+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Hi I am new here but have watched every season of Bachelor except missed some of season 2. I too was shocked at this ending...but somehow felt it coming when the "visit with his family" seemed so cold and the two "final dates" seemed more like Brad was conducting interviews??

My new idea is that maybe during the time with his family, Brad was given a note/message from his "ex" by his brother/s?? Maybe he did start texting with her...and decided that to dump both Jenny and Deanna in order to have a future with his ex?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie8863;2683218;
    First, I have to say I have enjoyed reading all the posts on the board the past few months. I am so happy I found FORT!

Although I do agree that Brad has the right to not choose anyone, I did not like his treatment towards Deanna. He cut her off to tell her he needed to walk her to the car. And the comment about her closing herself off???? What did he expect? I was fooled into believing he had found the one...just by his interviews. Perhaps it was a "shame on me" for reading more into his words...but there are so many others on this board who felt the same way.

I do not know how he goes from being attracted to someone, feeling they are his soulmate...to totally dumping them and wanting them out of his life. Sure, if you don't feel like you can commit to an engagement, can't use the word love...I can understand. They certainly have not had a lot of time. But how do the feelings go away and turn into nothing? Wasn't there enough of a spark to want to continue dating, getting to know the person??? This is my most perplexing thought...to go from having so many feelings...to not having any??? To go from, I think of you all the time, your kiss made me feel a way I have never felt before...to goodbye??? Wow! To me it felt like..okay game over...goodbye. Sad, sad way to end it all!!!!

I have watched a few of The Bachelors, not all of them. I really felt this year was a sincere, honest season, in which a man was looking for love. It seemed as if that was the case every week. He showed some very serious feelings toward the end...then game over...goodbye. He was not even vested enough to attempt to continue a relationship...to try to build on what was started. I must've missed the episode when he quit having feelings, touching, kissing and making hopeful statements to the women. The episode where he felt they were all just friends, no sparks no thoughts of a future and no spoken words of a future to the women. He was looking for a wife, looking for love...honestly????

Well for me...game over...goodbye!!!!
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel the same exact way. There are many great people out there where one could describe all the great qualities they have and yet not feel that connection or be interested in them. That's understandable. However, his comments about Deanna were about how wonderful SHE MADE HIM FEEL. That's what I don't get. He obviously had feelings for her and if he was even remotely serious coming into this about finding a wife he would have given the relationship time to grow in the real world to see if that was ever a possiblity.

FORT Fanatic

Maybe someone already posted this but I haven't read every single page in this thread so I'll go full speed ahead with my thoughts.

Maybe Brad did have some feelings for Jenni and Deanna. Maybe they weren't love but a little more than friendship (whatever that is). Maybe sometime during the filming he got back with a former girlfriend and it was too late to stop the show or walk away. It would have been sensible for him to go to Fleiss and tell him the truth.

What would they have done? Well, they couldn't change Bachelors mid-stream and they couldn't stop the show so they did the next best thing (for their mentality)......they probably lied and made Brad lie to fulfill his contract with them. He didn't tell either girl that he loved them so maybe he felt that he wasn't doing that much damage to them. Maybe he hinted at things but we never saw it and the girls didn't want to see or hear it.

Jenni held a part of herself back because she was obviously worried about being embarrased on television; she said as much. Deanna had their entire life planned out up to and including Brad putting the toilet seat down and how to handle it if he didn't. She was really far more into him and the dream of the happy ending than Jenni was, imo.

Maybe Brad realized that Jenni was going to be committed to the Suns for the time being and Deanna was way too controlling for a guy who's been single for so long.

Maybe none of the above is true....I am doing what so many others are doing...trying to make sense out of nonsense.

Will this hurt future Bachelor shows......I doubt it. The entire premise is nuts to begin with and we all know that they don't turn out the way we hope they will. Yet, we keep coming back for more so why should a skittish bachelor change that? The dream is still out there and still attainable so why not keep watching and keep hoping? I think that most of us will.

I thought of something else to add here:

How many girls have dated a guy for a couple of months and believed that he was "the one"? How many have been told that they are perfect and that the guy they are dating is crazy about them and can see a future with them? How many have believed with all of their hearts that this guy is going to be in it for the long haul and eventually marry them? I would bet that the numbers are too high to count and that what happened between Jenni, Deanna and Brad is a very common occurence in the real world. The only oddity is that usually there is only one guy and one girl involved and not 25 whittled down to two.

Isn't this just a couple of relationships that started out well and ended badly? The difference is several million people are in on the process and cameras are following the characters around for the entire relationship.

I also asked myself if I would have felt more satisfied if Brad had proposed to one of them, given her a ring and announced his undying love on every interview he was obligated to give and then a few months later, I would read that they broke up? The answer is NO. That has been the outcome for all but two of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows and it was always disappointing and sad. At least this time he didn't drag it out.
    Last edited by memorylane; 11-20-2007 at 08:12 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2683419;
    Will this hurt future Bachelor shows......I doubt it. The entire premise is nuts to begin with and we all know that they don't turn out the way we hope they will. Yet, we keep coming back for more so why should a skittish bachelor change that? The dream is still out there and still attainable so why not keep watching and keep hoping? I think that most of us will.

I thought of something else to add here:

How many girls have dated a guy for a couple of months and believed that he was "the one"?
    I'm still picking up my chin. I actually think the Finale will help future bachelor shows. I agree with not dragging out the inevitable.

I said this a few weeks ago that Jenni and Deanna should be the next Bachelorettes like a tag team. and the Brad should have picked Bettina. not that I was a huge Bettina fan in the end. well glad that's over last night was painful to watch, oh yeah I'll be watching tonight.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;2683366;
    Hi I am new here but have watched every season of Bachelor except missed some of season 2. I too was shocked at this ending...but somehow felt it coming when the "visit with his family" seemed so cold and the two "final dates" seemed more like Brad was conducting interviews??

My new idea is that maybe during the time with his family, Brad was given a note/message from his "ex" by his brother/s?? Maybe he did start texting with her...and decided that to dump both Jenny and Deanna in order to have a future with his ex?
    Hi estygal! it's your second post and I thought I'd reply to something you said, about the visits with his family.

Those were the briefest, least satisfying family visits ever. The producers knew what was coming and didnt waste the time on them. In fact, the entire season was so rushed and shortened and chopped into bits, they could barely fit in all the requisite Bachelor formula moments. Brad was a pretty decent bachelor, they had some great girls to work with, but they pretty much blew the show off this season. And ABC decided that the Bachelor could be cut at random to fit programming needs-every time Dancing W/Stars ran over, The Bachelor took the cut. Bet that'll happen tonite too.

The Bachelor fans really should communicate with ABC, let them know that the fans dont appreciate chopping up the Bachelor. Let 'em tell DWS to shorten up the show some.

Could be Brad's back with his x, that's the rumor from the other boards. One thing puzzles me a little. If he was going to choose neither, why make a bigger deal out of Deanna's rejection? Why, in effect, choose Deanna to reject her? Wny not treat both women equally?
    Last edited by onewally; 11-20-2007 at 09:02 PM.

As I've said before, my issue has never been his decision, but the way he handled things, particularly with DeAnna, and especially how some of his interview answers look in retrospect. I know the questions would be tough to give responses to that wouldn't draw the wraith of, or threats of being sued from TPTB, but there was no reason to go as far as he did and sound quite so cold.

However, flip-flopping back and forth as to his motivations as my various posts show, I've decided now (or at least, for now, lol) that he probably did have good intentions, but has the disabilities of not being able to think quickly, little introspection, and general slowness overall. I know it sounds mean, but I have just seen no evidence of wit or understanding from this guy. Probably a good, basic guy at heart, but just comes out too bluntly with what he is really thinking, gets defensive easily, and maybe let his ego get the best of him when encouraging the girls to open up, maybe rationalizing it as giving them a chance to change his mind. He may have wanted to do what he thought was the right thing, but dug himself in a hole, and everything he said came off wrong. Since his motivations can't really be determined, innocent until proven guilty, I guess.

However, though I know rumors are mostly bull, if it turns out to be true that he was in contact with his ex the whole time and is with her now, he'll go from "simple" to "JERK!" quite quickly in my book.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2683564;
    .... If he was going to choose neither, why make a bigger deal out of Deanna's rejection? Why, in effect, choose Deanna to reject her? Why not treat both women equally?
    Good thought there, since he obviously knew what he was going to do why didn't he have both women show up at the same time and he can jump the shark with a bit more class, say no to both and it's still the most shocking final rose ever!
    Instead, he screws up even more by telling Deanna that he said goodbye to Jenni ... so she's thinking she's the one... he realizes it, panics and jumps off the 'alter' !!
    Really, she should have slapped him at least once, he desrved it!

+ Reply to Thread