+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

  1. #1011
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    63

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2699992;
    There is nothing that Brad can or will say to satisfy everyone - No matter how many interviews or articles or comments. This is a forum where posters have the freedom to express their opinions annonymously without ramification in any part of their lives. Brad put himself out there by agreeing to be on the show. He is now obligated by his contract to follow through with some of the stipulations.

    You can pick and choose to believe or not believe anything posted or said or filmed and nothing Brad will say will sway your opinion.

    He didn't find love. He chose not to date either girl. He knew s*** would hit the fan. I doubt that he realized the extent to which he would be hightlighted by his "friends at ABC" also as the bad guy. So be it.

    My opinion is he is a good guy. I like him personally. I don't date him. He is a friend. I think he did the right thing for himself. I don't believe either of the girls is eternally heartbroken, nor do I think that Brad has anything to apologise to viewers for. None of the girls felt misled. None have had bad things to say about him. It is a TV show that we only saw parts of. If it didn't end the way some wanted it to and if some didn't figure out what was happening ... too bad. Everyone will be smarter next time.


    Yes! This is the post I might have written but it's even better.


    So well put jelle. Bravo.

  2. #1012
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    63

    Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2700811;
    The thing is you've missed EVERTHING that hasn't happened on camera since the AFTR. They are both adults who have talked and have eachother's number. I will no longer comment on what I'm told they talk about but I'm sure they have the tools to take care of any of their issues amongst themselves


    And it is nobody's business but theirs now.

  3. #1013
    FORT Having a Blast! TooAnalytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    55

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    My question is this to those who know Brad. I'm fine with the fact that he didn't pick anyone, as that was his choice to do so. I live in the Austin area and I have seen him on the local news and radio stations and now that the show is over, he has disappeared. This is also his choice, but why? If you are going to go on TV and be recognized where ever you go, you develop friends and fans, so why would you just forget about them. He did involve people in his life and now he wants to hide. I saw him in downtown Austin and he had a ballcap on and the look on his face when he passed me was one of "oh sh**, I hope this person doesn't recognize me". Of course, I did not approach him as I think that would be rude, since he does deserve his privacy. I just wish he would talk to his fans and let us know how he is doing and stuff like that.

  4. #1014
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,544

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    I, personally, would rather see these contestants like Brad fade from the public eye (limelight) as he is doing, in comparison to Andy Baldwin STILL posing for pictures, etc. Just my opinion.

  5. #1015
    FORT Having a Blast! TooAnalytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    55

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    My question is to babyface:

    Brad still has a lot of fans and we would like to know how he is doing. The show is over so why dwell on it anymore. When I see him on TV, I feel his pain in my heart. I know he is a human being just like the rest of us and we all make mistakes. I would like to see any one of these people who are leaving negative messages go on national TV and see how good they look when they are over scrutinized. I just want to know if he is doing good, working out, jogging and taking care of himself. I also want to know if at some point he is ready to go out again, how would you go about meeting a man like him? I would feel akward going to one of y'alls bar and saying hi, I saw you on TV. I live 25 miles from downtown Austin. I don't want to meet him because he was on TV (that is really a down side to me), but I want to meet him because of the person I see in him. I think he tried to do the right thing and got shafted by ABC and a lot of other people as well. They are the one's who should be called jerks. Anyway, I sent Brad a picture scrapbook of his experience being "The Bachelor" and all I really want to know is if he got it and did he like it? I spent many hours putting it together. Tell him there are still people who like him and think he is awesome!

  6. #1016
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Delco Pa
    Posts
    355

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2706599;
    I, personally, would rather see these contestants like Brad fade from the public eye (limelight) as he is doing, in comparison to Andy Baldwin STILL posing for pictures, etc. Just my opinion.
    I agree but we will see if Drab can stay away from the public eye or not. Andy is a creep for sure but at least we didnt have a 10 week (plus) shameless infomercial for his bars/hotels like we did with Drab.

  7. #1017
    Hopeless romantic Estella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2706629;
    I agree angelic.
    Count me in there, too. I can live without Brad being all over the newspapers, TV channels and radio programs. Hey, did I ever tell you that about two months ago, there was a small picture of Andy Baldwin in a German magazine (something like People or In touch)?! They called him a pro-triathlete and they had this picture because there was an article about a charity event for handicapped athletes (no, I guess he wasn't supposed to be one of the handicapped ones ) and he carried a paralympic medalist on his shoulders... my eyes almost popped out when I saw the pic... so I really prefer Brad not being in the press to much.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

  8. #1018
    FORT Fanatic babyfaceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    750

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2706623;
    I agree but we will see if Drab can stay away from the public eye or not. Andy is a creep for sure but at least we didnt have a 10 week (plus) shameless infomercial for his bars/hotels like we did with Drab.
    FYI Brad never ever once mentioned our bar's names while filming the bachelor. He wouldn't say the names of them on camera when asked. That may mean nothing to some people. But, you can ask any of the 25 bachelorettes and they all left not knowing the names of his bars.

  9. #1019
    FORT Fanatic babyfaceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    750

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by TooAnalytical;2706617;
    My question is to babyface:

    Brad still has a lot of fans and we would like to know how he is doing. The show is over so why dwell on it anymore. When I see him on TV, I feel his pain in my heart. I know he is a human being just like the rest of us and we all make mistakes. I would like to see any one of these people who are leaving negative messages go on national TV and see how good they look when they are over scrutinized. I just want to know if he is doing good, working out, jogging and taking care of himself. I also want to know if at some point he is ready to go out again, how would you go about meeting a man like him? I would feel akward going to one of y'alls bar and saying hi, I saw you on TV. I live 25 miles from downtown Austin. I don't want to meet him because he was on TV (that is really a down side to me), but I want to meet him because of the person I see in him. I think he tried to do the right thing and got shafted by ABC and a lot of other people as well. They are the one's who should be called jerks. Anyway, I sent Brad a picture scrapbook of his experience being "The Bachelor" and all I really want to know is if he got it and did he like it? I spent many hours putting it together. Tell him there are still people who like him and think he is awesome!
    Too Analytical,

    Thanks a lot for taking the time to put the scrapbook together. He hasn't recieved it though! Please PM me the address you sent it to. No signs of a scrapbook though

  10. #1020
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    175

    Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

    As time has passed since my initial shock of the final rose ceremony, I am glad Brad didnt ask Deanna to marry him just because it was expected. Better to follow his instincts no matter what they were and not get her hopes up even more.

    Also, babyfaceC, you are right. The bars were never mentioned. He was careful what he said on the show.

    I feel bad for Deanna but eventually she will see that if he didnt really love her it was best to end it before it really began. At least if it were my daughters I would feel that way.

    I hope they both can continue on a normal life and not be bombarded by the press. Neither one will have a problem finding that perfect person.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.