+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexual activity on overnight dates?

FORT Regular

Re: Sexual activity on overnight dates?

Cool. Thanks for the responses. The only other Batchelor I watched was Andrew Firestone, so I haven't known how all the others have played out. Concerning Brad, he does seem like the type not to have slept with all these ladies as he seems a bit socially conservative. I think that would be such a condundrum to put in. On the side of the ladies, trying to consider where it is better to show such affection or if they should follow ye olde "Don't buy the cow if you can get the milk for free."

Pangaeus, this is quite interesting. When it comes to these shows, I continually waffle between being completely jaded/cynical to being naive and easily duped - yes, it's true. I've rather assumed that when most of the couples close the door they are engaging in sex, which is fine as they're all adults - c'est la vie and all that. However if I thought I had a strong connection (drink!) with the Bachelor, and was lead to believe he was treating me differently only to discover he'd also had sex with either (or both) of the other women, I wouldn't be very happy about it.

I respect the Bachelors who either don't talk about what they've done behind closed, or have emphatically denied having sex with any/most of the ladies. I always thought the 'players' *cough*Bob*cough* were pretty disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Personally, I'd be too busy asking her a million questions to think about sex. Knowing which way the toilet paper unfolds and whether or not she's a morning person is much more important.
    Aw, Speedy, you've just made me love you all the more.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2670296;
    Supposedly Dr. Blandy Andy took a couple of the F3 out for test drives as well.

Yep the whole "hook up" controversy. Andy was either incredibly stupid in not realizing how JK was defining "hook up" or incredibly forgetful that he was a gentleman. Not his finest hour for sure.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DW_a_mom;2670235;
    Alex, the first Bachelor, actually included a play-by-play in his ABC diary. After that, the diaries got a lot more sanitized and started to sound producer written.

Byron was very specific in saying, as Brad has, that he did NOT sleep with ANY of the women, and valued the time instead as a chance to talk away from the cameras.

I'm not sure about all the others - some have commented on it; some have not.
    Byron and Mary later admitted that they did it in a closet. They said they spend the night in a closet because even though TPTB told them there wouldn't be any camera in the room, they didn't trust them. They talked a lot but they also did it. That's why Mary during the show told him that there couldn't be a future for them if he was intimate with the other women. She told him, he was the one to decide. But if he chose to do it with any other than he couldn't be with her.(paraphrasing)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrealgirl;2676051;
    Byron and Mary later admitted that they did it in a closet. They said they spend the night in a closet because even though TPTB told them there wouldn't be any camera in the room, they didn't trust them. They talked a lot but they also did it. That's why Mary during the show told him that there couldn't be a future for them if he was intimate with the other women. She told him, he was the one to decide. But if he chose to do it with any other than he couldn't be with her.(paraphrasing)
    ...in the closet?? LOL..now that's a first

I believe Trista slept with Alex - the first bachelor. If you'll recall, the last shot of their overnight date was Trista in the bed under the covers and Alex turning off the camera.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Trista also later said she slept with Ryan on both the Fantasy Date and the last chance date.

This is my second full season, but I remember reading an article years ago about this. The guy at the time said they got comfortable and ordered pizza and talked. He didn't come out and say nothing happened, but he indicated that a lot of the "under the cover" stuff was for the camera only.

IMHO most of them probably don't. But I do think Andy and Tessa did just by the look he gave her during the rose ceremony after!

FORT Regular

Andrew and Jen said that they played music and danced and talked all night. That they were so glad to be a way from the cameras for the first time. She also said that back then the ladies weren't allowed to talk to Andrew if the cameras weren't running. That the producers would come and take him out of the room. I thought about that when Tessa and Andy got lost skiing, my my how things have changed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;2676190;
    ...in the closet?? LOL..now that's a first
    I read in an article that a large number of the people interviewed for this show said that they came on for the adventure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast