+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 647

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

  1. #611
    The Mad Artist RandalR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA/Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,511

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2682587;
    Did you hear last night that several poster said that Brad actually flew DeAnna's father out there to ask him for her hand in marriage in person? I guess it was a last minute decision. I can't imagine how DeAnna's father is feeling about this. I am sure he did all he could to console his little girl.
    Like I said on the other thread, I think he was all set to give DeAnna the Final Rose even if he wasn't sure it would last, but something happened on that last date that changed his mind - after the lasagna but before DeAnna's eye-fluttering act. The energy and body language between the two looked completely different in the two scenes.

    Maybe they had their first fight at a spectacularly bad time?

  2. #612
    Long time lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    27

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tiawright1;2682406;
    I am wondering if anyone else feels like there is something more?

    I mean I know this season was so "shocking" and different... but honestly look at these women. I am a complete DeDe fan from day 1 but I think that both DeDe and Jenni are GREAT girls. How could someone just blow them off.

    What do you think will happen tonight?
    I feel the same way, I just feel like it's not completely over. At the very least, I'd like to hear what Brad has to say about what happened. To me, he seemed like the most sincere and genuine bachelor they've had and I just don't want to believe that he would reject both of them and not even want to date, especially since he seemed so crazy about both of them. When they showed him sitting with the ring afterwards, it looked like his eyes were red and his face looked blotchy. I think he had been crying. Someone who is a player and insincere wouldn't have cried. Who knows what really happened with editing and all. I know I'm probably just a hopeless romantic but I'm still holding out for a happy ending tonight.

  3. #613
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;2681905;
    Jumped the shark. No more of these shows, please....
    AMEN! I'm reasonably new here and a first time poster. First, I want to make it clear that Brad is not FROM my great state of Texas - he just moved here!

    I quit watching TB after Trista/Ryan, maybe a random epi now and again, but I didn't watch beginning to end after Trista until Andy - and now Brad. For the record, I read in a previous post someone said Andy/Tessa broke up - according to the statement released, they called off their engagement, but are still together - reason given was an upcoming change in his assignment with the Navy, which having some military experience I can see this scenario as legit - but I digress.

    So I thought I'd watch this run of TB because Brad was from Austin. The first few weeks it was just needed comic relief every Monday night - Mostly because of the quick witted man I'm married to and his keen observations about Brad, his lack of vocabulary, his personality which my husband compared to a tree stump, etc. But as the weeks wore on I kind of got into it again because I really BELIEVED all the BS Brad spoon fed everyone about his sincerity, wanting a wife, etc. How I got suckered again I'm not yet sure, but I'll take it up with my therapist to be sure

    What amazes me and angers me is this - I'm a REAL black and white kind of gal myself, but my GOD you have got to give a girl (or guy) a CHANCE, you have to allow the relationship to develop over time and that IS gray. Love really isn't, can't be, shouldn't be black and white, cut and dried, on or off. They've lived in a fishbowl for 8ish weeks and I can't believe Brad is THAT great of an actor to have been faking his "deep feelings" for Jenni and DeAnna. I mean really people, he can barely string 5 words together and yet many of us are saying he was a "great actor"? No, I don't think so. Therefore, that begs the question as to what the HECK happened?

    I do not understand how Brad, or anyone, can profess such "deep feelings" for someone, or how he can say how very much he cared for both of these women, and then just cut them loose without so much as an invitation to pursue whatever "deep feelings" were there AFTER the show ended to see where the relationship might go! THAT is what pisses me off. How he could just go on and on for the last 2-3 weeks now about these deep feelings and just suddenly it's "poof, you're gone"!?! What they REALLY deserved, and what any man with an OUNCE of class would have done, is offer some sort of explanation - even a stupid explanation is better than NO explanation! I understand, and even respect, him for not proposing - what I do NOT respect is the very blatant stringing along of J & D both. And what's with buying the ring?? Did he ALWAYS have no intention of proposing to either? Did he intend to and something happen we were not privvy to that changed his mind at the last minute?

    He clearly seemed to have an easier time letting Jenni go, IMHO. There wasn't the stammering and stuttering, pulling at the collar and tie, panic attack like behavior with her that he displayed with DeAnna - which further points to the fact he DID intend to propose SOMETHING with DeAnna, maybe not marriage but at least a "let's see where this goes after the show ends" proposal. He had a harder time letting DeAnna leave after the family date, he was MUCH more animated and excited to see DeAnn on the Last Chance date, and he had a much, MUCH harder time dealing with the aftermath of what he did to DeAnna than Jenni - again, MHO. He said what he had to say to Jenni and then put her in the car. With DeAnna, he struggled, he tried to talk to her, he seemed so reluctant when he told her he "ha[d] to walk [her] to the car now". It really seemed tough on him with DeAnna and I go back to my previous statement that Brad just is NOT that talented an actor for all that to have been fake. So again I ask, WHAT happened? The voice-over as her limo was arriving was all about how he'd waited for someone like DeAnna his entire life, she was the perfect package, blah blah, great wife and even better Mother, blah blah - I don't see how he could ever explain himself and I think the more he might try, the bigger and deeper the hole he will dig for himself.

    Committment phobe? Already had rekindled something with the ex? Or like my DH said "35 and never married, he's gay". NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE WHO IS GAY, my best friend is gay - it was just an observation on my husband's part and a way to attempt to reconcile what happened. My DH, by the way, DESPISES reality TV and The Bachelor in particular, but he too got suckered in with Brad, mostly because of DeAnna.

    I haven't seen, heard, or read any interviews with Brad, but reading here I understand he has made statements about being happy, happy with the outcome, etc., which I find not only blatantly misleading, but completely classless. What a slap in the face to both of these women - as if humiliating them last night was not enough, to go into interviews and state how happy he is with the outcome just throws boxes and boxes of salt onto their open wounds, because both Jenni * DeAnna clearly had REAL feelings for him!

    I know several posters have commented about DeAnna being "controlling" because of the comments last night about the toilet seat, laundry, etc., and I find it so interesting that people equate that to controlling! How many women do any of us know who do NOT care about those things? How many of US don't care about those things? First, I find it completely normal that she has a strong opinion on laundry, dishes, and toilet seats - but more to the point, I found that entire exchange between D and Brad to be just playful banter and I don't think either of them took those comments nearly as seriously as several posters here have. I thought it was just a cute and playful exchange between them and indicitive of what I perceived their relationship to be - honest, easy, and real. Clearly I was wrong.

    I'm also furious with ABC. First, I can't believe The Bachelor is even still on given their ever-declining ratings and their horrible track record. But it is (or was - this may have sealed the deal) and ABC has touted this series for weeks now with teasers that led us ALL to believe a happy ending was in store. Granted they got the "most shocking FRC ever" right, but they eluded to a shocking ending that was much more happy that the actual shocking ending was. I would LOVE to know how far in advance of the taping of the FRC that Chris Harrison, Fleiss, or anyone knew what Brad was going to do - OR did he dupe them as well?

    I doubt very seriously much of anything substantive will come from ATFRC tonight - assuming I even watch. But really, what more can Brad say that he hasn't already stumbled and fumbled through saying? How many more times to Jennie and/or DeAnna need to hear that he didn't love them and/or didn't see a future with them??

    Ok, ranting over. There's more I could say but what's the point. I'm angry, disappointed, and so sad for both Jenni and DeAnna. But the only good thing is this absolutely CONFIRMS I will never watch another Bachelor! This was a HUGE reminder about why I quit watching several bachelors ago!

    Thanks for letting me vent!
    Kathy a/k/a Katmouse
    Last edited by Katmouse; 11-20-2007 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Misspelled words led to unclear sentiments!

  4. #614
    Premium Member soccermama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On the soccer field...
    Posts
    2,281

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tiawright1;2682507;
    So, I'm not sure if this is correct... BUT, I was lurking around the ABC Message Boards and someone has said that there is a twist tonight and it involves a third-party and that Brad proposes. Man, I am really into this thing -- Kinda scares me... BUT ANYWAYS -- What if Brad proposes to DeAnna but only first asking her father. Her father being the third party???
    I have been a DeAnna fan since day one and I hope that does not happen! DeAnna deserves so much more than that. As does Jenni, Bettina, Sheena, and Hillary.

  5. #615
    FORT Voyeur Aceon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Don't think DeAnna will have him at this point. She appeared to be over him about 2 minutes into the limo ride.

  6. #616
    Hopeless romantic Estella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2682639;
    Don't think DeAnna will have him at this point. She appeared to be over him about 2 minutes into the limo ride.
    Right, that's why she's crying really hard in the previews for the AT(no)FR and saying that the only person she trusted in that whole process broke her heart
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

  7. #617
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by bgh88;2682392;
    I completely agree, and I've thought so all along. When DeAnna speaks it like shes saying everything with a straight face, no hint of emotion. I've felt all along that DeAnna was one of the least sincere throughout the season. I dont know...Maybe its just because I'm a fan of Jenni, but DeAnna seems to be...idk...just not showing the emotions of one whos falling in love...most people get emotional when they feel so strongly, genuinely about something. DeAnna seriously lacked in that area in my opinion.
    Bear in mind, DeAnna lost her mother at a young age and was raised in those troublesome teen years by her Dad. No matter how great a Dad is, he's no replacement for a Mom when it comes to learning about relationships, learning how to express emotions, etc. I NEVER got the vibe that DeAnna was insincere - I got the vibe she was laying it all out there, scared to death to do so because of hurts in her past, but that she was willing to because she was in love with Brad. I don't think it's fair to judge her level of emotion or sincerity because we all know this show is edited to pieces. I interpreted her relative lack of facial expression to be stemming from a place of total fear of her feelings and of potentially being hurt and losing another person she loves - not insincerity.

    Funny, just a week ago everyone was talking about how real and intense and emotion filled Brad and DeAnna's kiss at the dinner table was (on their fantasy date).

    I just really believe DeAnna was serious and sincere - just scared to freakin' death of her feelings and of putting them out there knowing she could be rejected and hurt. And not having a Mom to lean on ... well, I just feel sorry for her.

  8. #618
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tiawright1;2682428;
    I don't mean to be rude... I know that you have an opinion... But honestly, have you ever thought that maybe some people in this world show their emotions differently. I know that people think that she is harsh but seriously she lost her mother at age 12. That was really hard on her. She has had to learn to be strong. That is a really tough thing to go through when you are 12. Her family is so close and I couldn't seem to imagine going through something like that. She is older than Chrissy and probably felt like she had to be strong for her brother and sister. Big sisters do that. Now, I'm not putting you down for anything you are saying but, I am asking you to think about *what you know* of her life and try and understand those things before you bash her. The producers wanted you to see that she was a strong person... but they also wanted you to see that she has feelings and I really think she was sincere throughout this whole thing. Even though she isn't the most emotional person - doesn't mean that her feelings aren't "real."

    I don't think you're being rude at all. I can see your point of view, good points. Maybe the way she was brought up has something to do with her demeanor. still don't think she was at all into Brad, her eyes, her voice held no emotions, imo, when she spoke. When she was on the date with Jade and Deanna, she was peaking to see what was going on, to me that just doesn't seem right, is she that competitive.

    What I felt about these 2 women has nothing to do with who I liked better.

  9. #619
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Don't know why some of you are slamming Brad, he's a lot better than a lot of men. He was being honest, truthful

  10. #620
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    OK guys, Brad is not proposing to ANYONE! Not gonna happen. Do you honestly believe any of those girls would say yes after all of this...no way.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.