+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1050515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2682401;
    Exactly. Whatever she says doesn't seem to come from her heart.
    I don't mean to be rude... I know that you have an opinion... But honestly, have you ever thought that maybe some people in this world show their emotions differently. I know that people think that she is harsh but seriously she lost her mother at age 12. That was really hard on her. She has had to learn to be strong. That is a really tough thing to go through when you are 12. Her family is so close and I couldn't seem to imagine going through something like that. She is older than Chrissy and probably felt like she had to be strong for her brother and sister. Big sisters do that. Now, I'm not putting you down for anything you are saying but, I am asking you to think about *what you know* of her life and try and understand those things before you bash her. The producers wanted you to see that she was a strong person... but they also wanted you to see that she has feelings and I really think she was sincere throughout this whole thing. Even though she isn't the most emotional person - doesn't mean that her feelings aren't "real."

FORT Newbie

Brad, being an owner of 3 bars, I am pretty sure can find those feelings and make them look real. Too bad he was in it for the publicity and kissing girls rather than a real relationship. I personally can not wait for the after the rose show. I hope those girls got over this tool and let him have it. It would be great to watch him get ripped by both girls and the audience!!!!

FORT Newbie

The ending, I am okay with. I would rather there was no big, sweeping proposal if it wasn't genuine.

I am also ok with some of the things that were said during the course of the show. I can see/understand how a person could get caught up in the moment and get carried away.

What I am NOT ok with, is how hardened Brad came across last night. He seemed devoid of emotion, completely. Oh, I know, I know... he is a guy that doesn't like emotional stuff. Very macho. I get that part. But wow, his eyes were just cold.

What I am not ok with is to just cut 2 sweet, beautiful girls off at the knees. So, don't propose. I respect you for that. However, to just put them both in a limo, to never see them again, to never see what could have developed strikes me as very, very odd.

And you know what else struck me as very "off?" How he left DeDe at the podium. It was like he was having an anxiety attack. He was pacing, loosening his collar, like he couldn't breathe, etc. He may be a nice guy, but he's a guy with issues, for sure. I smell a true commitment-phobic.

Iron Mike - I love the sign you gave Doofus - even better than Looser!
    Seriously, even giving Brad the benefit of every doubt, I still think he is an uncouth egomaniac. Even if he really thought he was "in love" with both women why would he keep them both only to reject them both. At least he could have kept Bettina and Deanna then easily told Bettina goodbye and we would all have understood how she was too reserved and her family was unaccepting then dated Deanna to see how it would play out. To disgrace the entire Bachelor concept with his oversized ego only makes all of us realize that the show, the editors, the producers, etc are not interested in love as we romantics think of it but in greed of the almighty dollar. I hope Brad and his business adventures enjoy the publicity, I hope Fleiss enjoys his trip to the bank and I hope we are not expected to enjoy or endure another Bachelor ever.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeDD;2682439;
    The ending, I am okay with. I would rather there was no big, sweeping proposal if it wasn't genuine.

I am also ok with some of the things that were said during the course of the show. I can see/understand how a person could get caught up in the moment and get carried away.

What I am NOT ok with, is how hardened Brad came across last night. He seemed devoid of emotion, completely. Oh, I know, I know... he is a guy that doesn't like emotional stuff. Very macho. I get that part. But wow, his eyes were just cold.

What I am not ok with is to just cut 2 sweet, beautiful girls off at the knees. So, don't propose. I respect you for that. However, to just put them both in a limo, to never see them again, to never see what could have developed strikes me as very, very odd.

And you know what else struck me as very "off?" How he left DeDe at the podium. It was like he was having an anxiety attack. He was pacing, loosening his collar, like he couldn't breathe, etc. He may be a nice guy, but he's a guy with issues, for sure. I smell a true commitment-phobic.
    And I smell an arrogant!! Not proposing fine, manipulating these women repeatedly to expose their feelings on national tv when you KNEW you were not into them....AS@hol#!! Brad must have a huge insecurity problem to need his ego stroked like that. And I do believe he has attachment disorder. Not able to feel or empathize with others!!! ...AND EDITED TO ADD I HOPE HIS BUSINESS TANKS!!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2680437;
    I actually respect Brad for what he did. He's the ONLY one who was honest enough not to play the game and he was true to himself and to those women.

If he wasn't in love with either of them enough to propose or continue dating them then he did the absolute right thing.

He is the best Bachelor ever from the standpoint that he was true to himself thing rather than what we or the producers expected of of him.

We may be in the minority memory but ITA. I did not feel bad or cheated; I've said all along that I saw no real uh...connection with ANY of the women.

Would Jenni or DeAnna really want to be the one he settled for (for a possible few weeks) just to validate this season? Don't blame DD for calling him out either.

I still respect you this morning Brad, but a woman's perogative and all that....

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2680437;
    I actually respect Brad for what he did. He's the ONLY one who was honest enough not to play the game and he was true to himself and to those women.

If he wasn't in love with either of them enough to propose or continue dating them then he did the absolute right thing.

He is the best Bachelor ever from the standpoint that he was true to himself thing rather than what we or the producers expected of of him.
    I agree, he did the right thing. Just end it, no games, he's just up front and very honest. He's not lying to them, leading them on. But it was confusing with what he was saying to the camera about Deanna. Deanna is too independent for any man, doesn't seem like she's type of gal to compromise too much.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pillperson;2682450;
    Iron Mike - I love the sign you gave Doofus - even better than Looser!
    Seriously, even giving Brad the benefit of every doubt, I still think he is an uncouth egomaniac. Even if he really thought he was "in love" with both women why would he keep them both only to reject them both. At least he could have kept Bettina and Deanna then easily told Bettina goodbye and we would all have understood how she was too reserved and her family was unaccepting then dated Deanna to see how it would play out. To disgrace the entire Bachelor concept with his oversized ego only makes all of us realize that the show, the editors, the producers, etc are not interested in love as we romantics think of it but in greed of the almighty dollar. I hope Brad and his business adventures enjoy the publicity, I hope Fleiss enjoys his trip to the bank and I hope we are not expected to enjoy or endure another Bachelor ever.
    Thank you Pillperson and I totally agree with your thoughts, no doubt he is an egomaniac and really thought he could get away with what he tried to pull last night, no way buddy! He was only in it for the publicity and that much is obvious, if he was the kind caring loving gentleman he said he was he would never have destroyed DD and J like he did, my avatar says it all lol. Bad form Brad, you sure know how to treat women....NOT!

Originally Posted by AshleyPSU
    I cannot believe Brad didn't choose either woman!!!
    What in the hell was the point of this season? There is going to be a lot of backlash over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by azalea;2680476;
    Exactly, and WORD.
    Did the producers or even Brad know he was going to do this at the start of this season's show? I don't think so. Might be just what Brad was feeling at the end which is why he made this decision. He'd be wasting his time, both women's time continuing with this farce.

FORT Newbie

So, I'm not sure if this is correct... BUT, I was lurking around the ABC Message Boards and someone has said that there is a twist tonight and it involves a third-party and that Brad proposes. Man, I am really into this thing -- Kinda scares me... BUT ANYWAYS -- What if Brad proposes to DeAnna but only first asking her father. Her father being the third party???

+ Reply to Thread