+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange;2680581;
    But don't you think that would be more hurtful to them to extend the relationship beyond the end of the show when he knows their feelings are stronger than his will ever be and then just end it in a couple of weeks or months?
    No. He could have chosen DeAnna (or Jenni) told them that he had strong feelings for one of them and would like to see where there relationship will go. How can he know he will NEVER grow to love one of them w/out at least dating in the outside world? Some of our couple friends that have the best marriages started out as friends first and never thought in a millions years that they would end up a couple.

And at least Jenni or DeAnna would have been able to see Brad w/out the cameras and he could have explained to them why his feelings what they were. Heck, maybe even Jenni's or DeAnna's feelings would have changed for HIM after being off that pressure cooker of a show?

I think this is a case in which Brad either fell in love with someone between the time he signed the contract to be the Bachelor and the time he went on the show, or he was already in love with someone when he applied to be the Bachelor and he only did it for the publicity for his bars. That makes this result partially Brad's fault and partially the producers' fault. The producers have had this happen to them before (i.e., Bob and Jen) and they need to watch for it more closely. I don't think Brad will end up with any of the women from the show - the Bachelors never do. I wonder if the Bachelors end up thinking that the women that come on the show must be desperate and therefore they could find a better mate on their own? Additionally, I think the producers need to provide a greater age range of women for the Bachelors to pick from. Not all men in their early to mid thirties are interested in women in their early 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2680811;
    Ughh. He's not slinking back to Bettina. That ending would be even dumber than this one.
    I agree. That would be a very unsatisfying ending for me. So then it would be okay for what he did to Jenni and DeAnna because he ultimately chooses Bettina? Uh, no thank you. I wouldn't wish that on Bettina.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyp220;2682015;
    I was dumbfounded at the outcome and appalled by his behavior and actions. Those poor women. Granted, given the show's history, it was not statistically likely there would be a happy ending, so they knew what they could be getting into, but this was the last bachelor I will ever watch. It bothers me to the point I was squirming at the seemingly blatant manipulation going on. The show manipulates the "story" and the actual scenes and then Brad manipulated the women. Ultimately, the viewer is the most manipulated of all because of the editing. I found this to be even more vile than Bob's season. I found Brad saying "all the right things" with his "Aw shucks" attitude to be completely over the top and insincere. He tried to get the women to say all these feelings about him, and even encouraged it. He loved every minute and each stroke of his ego. He even said things back. I have never met a man in my life who would share his feelings so readily, then his body, say more intimate things, get a woman to open up over and over, meet her family then his then repeat all the intimate expressions of feelings, encouraging it to the point it brings tears and serious, very serious, words then going to buy a ring and deciding after more expressions of love and feelings and compliments, just then that it was not serious at all and a total good-bye is warranted. Something seems kind of set up and sick to me. I almost felt dirty watching and participating. This show is over for me for good. (OH, TOTALLY do not mean to offend anyone at all, I am still stunned and a bit reactive right now. Sorry! There just seems to be something totally contrived about this season more than others to me, except PLo.)
    Boy do I agree with you. There is a part of me that is really disillusioned right now, but definately I feel as though I participated in some bad scam to hurt these girls. I probably wouldn't feel so bad if he hadn't said the things he did after the fact in his interviews. He has got some serious issues. These girls won't think so for a while probably, but they are WAY BETTER OFF without him in their life. And Fleiss was a big fat A** for editing them the way he did. I won't watch this show again.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bgh88;2682044;
    The only thing that I dont understand about that, is at those points if he knew how he was feeling, then why did he keep pushing and pushing (especially for jenni) to tell him how she feels. It seems to me it was a very selfish thing for him to do. I used to be a fan of Brad but im having my doubts.
    Amen to that! I was thinking the same thing myself. I felt like Jenni almost felt she had to tell him she loved him to still be considered. I think her response that she was falling in love with him rather than she was in love and ready to make bebes after only a month is a lot more honest. But both Brad's family and Brad kept pushing at her to reveal herself. I thought it was really crappy that Brad kept pushing them to reveal their feelings when he wasn't doing any of the same.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt;2681942;
    IF he didn't know he would send both home then i can understand his last minute change of heart. if he knew neither would do then the show is freaking psycho. he buys a ring, compliments them both lavishly, then sends then home? crazy.

also, there is a REASON he is a bachelor at his age with his looks and money. I S S U E S,

I totally agree with you. Unless it truly was a last second decision then it is definately pyscho to show him buying a ring! Thats why I wanna know if he decided what he was going to do before or after buying the ring.

FORT Regular

Why the blatant lies. Why "I found the RIGHT one" just last week. I think Fleiss has lost his audience.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;2681744;
    I don't get the dissappointment. I am dissappointed when like Bob picks someone, and than a week later it is over. Brad seemed genuinely interested in dating both girls, and possibly even a few of the others, but why is it dissappointing that he is not following the stupid timeline the show has and just flipping a coin and picking one. I thought it was refreshing that he was honest.
    But the point is that he should have been honest way before then instead of making the girls open up to him and lavishing them with intense compliments and thoughts. If I were Jenni or DeAna I would feel extremely manipulated by him, even if he didn't do it on purpose. Man's gotta wake up and get a clue that others have feelings and the world doesn't revolve around him!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nessie;2682120;
    Why the blatant lies. Why "I found the RIGHT one" just last week. I think Fleiss has lost his audience.

Although it has been pointed out that Brad needed to lie a little in order to keep the suspension going, I felt like he didn't need to say he was "extremely" or "very very" happy with the outcome. Just as the "I found the right one" comment, it seems really unnecessary and totally manipulative, even if he didn't mean it.

FORT Newbie

Gad, what a waste of time. Like others have said: can I have that time back? My wife enjoys the show immensely because she is a hopeless romantic and it is our time to wind down together at the end of the evening. As I watched Jenni tearfully open her heart I kept thinking: there are 3-4 people there with a lights, cameras, etc. How real can it be anyway? Right before the limo pulled up I figured it out and started doing the "smashing heart into a thousand pieces" noise and motion and it annoys my wife but I am sure Jenni was even more annoyed. Can I ask if anyone saw Sheena touching Chad and vice versa at the girls tell all? I know I wasn't the only one to see it but I found that quite interesting. As far as Brad I perceived him as stoic, with what my wife calls "teflon coated skin". It appears that both D & J of the F2 realized that and they had to lay it all out to prevent a disaster happening...but it happened anyway. I do agree, however with not leading them on anymore. Both have to cut their losses and feel the pain and embarassment for a brief period but eventually it will pass. It does appear that Brad enjoyed the physical aspects of their brief relationships and that is why he comes across as a "cad" but they are all consenting adults and the cameras are right there...hello, america is watching you!!!! I do live in the area but Austin bars are like a whole other world and I could live the whole rest of my life without setting foot in one so I really don't know what goes on...same as crossing paths with Brad...highly unlikely.

+ Reply to Thread