bachelor had opportunity to gain from the process.

+ Reply to Thread