+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 209 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2090

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2705428;
    Based solely on my experience with men: That is exactly the type of reasoning that women apply and which compels men to ROLL their eyes and throw up their hands in frustration. I just am not sure that most men are really capable of that level of finessing, I think it's more of a female thing requiring higher lever communication skills.
    Maybe you're right... maybe it is a female thing... I just like to state very clearly what I mean, and I like others to do the same! My best friend is the kind of person talks in riddles all the time. Now since she's my best friend, I can understand better than others what she really wants to say, but sometimes it just drives me crazy and I'm like "For God's sake, just say what you want to say!!!"
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2705289;
    You see us Bettina fans are having fun on the yacht in a fantasy way. We wish her well and is playing with it. If you read the thread you will see what we are about. Every one deserves a second chance, even Deanna the thing is Brad did not look Bettina in her eyes and said I can not tell you that I love you but he did that to Deanna there is a difference. Bettina home town date was the thing that cost her not to go further but we agree everything happens for a reason. Brad told Deanna not 1 but 2 times we are over so that is why it would be fitting to let it go. We know B and B wont be getting back together but we can have fun fantasing. He did not chose anyone and it is his life, I still respect his decision and wish all well.

I also wonder if during the broadcast of the show he might have seen what she said and that make his decision more final if he was thinking of giving her a second chance. I know not a lot of people would agree with me but she was very abrasive, bullyish and calculating, and at the AFRC I felt manipulating wanting him to take her back, she was like she was with the girls almost bullying wanting another chance even when he said no.

I noticed on another post that Randy Andy posted her..can you imagine the two of them together? I hope she is to smart for that.

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2705279;
    i appreciate finalefans posts as well. personally, having had a brad in my life...it gives one a clearer vision as to what he needs to do. i don't hate brad...but i dislike intensely his treatment of women that i have seen, his claims to so honest, yet he lied repeatedly, and lied very convincingly, and i dislike intensely the spin that the dc team is putting out there. it was like brad is a total contradiction...he wants to be seen as an honest good old boy, the southern gentleman...but he was no gentleman at the frc, afrc...or since, and he was not honest..even with himself.

for me, hearing all the hype before the show, and hearing the lies in the interviews...i fell for the myth of who brad wanted to be seen as. it was not until the frc where it was like he flipped a switch...where this man's ugly, angry, impatient, cowardly and disrespectful to women side came to the forefront. i have been there before and saw the switch flipped, just as brad's did. to me...having bought into the myth that brad wanted to find a loving partner...he had certainly by his own words found that in deanna, so for him to lead her on, blindside her, cut her off at the knees and then toss her into the limo without any kind of plausible explanation...was disgusting. and then i questioned all the myths from the beginning and i saw a lack of sincerity, right down to brad's motivations for even doing tb.

with all that brad stated he wanted, and by his own loving descriptions, he had found in deanna...it would only make sense to allow them a chance for more to grow away from the cameras. if the caterpillars he was having did not develop into butterflies, and they parted after the fact, well i would have good on ya for trying, and best of luck to both of you. you gave it a chance, and i would have respected that. deanna was not worthy in his opinion of even a cup of coffee at starbucks away from the cameras...this woman that he could see a lifetime with. it doesn't even make sense, and i dislike intensely that brad would state in interviews how happy he was, wanting to scream it from the rooftops and that it was a pretty good finale. HUH? there was nothing pretty good about that finale at all for me, and now he playing the victim of his selfinflicted broken heart.

i believed all of brad's lies at the beginning...but now that i have seen the ugly side of brad..that is not someone i can respect. brad has admitted issues that he needs help with, and i wish his dc team would not be in denial and get him help..he seems cowardly, has women, commitment and anger issues, and i no longer see brad as sincere at all. i no longer believe anything coming out of his mouth, as he has just stated too many lies,and he is a walking, talking contradiction. i hope his family get him some help...

even had brad taken any responsibility or accountability for his actions and shown some remorse, that would have helped me in beginning to respect him again..but on extra, he stated he did not lead the women on. if that is how brad truly feels...then this is a man that i could never respect, or like at this point. jmo thanks
    karey
    Excellent post Karey and very well said, and the bottom line is that Drab just doesnt get it and i dont think he will since he has shown no remorse, not including the phoney woe is me Ellen performance, and treats women like garbage with his mixed messages and so on and has to have a dc team doing all his talking instead of being a man and taking some responsibility for himself.
    He is just shameless

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2705398;
    I merely used your post as a springboard to make a point about Bachelor contestants being historically more famewhores than genuinely interested in finding love. Brad has seen the show supposedly since the beginning and as such he should have known that the success rate is dismal to put it mildly. What would compel anybody to still sign up for the show in view of such statistics? Well, the most logical answer is that they want something out of it such as 15 minutes of fame and the opportunity to increase awareness about their business. It's not such a farfteched thought, really, and we've seen it with all the previous Bachelors, with the exception of possibly Alex since he had no point of reference at all.
    Famewhore i hadnt heard that one before but its great description for Drab

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2705279;
    i appreciate finalefans posts as well. personally, having had a brad in my life...it gives one a clearer vision as to what he needs to do.

I do agree that if you've had a "Brad" in your life, you (not as you, KareyR2, but "you" in general) may judge him more harshly.

It's a shame, because I liked him quite a bit up until the FRC -- not because he didn't pick anyone, but because of the contradictions I saw in his words and behaviors vs. his other words and other behaviors -- but that makes sense because the type of man I liken Brad to is very good at reeling in that fish that he never intended to keep in the first place.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 12-04-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2705507;
    I do agree that if you've had a "Brad" in your life, you (not as you, KareyR2, but "you" in general) may judge him more harshly.

It's a shame, because I liked him quite a bit up until the FRC -- not because he didn't pick anyone, but because of the contradictions I saw in his words and behaviors vs. his other words and other behaviors -- but that makes sense because the type of man I liken Brad to is very good at reeling in that fish that he never intended to keep in the first place.
    That is exactly how I feel, finalefan. Its the ending of the show that did it for me.

FORT Fan

Yea, the ending and the shameful ATFR, i dont think ive ever seen anything so callous, it was disgraceful to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2705521;
    That is exactly how I feel, finalefan. Its the ending of the show that did it for me.
    I agree with that as well. It was specifically the way the ending was handled as well as the way that ATFR was handled too.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2705425;
    I saw the same thing you did with Deanna's personality. She is a pretty girl, but true beauty comes from within, I did not see that with Deanna.

I could not understand her even being willing to get back with Brad, even if he ask, after the FRC.
    Brad said he couldn't look DeAnna in the eye ( like she has only one ) and tell her he loved her. I knew this from the start. I kept wondering and asking just what the DeAnna fans were seeing that I couldn't. She didn't get the greatest edit.

Both girls are by far, better off. Lets face it, Brad did them and himself a favor. I totally can see where he could love all of Deanna's qualities, but not love the total package. There was obviously something there that Brad didn't like. It's like asking a kid what's wrong and they say, "nothing". He knows whats wrong, but the best way to explain it to her is to say that he isn't in love with her. He's not going to come out and tell her what it is and hurt her feelings more. She was obviously lacking something that Brad kept him from having those butterflies. I was taken back in her last interview with a newspaper when she said McCarten was greatest women she has ever met, or words to that effect. Water does seek it's own level. I don't know her, but I have deep reservations about her and the beauty within.

I really think looking back that DeAnna was the best choice if her was to have chosen anyone. She's tough and she'd do well dealing with the bar scene and Brads workaholic ways. Brads mother having all boys in the family and the situations that the mother put them through, DeAnna would make it over Jenni if indeed anyone would make it. Jenni would have been swallowed alive.
    Not All Truths Have To Be Spoken

I find it strange that perfection and beauty within whatever is required for The Bachelor and his Bachettes, but overlooked -and often despicable human traits glorified - with other reality shows such as Big Brother... Nobody is perfect and as far as I can see the F1 and F2 and even the Bachelor this year beat many in human decency... Just my 2 cents.

+ Reply to Thread