+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2681661;
    Btw, I LOVED the moments on the podium that were unscripted and unplanned for-Brad leaping off the podium and pacing around nervously, Deanna uncertainly brushing her hair off her face. So glad they didnt edit out those few spontaneous moments. Been way too long since we've seen just normal unmanipulated human behavior on this show.

I'm wondering how unscripted that was...I want to know at what point he actually decided he couldn't propose to either of them? Someone mentioned that there was a board meeting where Brad had to defend himself to the producers who wanted him to pick someone, which seems to imply it wasn't as much a last minute decision as presented on the show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaeus;2681663;
    I'm wondering how unscripted that was...I want to know at what point he actually decided he couldn't propose to either of them? Someone mentioned that there was a board meeting where Brad had to defend himself to the producers who wanted him to pick someone, which seems to imply it wasn't as much a last minute decision as presented on the show.
    It had to be a last minute, WORD IS, Brad had DeAnna's father flown in by request of Brad to ask for her hand in marriage. So, I would say it happened pretty much like we saw it.

Thanks onewally I think we all were thrown for a loop tonight! Funny thing is going into tonight we were on different adventure trips

The best part about the fort is that i think people can express opposite opinions one season, express the same opinions the next but always have a unique take on the situations.

I know my opinion differs from some, but I find no fault in Brad for how things turned out. I may actually respect him more. Remember PLo, Jesse? These bachelors don't hold a candle to Brad.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2681648;
    Thanks Mike. I get where you are coming from

I smell a rat too, but to me it's not Brad. It's Fleiss. He edited the show and showed us what we all thought were two different love stories. You saw Deanna and liked Jenni as well and I saw Jenni and liked Deanna as well. I've seen the last episode a couple of times and really I didn't see Brad longing to be with either woman. My opinion, is that he wanted to fall in love with either Jenni, Bettina or Deanna and it just didn't happen.

When it comes to the media, my curiosity is what would Brad say knowing that he chose no one? Fleiss would never let him say that he let both of these two great girls go. Why would a viewer tune in for the finale? My thought is that he had to put himself in the place of having a finale one and answer in that way. To me a straight answer is that he did stay true to himself and follow his heart. He has said this all along.

We all want the fairytale, and sometimes bachelor shows can provide that, but not this time. This time, it seems like we actually got a more accurate representation of what real relationships are like. Like I said I am probably in the minority, but I appreciate being shown the reality of the situation instead of a scripted fairy tale ending that would be revealed in a week
    Thanks Casual. But what about the possibility that he never intended to fall in love, that he loves his ex and that he went on for the publicity, then both our theories make sense dont they? Fleiss was fleissed by Brad and Brad made it appear that he was interested in the girls but its clear he wasnt at all. I think it was one great acting job on Brad's part and thats why we all fell for it, even Fleiss. But he never planned on it backfiring the way it did and thats why everyone is left scratching their heads, even J and DD were shocked and fell for it too. He has even had Jason on here trying to smooth it over but saying well he wasnt in love so what do you expect him to say and blah blah blah, just a slick PR job on their behalf to cover their tracks. He said so many great thing about them but never once backed up his word with actions, thats why it stinks, no true gentleman, if he really cared as he says he did for the girls would have done what he did so coldly....unless there was some reason...
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 11-20-2007 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2681671;
    Thanks Casual. But what about the possibility that he never intended to fall in love, that he loves his ex and that he went on for the publicity, then both our theories make sense dont they? Fleiss was fleissed by Brad and Brad made it appear that he was interested in the girls but its clear he wasnt at all. I think it was one great acting job on Brad's part and thats why we all fell for it, even Fleiss. But he never planned on it backfiring the way it did and thats why everyone is left scratching their heads, even J and DD were shocked and fell for it too. He has even had Jason on here trying to smooth it over but saying well he wasnt in love so what do you expect him to say and blah blah blah, just a slick PR job on their behalf to cover their tracks. He said so many great thing about them but never once backed up his word with actions, thats why it stinks, no true gentleman, if he really cared as he says he did for the girls would have done what he did so coldly....unless there was some reason...

I guess this is where we agree to disagree. You have your theory and I have mine. I don't discount your theory at all. The only thing I hope for is for all involved to heal their hearts and move on. So many wonderful things can await them if they open their hearts.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 11-20-2007 at 05:37 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by L.Lovely;2681667;
    It had to be a last minute, WORD IS, Brad had DeAnna's father flown in by request of Brad to ask for her hand in marriage. So, I would say it happened pretty much like we saw it.
    Oh, thats right...must be the lack of sleep affecting me. ;-) Maybe the reported board meeting happened after Brad's decision...the producers trying to get Brad to go back and choose one of them so that they could show the happy ending on tv. (although they couldn't promote this episode as the most dramatic FRC ever!)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2681672;
    I guess this is where we agree to disagree. You have your theory and I have mine. I don't discount your theory at all. The only thing I hope for is for all involved to heal their hearts and move on. So many wonderful things can await them if they open their hearts.
    Well said Casual, and with that i thank you for the discussion and hope hearts will heal, including Brads...
    but i still think he is a rat

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaeus;2681674;
    Oh, thats right...must be the lack of sleep affecting me. ;-) Maybe the reported board meeting happened after Brad's decision...the producers trying to get Brad to go back and choose one of them so that they could show the happy ending on tv. (although they couldn't promote this episode as the most dramatic FRC ever!)
    I don't know. All I do know is there is just something that is not right. Something is very odd about this WHOLE thing.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaeus;2681662;
    I don't understand everyone's love of Sheena. To me it seemed that Brad was keeping her around to try and force feelings because his brother really liked her. Sure she didn't come off looking as catty as some of the others, but to me she seemed mostly just bland.

I doubt Brad is going to propose to her tomorrow night because it seemed to me that as much as he wanted them, the magic just wasn't there which is why he sent her home in the first place.
    Ditto. I LOVED Sheena, loved how she carried herself-a lot of dignity and style and class. Plus she is flat out beautiful when animated (still photography isnt her friend). But Brad had no interest in her. When you think about it, the two most beautiful women on the show, Hillary and Sheena, got the most glamorous dates, and I dont think that's an accident. I think both of them were producer picks for different reasons. Hillary was drama, and Sheena was clearly just popular with the show-remember she got a flattering interview and a very prominent seat at the WTA.
    But I agree with you there was absolutely no interest, no chemistry between Sheena and Brad. Sheena and Chris, yes. Sheena and Chad, yes. Sheena and Brad, no.

I didn't like him from the beginning and got a very off feeling about him so I'm not at all surprised that he picked nobody. What did surprise me is that somebody that I read as being vacant and vapid (could be editing but who knows) would have enough conviction to actually not let himself be forced into choosing somebody just to get a fake fairytale ending.

I said in the very beginning that I didn't believe him when he claimed to have come on this show to find a wife, something just didn't sit right and I felt he was "protesting" too much.

As much as I didn't like Deanna I felt bad for her and Jenni and the countless others that got strung along since I do feel that he never had any intention on picking any of them. BUT.. I also don't think any of these Bachelors ever do so what else is new.

Do you guys think that this ending will adversely affect any future Bachelors? That and the horrible track record?

FYI (for what its worth lol) I thought that Hillary or Sheena would have been a better match for him.

+ Reply to Thread