+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: Finale Show Discussion - East Coast **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by LoveA&T;2681590;
    I totally get why Brad did the show. He wanted more publicity for his bars in Austin. He's very happy with the outcome because he and his family are raking in the BIG bucks now that he's "famous." He never intended to fall in love at all. He totally lied through his teeth and all he was thinking about was all the money he would make after it was all over. I feel like I completely wasted my time watching this stupid show. The viewers were the losers in this. ABC made money, Brad is making money, and the women have probably moved on with their lives. No more bachelor shows for me.
    Totally agree with you, my thoughts exactly.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by LoveA&T;2681590;
    I totally get why Brad did the show. He wanted more publicity for his bars in Austin. He's very happy with the outcome because he and his family are raking in the BIG bucks now that he's "famous." He never intended to fall in love at all. He totally lied through his teeth and all he was thinking about was all the money he would make after it was all over. I feel like I completely wasted my time watching this stupid show. The viewers were the losers in this. ABC made money, Brad is making money, and the women have probably moved on with their lives. No more bachelor shows for me.

Those bars were not in dire straits before the show. It seems like he did the show to find a woman who he fell head over heels for and wanted to be with for the rest of his life.

Jenni and Deanna are great women but if they or any of the other 25 women weren't the women for him than how can we hold it against the man? Publicity does NOT seem to be this bachelor's motivation. IMHO.
    Last edited by casualfan; 11-20-2007 at 04:16 AM.

FORT Fan

I wanted to post that in Thoughts thread but when I finished it was closed. Decided to post it here. Hopes it's ok. If not than change it or delete it.

Sorry but something doesn't add up here.

Why have the father flown at Brad's request if Brad knew a while back that he wouldn't choose anybody? And why this reaction at FRC if he intended not to pick anybody and had intended so for a while?

Brad is no actor. He's a honest guy so... Something happened to make him start having doubts. Something happened that we didn't see to give the ending we got. And being a gentleman, Brad won't say anything.

Supposition : Brad falls in love with DeAnna. She's everything he hoped for. How could he get so lucky? He likes her family. His family likes her. She's the whole package but something about her personality bothers him. He knows there's a possibility he won't chose DeAnna and he refuses to chose Jenni by default. Thus the meeting with TPTB somewhere near the end. He now has the option not to chose anybody but still thinks he will propose. Father is flown. But when it's time to do it, the little voice inside his head cannot stop telling him that DeAnna is maybe the real package but there is a little thing that doesn't fit. And even if it's little it's enough to let her go. Thus his reaction during FRC. And his comment "Now I have to put you in the car (paraphrasing)" seems to be harsh but maybe he had to because he knew if she stayed there longer he would have changed his mind. Dating was not an option either because you cannot change someones personality or belief per example. And he would never want someone to change for him. You can compromise but you must always stay true to who you are.

I know it's only an idea far fetched and surely far away from the truth but that story would be more in character with Brad. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2681617;
    Those bars were not in dire straits before the show. It seems like he did the show to find a woman who he fell head over heals for and wanted to be with for the rest of his life.

Jenni and Deanna are great women but if they or any of the other 25 women weren't the women for him than how can we hold it against the man? Publicity does NOT seem to be this bachelor's motivation. IMHO.
    The concern is not what he did so much as how he did it. Some of that is attibutable to the editing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I woke up with a sneezing fit and as I'm finishing off the box of tissues, had a thought (sad to admit I wake up at 4 am thinking about a TV show). Forgive me if I'm repeating something here (and especially if I'm way off base, it is 4 am afterall). From what I read and I've seen Brad says he's happy, he followed his heart. Some on this board have mentioned he shows up with Bettina. I'm thinking he does exactly that, but with Sheena, not Bettina. During discussions as to whether or not Sheena would make a good Bachelorette it was mentioned that she found a boyfriend, so she isn't available any longer, could the new BF be Brad?

Her family blew it for her as far as Bettina is concerned, I don't know if Brad can get through that since they all seem to value a formal education above all else. Sheena, I think, he was equally attracted to but for unknown reasons he decided to let go. I wonder if age was the reason, as she's very young. But sometimes that works.

OK, I've had my say, I'll now read the pages that have been added as I wait for the allergy meds to kick in and I can go back to sleep for 2 hours.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2681617;
    Those bars were not in dire straits before the show. It seems like he did the show to find a woman who he fell head over heals for and wanted to be with for the rest of his life.

I don't think she said they were in dire straights, Brad is obviously trying to expand his business to rake in even MORE money and get MORE publicity (Gordon Gekko anyone?), Bobby bones, KTLA etc etc JMHO

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

To Jason (BabyfaceC) thank you for venturing into the dark, dark woods this late night. Since the Thoughts thread in the Spoiler section is closed, I wasn't able to say wow! to the editing of the FRC DeAnna segment. Why would they show him as leaving her in the middle of his speech when in fact he left before he started? TPTB by doing that, turned him on a dime from someone who might garner some sympathy for his position, to someone whose feet became encased in ice. Not that knowing different makes the ending any easier for a veteran Bach fan to reconcile, but it would have placed the questions in a proper sequence.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2681620;
    The concern is not what he did so much as how he did it. Some of that is attibutable to the editing.

Echo, are you saying you had difficulty in how he rejected the two women or how he treated them during the course of the filming? I'd like to understand because I always appreciate your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2681623;
    I don't think she said they were in dire straights, Brad is obviously trying to expand his business to rake in even MORE money and get MORE publicity (Gordon Gekko anyone?), Bobby bones, KTLA etc etc JMHO

I'm not going to convince you otherwise, but I'm curious to know what you thought about this Bachelor before this evening. I think the reason I feel the way that I do is that I never got the feeling that he was looking for publicity, unlike some of his predecessors. He seemed to me to be really looking for a mate. A true mate.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2681620;
    Man, Jenni's was heartbreaking to watch...but I wasn't even a Deanna fan and that was just awful to watch. I think there's only so much that can be edited.

I really don't want to hate this guy, but with that whole contract thing about being able to chose NOBODY is really bugging me. If that wasn't in the picture, I might still have faith in him, but that just screams "set up" - whether by Brad or ABC, I don't know. I really hope I'm wrong because when you screw with people's heads that way, hey maybe it makes good TV but it's just wrong.

A few are talking about how he just wasn't in love with either of them, but those last two dates with them would have me fooled too. I thought he was honest after the way he let Kristy and Hillary down easy and kind of foreshadowed what was to come...but no way did I ever see this ending coming. Maybe it's the editing and he WAS saying stuff he thought would be heard about how he wasn't convinced of his feelings...and we just didn't hear it. So is Brad the bad guy, is it ABC, Fleiss or will the ATFR taping bring everything to light? I will watch tomorrow night before I decide Brad is an A-hole, Jenni & DD are pitiable, and that I will never watch another Bachelor.

+ Reply to Thread