+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Bettina - Season 11

I wonder why saying goodbye to the F3 was harder for Brad, than with the F2?

Seriously, I do wonder when did Brad decide that he will pick no one. At the beginning of the show? Was it a last minute decision?

Re: Bettina - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by crazy sushi;2681883;
    I wonder why saying goodbye to the F3 was harder for Brad, than with the F2?

Seriously, I do wonder when did Brad decide that he will pick no one. At the beginning of the show? Was it a last minute decision?

Personally, I have to wonder if it wasn't a gut last-minute decision. I think there might have been something about the way Deanna responded when he told her that he'd just sent Jenni home that sent him into a tailspin.

I'd have preferred an ending where he went off into the bushes, and then out came all of Deanna's family to witness the proposal, but hey.

It seems to me the hardest thing would have to be pretending in front of family and friends for all these weeks leading up the finale, and then showing a brave face when rejected in front of the entire world.

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Jumped the shark. No more of these shows, please....

Personally, I loved the ending. I enjoyed the raw, honest feelings when Brad dumped both women. He did the right thing, if you ask me. If neither of them was "Mrs. Right," then why drag it out any longer?

We were noticing that when Jenny was crying and blubbering about how much she cared for him on their last date, he consoled her, but he never put both arms around her. He kept soothing her with one hand, but the other arm hung loosely. We figured that was a huge sign, so we thought we *knew* for sure at that point that he was going to pick Deanna.

But in the segment before that, we saw the same thing with Deanna. We were thinking at that point that he was probably going to pick Jenny based on his body language. No wonder we were so confused!

FORT Newbie

IF he didn't know he would send both home then i can understand his last minute change of heart. if he knew neither would do then the show is freaking psycho. he buys a ring, compliments them both lavishly, then sends then home? crazy.

also, there is a REASON he is a bachelor at his age with his looks and money. I S S U E S,

FORT Fanatic

I think more than ever this is a cruel show. Brad certainly gave enough feed back to both wome to encourage deep deep feelings. I realize they need a finale but he could have not encouraged their emotions as much as he did if he knew neither was the one for him. I am confused though if he really felt as much for each as he claimed he did why not continue to date the one he liked the most.

If he realized he would never want to date either than the "I can see myself with both as my WIFE" was a load of bull! He could have said I can see myself continuing a relationship with one or the other. He used the word wife so often with both that for him to so abrubtly say see ya to both is odd. He should have said to both I don't see this going further EVER so I realize there is no point in continuing to date.

Sure these women go on this show knowing the possibilities and personally I think it also has proven it is not probable to find your future husband or wife in that short of time , well short of time as in the snatches of time they spend together. Six weeks of consistant time maybe but certainly not in this scenario with other people thrown into the mix. What has been the long term outcome so far? One marriage and maybe two relationships that are still together?
    Knowing all that there is still a different "taint" to this one with Brad sort of really bringing these girls along. I think Jenny was smart in the beginning to not give into the Bachelor fever and fall for him and she should have kept her mouth shut and why would she ever ever say I love you to someone who she isn't in a monogamous relationship with. What is wrong with saying Brad I realize I am on the road to falling in love with you and I can see that happening and if you feel the same way then we will end up together and we will come to that realization as a couple when you are free to be with just me.
    I don't think I can watch this show anymore. It is just so silly and desparate for those girls and painful to watch.

I was dumbfounded at the outcome and appalled by his behavior and actions. Those poor women. Granted, given the show's history, it was not statistically likely there would be a happy ending, so they knew what they could be getting into, but this was the last bachelor I will ever watch. It bothers me to the point I was squirming at the seemingly blatant manipulation going on. The show manipulates the "story" and the actual scenes and then Brad manipulated the women. Ultimately, the viewer is the most manipulated of all because of the editing. I found this to be even more vile than Bob's season. I found Brad saying "all the right things" with his "Aw shucks" attitude to be completely over the top and insincere. He tried to get the women to say all these feelings about him, and even encouraged it. He loved every minute and each stroke of his ego. He even said things back. I have never met a man in my life who would share his feelings so readily, then his body, say more intimate things, get a woman to open up over and over, meet her family then his then repeat all the intimate expressions of feelings, encouraging it to the point it brings tears and serious, very serious, words then going to buy a ring and deciding after more expressions of love and feelings and compliments, just then that it was not serious at all and a total good-bye is warranted. Something seems kind of set up and sick to me. I almost felt dirty watching and participating. This show is over for me for good. (OH, TOTALLY do not mean to offend anyone at all, I am still stunned and a bit reactive right now. Sorry! There just seems to be something totally contrived about this season more than others to me, except PLo.)

Well, a night of sleep has done nothing to make this sit any better with me. For those of you who thought this was an entertaining ending, good for you. As far as I am concerned the way that Brad led these women on is unconscionable. OK, if he didn't have the feelings for either so be it. However if this were the case I will never be convinced that he didn't know that going into the LCD. To have to watch these two pouring their hearts out to him and then get trampled on was gut wrenching. And NOT entertaining. Brad will be forever be Brad the Cad to me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;2681909;
    Personally, I loved the ending. I enjoyed the raw, honest feelings when Brad dumped both women. He did the right thing, if you ask me. If neither of them was "Mrs. Right," then why drag it out any longer?

We were noticing that when Jenny was crying and blubbering about how much she cared for him on their last date, he consoled her, but he never put both arms around her. He kept soothing her with one hand, but the other arm hung loosely. We figured that was a huge sign, so we thought we *knew* for sure at that point that he was going to pick Deanna.

But in the segment before that, we saw the same thing with Deanna. We were thinking at that point that he was probably going to pick Jenny based on his body language. No wonder we were so confused!

The only thing that I dont understand about that, is at those points if he knew how he was feeling, then why did he keep pushing and pushing (especially for jenni) to tell him how she feels. It seems to me it was a very selfish thing for him to do. I used to be a fan of Brad but im having my doubts.

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

He should never agree to go on this show if he knew he felt this way...

+ Reply to Thread