+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2680568;
    rumor has it - it's his EX that is on his mind.
    I don't see anything wrong with this, maybe he appreciates his ex more now after he's see how these women are. These women took a chance, there is no guarantee for love.

As for him looking mean on tonight's show, he might be feeling defensive, being confronted by 2 women on camera. If I were Deanna and Jenni, I'd just forget about Brad, why waste time brooding over what happened. Time to move on.

Brad may have cared deeply for both women and didn't want to hurt them but I feel he did the right thing, at least he was honest with himself and both women.

FORT Regular

I'm fine with the outcome, better to end it right there then lead them on (even more than he already did), plus, the show's contract probably doesn't allow discontinuation of a season until the final rose ceremony. However..what I'm puzzled by is why he didn't pick either Jenni or Deanna, he kept saying Deanna would be a perfect wife/mother, and Jenni was crazy over him. Commitment problems or he knew right there and then that neither one of the ladies would make him happy after the show ended.

After last night I have made a vow to myself. From now on I am not going to be catty and attack ANY of the girls. I will support my favorite but will NOT put down the "competition". I did some of the negative stuff with Dee this season and now I just feel ashamed because I saw a real person with heart last night. I think I understand a bit more how emotionally harsh this is and it's more than just a "show" that we watch that is fiction but is a vehicle to drive our inner need to find romance (possibly in the absence of romance in our own lives). We expect these people to fulfill our own fantasies and, speaking for myself, I get caught up in the competition of it all and become at times insensitive to these real girls (who are probably being hurt by some comments because, as we've seen, they and their loved ones do come here to read what we say...Wow, for me a real lesson in humility was learned last night. And...I am a Christian so double shame on me ie. treat others as you would want to be treated et al.

Quote Originally Posted by tiawright1;2682507;
    So, I'm not sure if this is correct... BUT, I was lurking around the ABC Message Boards and someone has said that there is a twist tonight and it involves a third-party and that Brad proposes. Man, I am really into this thing -- Kinda scares me... BUT ANYWAYS -- What if Brad proposes to DeAnna but only first asking her father. Her father being the third party???
    I highly doubt this...go to DeAnna's spoiler thread and read the post her father wrote today.

FORT Fan

I heard ABC will be having another 'Shaver' episode for their hit Tv show 'Cavemen' and they found the perfect Tool for the part

Quote Originally Posted by nhromantic;2682103;
    Boy do I agree with you. There is a part of me that is really disillusioned right now, but definately I feel as though I participated in some bad scam to hurt these girls. I probably wouldn't feel so bad if he hadn't said the things he did after the fact in his interviews. He has got some serious issues. These girls won't think so for a while probably, but they are WAY BETTER OFF without him in their life. And Fleiss was a big fat A** for editing them the way he did. I won't watch this show again.
    I don't think I will ever understand how or why Fleiss edited the girls the way that the did. There is nothing that could be said to me that would justify it outside of the fact that Fleiss is just a major @$$hole!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaeus;2682113;
    I totally agree with you. Unless it truly was a last second decision then it is definately pyscho to show him buying a ring! Thats why I wanna know if he decided what he was going to do before or after buying the ring.

Did you hear last night that several poster said that Brad actually flew DeAnna's father out there to ask him for her hand in marriage in person? I guess it was a last minute decision. I can't imagine how DeAnna's father is feeling about this. I am sure he did all he could to console his little girl.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tiawright1;2682507;
    So, I'm not sure if this is correct... BUT, I was lurking around the ABC Message Boards and someone has said that there is a twist tonight and it involves a third-party and that Brad proposes. Man, I am really into this thing -- Kinda scares me... BUT ANYWAYS -- What if Brad proposes to DeAnna but only first asking her father. Her father being the third party???
    From the postings on the Bettina board (which are off teh charts), the twist seems that maybe Brad will propose to Bettina in ATFR (why call it ATFR when there is no final rose?). Maybe he bought the ring with Bettina in mind, which is why he let DeAnna and Jennie go. There is also some talk about Bettina's father accepting Brad and Bettina staying over at the hotel after the taping was over. We shall see!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

what i think we witnessed was a truly honest moment - perhaps one of the first on the Bachelor. My take on the night was that Brad made his choice in Deanna and was all set to say goodbye to Jenni even though he knew it would be a hard thing to do.

what he couldn't predict was the intensity of the feelings surrounding Jenni and her departure. I believe they took him off guard, maybe not even truly hitting him until he was standing before Deanna. When they did hit him - it shook him to his core and at that moment he needed to be alone and process them, but he couldn't have that. He had to be on camera in front of millions of viewers and dozens of crew people. Because he is a basically honest person ( I believe), when he faced Deanna he couldn't tell her what he had planned, he couldn't go through with it. Not because he thought he made the wrong choice, but rather because in his mind if he could have so many feelings and such about another woman, how could he be in love with the woman he was standing before? As his mom said earlier in the broadcast, Brad is a black and white kind of guy. With all those emotions spinning his brain around is it any wonder he had to back out and seem a stumbling verbal mess? I think the situation showed an honest emotional fumbling and was not the work of a cad.

i'm really surprised at the amount of people who feel somehow gipped by the ending. for me, it was back to 'reality' tv instead of the producer driven scripted dribble we've become used to.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;2682592;
    From the postings on the Bettina board (which are off teh charts), the twist seems that maybe Brad will propose to Bettina in ATFR (why call it ATFR when there is no final rose?). Maybe he bought the ring with Bettina in mind, which is why he let DeAnna and Jennie go. There is also some talk about Bettina's father accepting Brad and Bettina staying over at the hotel after the taping was over. We shall see!
    Where did you find this info about Bettina father please send me a pm link to it. thanks in advance. Where is the Bettina board please

+ Reply to Thread