+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 647

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

  1. #511
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;2681622;
    I woke up with a sneezing fit and as I'm finishing off the box of tissues, had a thought (sad to admit I wake up at 4 am thinking about a TV show). Forgive me if I'm repeating something here (and especially if I'm way off base, it is 4 am afterall). From what I read and I've seen Brad says he's happy, he followed his heart. Some on this board have mentioned he shows up with Bettina. I'm thinking he does exactly that, but with Sheena, not Bettina. During discussions as to whether or not Sheena would make a good Bachelorette it was mentioned that she found a boyfriend, so she isn't available any longer, could the new BF be Brad?

    Her family blew it for her as far as Bettina is concerned, I don't know if Brad can get through that since they all seem to value a formal education above all else. Sheena, I think, he was equally attracted to but for unknown reasons he decided to let go. I wonder if age was the reason, as she's very young. But sometimes that works.

    OK, I've had my say, I'll now read the pages that have been added as I wait for the allergy meds to kick in and I can go back to sleep for 2 hours.
    I was wondering about that a few days ago...if he could end up with Sheena. Everyone, across the board, seems to love Sheena. What I'm wondering is how feelings about her might change if Brad was dating her while Deanna & Jenni sat looking played for fools. I couldn't see Brad being attracted to her...but I definitely think she could be the real deal for him. I just wonder if others would think differently of Sheena for dating him after all that went down?

  2. #512
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Delco Pa
    Posts
    355

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2681631;
    I'm not going to convince you otherwise, but I'm curious to know what you thought about this Bachelor before this evening. I think the reason I feel the way that I do is that I never got the feeling that he was looking for publicity, unlike some of his predecessors. He seemed to me to be really looking for a mate. A true mate.
    Thanks Casual. Actually i liked Brad in the beginning, i thought he was a bit drab and stiff but he kept telling everyone he was honest and so on and i believed him at first. I too believed he was looking for a true mate and i thought he really was going to pick DD, but that he also had strong feelings for Jenni and that it ws going to be a hard decision. Turns out he loved neither and knew so for a long time and thats why we got such a stunning and abrupt frc, even DD and Jenni had no clue what was going to happen. How can he say all those loving things and want to hear all those loving things from them and say he has 'intense feelings' and wants to 'shout from the rooftops' and all that if he loved neither?! It defies explanation and deserves an honest answer, not the smoke he is blowing up all our noses. He never once cared for any of these women(the frc shows his true colors), he must have never broken it off with his ex, so why then go on the show??? Brad is all about business and that explains it clearly to me and to many others. I wanted to believe in the fairy tale, i love this show, but i smell a rat here and his name is Brad. Hope that explains is Casual, thanks for letting me say this, i respect your view however and i know people see what they want but something just isnt right here and i think everyone deserves a truthful answer.
    mike

  3. #513
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2681620;
    The concern is not what he did so much as how he did it. Some of that is attibutable to the editing.
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2681627;
    Echo, are you saying you had difficulty in how he rejected the two women or how he treated them during the course of the filming? I'd like to understand because I always appreciate your posts.
    I was actually speaking to the way tonight's finale was edited. Brad was "depicted" (I think) as pretty cold and heartless and it was made to look like a thoughtless rejection plain and simple.

    There was no indication that he would pick nobody, unless you count Mama Womack's Black & White and no grey comment. But in his interaction with the girls on the Last Chance dates, he was shown leading each to believe that she was his ... choice or that he would at least choose someone.

    I wanted Jenni, but thought it was going DeAnna's way until the Doomsday Podium

    I enjoy you too
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  4. #514
    FORT Fogey MomLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2681631;
    I'm not going to convince you otherwise, but I'm curious to know what you thought about this Bachelor before this evening. I think the reason I feel the way that I do is that I never got the feeling that he was looking for publicity, unlike some of his predecessors. He seemed to me to be really looking for a mate. A true mate.
    I had mentioned in the pass before this episode, concern about doing the show. I was surpirsed at all the interviews and magazine articels he had done during the airing of the show. I did not remember as many with other Bachelors.

    I also rememeber the I may be married or something on the mechanical bull in NYC and how the references to a loved one started shifting further along.

    I remember feeling bad for questioning his intentions for doing the show.

  5. #515
    FORT Fogey MomLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2681641;
    I was actually speaking to the way tonight's finale was edited. Brad was "depicted" (I think) as pretty cold and heartless and it was made to look like a thoughtless rejection plain and simple.

    There was no indication that he would pick nobody, unless you count Mama Womack's Black & White and no grey comment. But in his interaction with the girls on the Last Chance dates, he was shown leading each to believe that she was his ... choice or that he would at least choose someone.

    I wanted Jenni, but thought it was going DeAnna's way until the Doomsday Podium

    I enjoy you too
    I think Brad gave more warning to Hillary then he did DeAnna. Make me wonder why? Has DeAna there just for the gut rention reaciton or was she there because Brad liked her the best.

  6. #516
    FORT Fogey casualfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of sand and fog
    Posts
    1,931

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2681639;
    Thanks Casual. Actually i liked Brad in the beginning, i thought he was a bit drab and stiff but he kept telling everyone he was honest and so on and i believed him at first. I too believed he was looking for a true mate and i thought he really was going to pick DD, but that he also had strong feelings for Jenni and that it ws going to be a hard decision. Turns out he loved neither and knew so for a long time and thats why we got such a stunning and abrupt frc, even DD and Jenni had no clue what was going to happen. How can he say all those loving things and want to hear all those loving things from them and say he has 'intense feelings' and wants to 'shout from the rooftops' and all that if he loved neither?! It defies explanation and deserves an honest answer, not the smoke he is blowing up all our noses. He never once cared for any of these women(the frc shows his true colors), he must have never broken it off with his ex, so why then go on the show??? Brad is all about business and that explains it clearly to me and to many others. I wanted to believe in the fairy tale, i love this show, but i smell a rat here and his name is Brad. Hope that explains is Casual, thanks for letting me say this, i respect your view however and i know people see what they want but something just isnt right here and i think everyone deserves a truthful answer.
    mike
    Thanks Mike. I get where you are coming from

    I smell a rat too, but to me it's not Brad. It's Fleiss. He edited the show and showed us what we all thought were two different love stories. You saw Deanna and liked Jenni as well and I saw Jenni and liked Deanna as well. I've seen the last episode a couple of times and really I didn't see Brad longing to be with either woman. My opinion, is that he wanted to fall in love with either Jenni, Bettina or Deanna and it just didn't happen.

    When it comes to the media, my curiosity is what would Brad say knowing that he chose no one? Fleiss would never let him say that he let both of these two great girls go. Why would a viewer tune in for the finale? My thought is that he had to put himself in the place of having a finale one and answer in that way. To me a straight answer is that he did stay true to himself and follow his heart. He has said this all along.

    We all want the fairytale, and sometimes bachelor shows can provide that, but not this time. This time, it seems like we actually got a more accurate representation of what real relationships are like. Like I said I am probably in the minority, but I appreciate being shown the reality of the situation instead of a scripted fairy tale ending that would be revealed in a week

  7. #517
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2681644;
    I think Brad gave more warning to Hillary then he did DeAnna. Make me wonder why? Has DeAna there just for the gut rention reaciton or was she there because Brad liked her the best.
    He absolutely gave Hillary more hunts that we saw. That's what I mean. Maybe he did indeed give both Jenni and DeAnna some hints that we didn't see.

    As for who stayed and who left ... I do think the producers make some suggestions ... and Bettina, Jenni and DeAnna were the hands down popular public choices from the beginning, so who knows.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  8. #518
    FORT Fogey casualfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of sand and fog
    Posts
    1,931

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2681641;
    I was actually speaking to the way tonight's finale was edited. Brad was "depicted" (I think) as pretty cold and heartless and it was made to look like a thoughtless rejection plain and simple.

    There was no indication that he would pick nobody, unless you count Mama Womack's Black & White and no grey comment. But in his interaction with the girls on the Last Chance dates, he was shown leading each to believe that she was his ... choice or that he would at least choose someone.

    I wanted Jenni, but thought it was going DeAnna's way until the Doomsday Podium

    I enjoy you too

    I need a hug


    Gosh, I really think that the black and white comment holds a lot of water. Thnk about it. Black/white leaves no doubt who you love/don't love. Truly with Brad, to be torn is to diminish his feelings about either woman. Those who see in grey may be more likely to enter into a dating situation to "see how things progress." But honestly, in the long term, Brad knows better than any body posting on this board, than any of his friends, than any of his family if things have a chance of progressing.

    The episode was SO short that both of the girls' FRC's got cut up quite a bit, which I think is why we had so much trouble identifying times, etc when we saw the screencaps. I had some friend over who thought Brad was right on tonight, it's all up to us as individuals to decide what we think and how what we think will impact our viewing patterns.

  9. #519
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    687

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    I love all these late nite posts..Echo, Ihavenolife, IronMike, Casualfan, Momlady, Dougray, I love that other people are up with me fretting over the show.

    You're all so let down and disappointed at the outcome. Last season many people expressed disgust that Andy said I love you to two women; they felt that represented a lack of ethics on his part. Brad refused to lie to Jenni and Deanna (Yes, in the tradition of the Bachelor show and no doubt at the scripted insistence of the producers, he drew the girls out regarding their feelings for him-that is standard Bachelor fodder.) While the outcome isnt satisfactory, it was more honest than most of the FRCs. As to his demeanor during the FRC, what person with feelings could be smooth and suave at that time, under those circumstances? Brad isnt the smoothest, most articulate guy in his best moments. In the space of a few hours he had to tell TWO women that he clearly cared for, that he was rejecting them. Televised, yet. Lots of people cant handle doing that once face to face. I understand that breaking up by text messaging is becoming more popular-apparently it's much easier to break up with someone if you dont have to actually look at the person while you're breaking up with them.

    Btw, I LOVED the moments on the podium that were unscripted and unplanned for-Brad leaping off the podium and pacing around nervously, Deanna uncertainly brushing her hair off her face. So glad they didnt edit out those few spontaneous moments. Been way too long since we've seen just normal unmanipulated human behavior on this show.

    Like Casual fan said:
    We all want the fairytale, and sometimes bachelor shows can provide that, but not this time. This time, it seems like we actually got a more accurate representation of what real relationships are like. Like I said I am probably in the minority, but I appreciate being shown the reality of the situation instead of a scripted fairy tale ending that would be revealed in a week
    That is the best, truest comment here.
    Last edited by onewally; 11-20-2007 at 05:10 AM.

  10. #520
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Unity, NH
    Posts
    74

    Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

    I don't understand everyone's love of Sheena. To me it seemed that Brad was keeping her around to try and force feelings because his brother really liked her. Sure she didn't come off looking as catty as some of the others, but to me she seemed mostly just bland.

    I doubt Brad is going to propose to her tomorrow night because it seemed to me that as much as he wanted them, the magic just wasn't there which is why he sent her home in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.