+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexual activity on overnight dates?

FORT Regular

Sexual activity on overnight dates?

I know alot of you guys think sex does happens, but how do we actually know it? On the one hand, it would be pretty sketch to sleep with 3 diff girls in 3 consecutive nights, but on the other, it would be wierd to propose to someone and want to spend the rest of your life with someone without having had a sexual encounter.

Any former batchelorettes out there who could comment?
    Last edited by Pangaeus; 11-15-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: redundancy

Re: Sexual activity on overnight dates?

I heard that Brad stated in an interview that he did NOT have sex on ANY of the overnight dates.

Honestly, if you are looking for the love of your life, you are going to be very, very careful how you handle the overnight dates, least it come back to bite you.

FORT Regular

This is a great topic Pangaeus.

I would like to think that the couples spend the time getting to know each other off camera through talking rather than sex, but that is a naive outlook. If no one is sincere than I say, have at it. You're two consenting adults who are attracted to each other. But if you throw feelings into this mix it would seem to me you're only confusing the issue if you are SINCERELY attempting to bond with one person on different levels; becoming sexually intimate would then make more sense once you are in real life and become better acquainted away from this situation. That might be too much to hope for and the women may feel super pressured to 'show' how they feel. My question is could TPTB really make you turn from the good moral values you have learned and held most of your life?

I know I sound very naive, and, strange or not, I don't believe in a forever ending with this "reality" process, but I'm also speaking about what I would want as a normal, self-respecting woman with her own personal code of honor.

I think the key to this particular season is that Brad has stated he knew fairly early who is choice would be. If that's the case it would be totally inappropriate and also disrespectful to that one woman if he did indeed engage in sexual activity with others. How difficult would it be to get past that? Especially in a relationship that is new and fragile, given the circumstances. And as important as sexual compatibility is to a relationship, it is also something that is truly great ONLY if a couple has good communication, care and respect for each other. Those are things that must come with familiarity and prolonged contact.

Being new to the boards I know very little about past Bachelor seasons. Is this something that has ever been addressed by past contestants?

Sorry to be so long winded. Thanks for the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mears25;2670051;
    Being new to the boards I know very little about past Bachelor seasons. Is this something that has ever been addressed by past contestants?

Sorry to be so long winded. Thanks for the thread.
    Alex, the first Bachelor, actually included a play-by-play in his ABC diary. After that, the diaries got a lot more sanitized and started to sound producer written.

Byron was very specific in saying, as Brad has, that he did NOT sleep with ANY of the women, and valued the time instead as a chance to talk away from the cameras.

I'm not sure about all the others - some have commented on it; some have not.

I don't think it is any of our concern if there is or no sex...BUT... Didn't Trista confess to having slept with Ryan?

And there were rumors of Meredith and Ian consumating their relationship and Ian having to convince Meredith to go through with her other dates. I totally believe this one. Meredith looked DRAINED when she met up with Matt... And that Meredian chemistry...*phew*
    YES WE CAN!

Supposedly Dr. Blandy Andy took a couple of the F3 out for test drives as well.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Since most people don't have a problem with sex outside of marriage or even random hookups, I suppose you can only go on what the bachelors & bachelorettes themselves say. Brad stated he did NOT and has apparently not even teased about it to make anyone think otherwise.

Personally, I think that only spending the equivalent of a couple of days with someone is much, much too soon for something like that.

And there are people who do not have sexual encounters before they get married so while it may go against the trend of current social mores, it's not weird.

Funny that Bettina's father would probably think the previous bachelor was better suited for his daughter because of his education, yet I've seen the posts where it's been said that he had sex with a couple of the girls which is certainly worse behavior than Brad was willing to engage in. I'd rather date the non-college educated gentleman than the well-educated douchebag.

To think that there would be absolutely "no" physical intimacy those nights would be naive. However, I do believe that Brad is enough of a gentleman, and truly in this thing to find the love of his life, that he would have respected his and her dignity not to have sex with any of them. Personally, the first time my husband and I spent the night together, we didn't have sex either. We were so involved in learning about each other and simply enjoying our time together. It was extremely intimate, but it wasn't sexual. I think that Brad would have used his alone time, away from the cameras, wisely, and tried his best to get to know each of the ladies better. Past seasons? I do believe that Trista and Ryan ended up that way. They were ravenous of one another. Other seasons? I don't know.

If I were a betting man, I wager that 7 or 8 of the 11 bachelors have achieved paradise by the dashboard light. It doesn't bother me either way if the couples had sex or not. I'm sure there was at least some level of passion with all of them. I guess it all depends on how serious these guys and gals are taking this.

Personally, I'd be too busy asking her a million questions to think about sex. Knowing which way the toilet paper unfolds and whether or not she's a morning person is much more important.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

ITA, Speedbump!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast