+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

I just thought of something. If DD, in fact, felt jilted and broken hearted why send Brad such a friendly upbeat Halloween message/pic on the bar website?

Quote Originally Posted by mears25;2682961;
    I just thought of something. If DD, in fact, felt jilted and broken hearted why send Brad such a friendly upbeat Halloween message/pic on the bar website?
    The DeAnna I saw in the previews for ATFR, did not look happy and upbeat. She looked ticked off. And rightly so.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mears25;2682961;
    It was a picture from last year and DeAnna didn't sent it. It was a friend of hers I think who did.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2682965;
    The DeAnna I saw in the previews for ATFR, did not look happy and upbeat. She looked ticked off. And rightly so.
    But if you also notice she was holding Brad's hand on the couch.

I also want to add that didn't Brad's mom ask Brad if he could see himself marrying Deanna and he replied that he could? Either that did happen or I had too much wine last night! LOL!

[QUOTE=josieb;2682729;] At first, in the scene where he stepped off the podium after telling DD he just said goodbye to Jenni, I thought, oh, oh, he's regretting sending Jenni home, but after thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion, he just never had any plan of choosing either of the women. This is confirmed by his repeated declarations of DD not needing him. I think he was just scared DD might just punch him.

As soon as I saw Brad panic, I thought that he realized that he had just misspoke! Right when he finished that phrase (I just sent Jenni home) DD stood up straighter and got a smile on her face as she realized that she was the one. I think Brad saw that and realized Oh Crap! I just made her believe that I am picking her! That tie was choking the heck out of him then! He never was going to choose either of them if you ask me. And Fleiss and his camera crews all knew it. Can't you just image the sinister pre-taping planning sessions with the camera crew? "Now be sure to zoom in on that quivvering lip as he crushes her heart." It's all pretty sick.
    Last edited by Aimless99; 11-20-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Sheesh, That finale really smelled. Okay, if Brad wasn’t in love with either woman, fine – to need to force it. But why pick out an engagement ring? Wouldn’t a “promise ring” have been better? HA! Or he could have just asked both of them to “continue the journey” (and the sex).

When he was talking to Deanna and suddenly asked her to wait a minute and started pacing, I thought he was looking for a place to take a leak. The way he flaked out was lame.

I heard on another board that Brad starting pacing and playing with his collar right away and that they ahd to splice the FRC to make it suspenseful.

I just realized this about something that was bothering me and others on the board....

When Deanna was walking towards Brad her hair was over her one shoulder and when she got to the podium it was over the opposite shoulder.

I think the FRC with Deanna was edited heavily.

I also think that he just said goodby to Jenni really bothered him especially when he saw Jenni's reaction.

First, I have to say I have enjoyed reading all the posts on the board the past few months. I am so happy I found FORT!

Although I do agree that Brad has the right to not choose anyone, I did not like his treatment towards Deanna. He cut her off to tell her he needed to walk her to the car. And the comment about her closing herself off???? What did he expect? I was fooled into believing he had found the one...just by his interviews. Perhaps it was a "shame on me" for reading more into his words...but there are so many others on this board who felt the same way.

I do not know how he goes from being attracted to someone, feeling they are his soulmate...to totally dumping them and wanting them out of his life. Sure, if you don't feel like you can commit to an engagement, can't use the word love...I can understand. They certainly have not had a lot of time. But how do the feelings go away and turn into nothing? Wasn't there enough of a spark to want to continue dating, getting to know the person??? This is my most perplexing thought...to go from having so many feelings...to not having any??? To go from, I think of you all the time, your kiss made me feel a way I have never felt before...to goodbye??? Wow! To me it felt like..okay game over...goodbye. Sad, sad way to end it all!!!!

I have watched a few of The Bachelors, not all of them. I really felt this year was a sincere, honest season, in which a man was looking for love. It seemed as if that was the case every week. He showed some very serious feelings toward the end...then game over...goodbye. He was not even vested enough to attempt to continue a relationship...to try to build on what was started. I must've missed the episode when he quit having feelings, touching, kissing and making hopeful statements to the women. The episode where he felt they were all just friends, no sparks no thoughts of a future and no spoken words of a future to the women. He was looking for a wife, looking for love...honestly????

Well for me...game over...goodbye!!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Katmouse;2682615;

What amazes me and angers me is this - I'm a REAL black and white kind of gal myself, but my GOD you have got to give a girl (or guy) a CHANCE, you have to allow the relationship to develop over time and that IS gray. Love really isn't, can't be, shouldn't be black and white, cut and dried, on or off. They've lived in a fishbowl for 8ish weeks and I can't believe Brad is THAT great of an actor to have been faking his "deep feelings" for Jenni and DeAnna. I mean really people, he can barely string 5 words together and yet many of us are saying he was a "great actor"? No, I don't think so. Therefore, that begs the question as to what the HECK happened?

I do not understand how Brad, or anyone, can profess such "deep feelings" for someone, or how he can say how very much he cared for both of these women, and then just cut them loose without so much as an invitation to pursue whatever "deep feelings" were there AFTER the show ended to see where the relationship might go! THAT is what pisses me off. How he could just go on and on for the last 2-3 weeks now about these deep feelings and just suddenly it's "poof, you're gone"!?! What they REALLY deserved, and what any man with an OUNCE of class would have done, is offer some sort of explanation - even a stupid explanation is better than NO explanation! I understand, and even respect, him for not proposing - what I do NOT respect is the very blatant stringing along of J & D both. And what's with buying the ring?? Did he ALWAYS have no intention of proposing to either? Did he intend to and something happen we were not privvy to that changed his mind at the last minute?

He clearly seemed to have an easier time letting Jenni go, IMHO. There wasn't the stammering and stuttering, pulling at the collar and tie, panic attack like behavior with her that he displayed with DeAnna - which further points to the fact he DID intend to propose SOMETHING with DeAnna, maybe not marriage but at least a "let's see where this goes after the show ends" proposal. He had a harder time letting DeAnna leave after the family date, he was MUCH more animated and excited to see DeAnn on the Last Chance date, and he had a much, MUCH harder time dealing with the aftermath of what he did to DeAnna than Jenni - again, MHO. He said what he had to say to Jenni and then put her in the car. With DeAnna, he struggled, he tried to talk to her, he seemed so reluctant when he told her he "ha[d] to walk [her] to the car now". It really seemed tough on him with DeAnna and I go back to my previous statement that Brad just is NOT that talented an actor for all that to have been fake. So again I ask, WHAT happened? The voice-over as her limo was arriving was all about how he'd waited for someone like DeAnna his entire life, she was the perfect package, blah blah, great wife and even better Mother, blah blah - I don't see how he could ever explain himself and I think the more he might try, the bigger and deeper the hole he will dig for himself.

Committment phobe? Already had rekindled something with the ex? Or like my DH said "35 and never married, he's gay". NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WHO IS GAY, my best friend is gay - it was just an observation on my husband's part and a way to attempt to reconcile what happened. My DH, by the way, DESPISES reality TV and The Bachelor in particular, but he too got suckered in with Brad, mostly because of DeAnna.

I haven't seen, heard, or read any interviews with Brad, but reading here I understand he has made statements about being happy, happy with the outcome, etc., which I find not only blatantly misleading, but completely classless. What a slap in the face to both of these women - as if humiliating them last night was not enough, to go into interviews and state how happy he is with the outcome just throws boxes and boxes of salt onto their open wounds, because both Jenni * DeAnna clearly had REAL feelings for him!

I know several posters have commented about DeAnna being "controlling" because of the comments last night about the toilet seat, laundry, etc., and I find it so interesting that people equate that to controlling! How many women do any of us know who do NOT care about those things? How many of US don't care about those things? First, I find it completely normal that she has a strong opinion on laundry, dishes, and toilet seats - but more to the point, I found that entire exchange between D and Brad to be just playful banter and I don't think either of them took those comments nearly as seriously as several posters here have. I thought it was just a cute and playful exchange between them and indicitive of what I perceived their relationship to be - honest, easy, and real. Clearly I was wrong.

I'm also furious with ABC. First, I can't believe The Bachelor is even still on given their ever-declining ratings and their horrible track record. But it is (or was - this may have sealed the deal) and ABC has touted this series for weeks now with teasers that led us ALL to believe a happy ending was in store. Granted they got the "most shocking FRC ever" right, but they eluded to a shocking ending that was much more happy that the actual shocking ending was. I would LOVE to know how far in advance of the taping of the FRC that Chris Harrison, Fleiss, or anyone knew what Brad was going to do - OR did he dupe them as well?

I doubt very seriously much of anything substantive will come from ATFRC tonight - assuming I even watch. But really, what more can Brad say that he hasn't already stumbled and fumbled through saying? How many more times to Jennie and/or DeAnna need to hear that he didn't love them and/or didn't see a future with them??

Ok, ranting over. There's more I could say but what's the point. I'm angry, disappointed, and so sad for both Jenni and DeAnna. But the only good thing is this absolutely CONFIRMS I will never watch another Bachelor! This was a HUGE reminder about why I quit watching several bachelors ago!

Thanks for letting me vent!
    Kathy a/k/a Katmouse
    Great post! I agree with you 100%!

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

O.k. I just watched it again.. what's 4 hours of reading the threads and then the show again... I'm befuddled...

If it was editing that showed Brad jump off the podium in the middle and he did in fact jump off at the beginning .. the fact was .. he jumped off .. and left DeAnna hanging there .. for how long .. I couldn't begin to guess .. I am guessing it wasn't for that short time that they made it look like...

Shame on Brad for that .. I do respect that he followed his heart ... (although personally I think he was heartless in the way he treated both Jenni and DeAnna and not just the leading them on as others are saying .. )... It was the statements "I care so much for you" ... "you're everything to me" .. but Sorry... Buh bye! I even "got" it when he was telling DeAnna that he couldn't look her in her eyes and say he loved her .. fear does that to a guy ..

So Kudo's to both Jenni and DeAnna .. to have come across as pretty classy ladies through all of this. May they both truly find the men of their dreams!

And unfortunately .. I think Brad is a lot like my brother .. doomed to be single his entire life because his expectations are unattainable. (Gee I guess they only looked good on paper....)
    Wasting away another summer...

+ Reply to Thread