+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: 11/12 "The Women Tell All" Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/12 "The Women Tell All" Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Regarding the Brad/Chad/Jennie question... A lot of their time together was spent VERY close up and if the clear difference in their looks didn't tip her off, she would have been alerted by the body language and touching that accompanied her flirting with Brad - not Chad.

I doubt very much that Bettina wanted to be on the WTA ep so it's no wonder that she said little during the WTA. I'm sure being there is part of the contract she signed or her bitter little butt would have been a no-show. I was appalled that she criticized Brad for not being happy about her family treating him like crap. She made it clear that she was presenting Brad with a false image of herself as a shy, reserved woman and has no right to complain when he wasn't interested in an illusion.

I'm most surprised at the positive comments about Hillary. She is probably one of the most mean-spirited bachettes EVER and yet she is cheered rather than trashed for that. She is even called a good sport for smiling through her embarrassment at being caught in the act of being reprehensible. She tells us that her malicious comments aren't planned, but rather spontaneous bursts of wit - a circumstance which (I guess) absolves her of the need to apologize. Her over the top crying binges are explained away by her strong feelings for a man that she indisputably never actually even listened to. Hillary is a beautiful woman in a noble profession, but I can't think of anything else nice about her. Judging by her behavior on the show I would be very reluctant to want to strike up a friendship with her knowing the likelihood that she would be saying mean things about me behind my back.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Surprisising I LOVE Hillary. I think she IS funny. I think she's got a great sense of humor and was very real. Sure, she's a little rough around the edges, but hey who isn't? I like Hillary and I do think she's funny. I thought her comment about Bettina was great and her comeback to McCarten after what McCarten said to Sarah was total great. Plus she was very humble about her experience and how silly she looked for crying all the time. Hillary is great. It's a bummer that she's being criticized for trying to be funny, when McCarten is just plain being rude and supposedly she's got a lot in common with Deanna... that's not the kind of girl I want to hang with. Give me Hillary any day!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2666548;
    I doubt very much that Bettina wanted to be on the WTA ep so it's no wonder that she said little during the WTA. I'm sure being there is part of the contract she signed or her bitter little butt would have been a no-show. .... She made it clear that she was presenting Brad with a false image of herself as a shy, reserved woman and has no right to complain when he wasn't interested in an illusion.

Her bitter little butt! lol Glad she's gone. I dont think she cared a bit for Brad, not really, and would have broken up with him right after the FRC aired. Brad and Bettina were really the most unlikely combination.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2666548;
    Regarding the Brad/Chad/Jennie question... A lot of their time together was spent VERY close up and if the clear difference in their looks didn't tip her off, she would have been alerted by the body language and touching that accompanied her flirting with Brad - not Chad.

I doubt very much that Bettina wanted to be on the WTA ep so it's no wonder that she said little during the WTA. I'm sure being there is part of the contract she signed or her bitter little butt would have been a no-show. I was appalled that she criticized Brad for not being happy about her family treating him like crap. She made it clear that she was presenting Brad with a false image of herself as a shy, reserved woman and has no right to complain when he wasn't interested in an illusion.

I'm most surprised at the positive comments about Hillary. She is probably one of the most mean-spirited bachettes EVER and yet she is cheered rather than trashed for that. She is even called a good sport for smiling through her embarrassment at being caught in the act of being reprehensible. She tells us that her malicious comments aren't planned, but rather spontaneous bursts of wit - a circumstance which (I guess) absolves her of the need to apologize. Her over the top crying binges are explained away by her strong feelings for a man that she indisputably never actually even listened to. Hillary is a beautiful woman in a noble profession, but I can't think of anything else nice about her. Judging by her behavior on the show I would be very reluctant to want to strike up a friendship with her knowing the likelihood that she would be saying mean things about me behind my back.
    I totally agree. Hilary thinks she is hilarious but honestly it doesn't take a great deal of wit or intelligence to come up with fairly obvious/ rude comebacks about people. I can't see what is so great about then saying those rude things on National television. Even if one does apologize after the fact, I question the sincerity since it was said in the 1st place and generally if we are being truthful, most people mean what they say the 1st time even if later they regret saying it. I am the same age as Hilary- 27- and think that type of behavior should have ceased in high school. Also I didn't find her to be humble at all. What can one say when they have been shown on tv crying incessantly or when not crying, making rude or obscene comments.

I have no doubt that Bettina did not want to be on that show and was only there due to contractual obligations. To me she seemed above it all...as if she was actually better than the other women and the whole show in general. The irony in that is that she signed up and voluntarily went on the show so why then act so superior. Brad and she were 2 of the most incompatible people I have ever seen and I really do not believe that he is the type of man she would ever really date in real life.

People can say what they want about McCarten- yes she is blunt and pretty rude but I actually prefer that. At least she is upfront. To make snarky comments behind people's backs but to a television camera is juvenile. I am not so sure why people are so quick to dislike McCarten but then don't take issue with Jade, Hilary, and Stephy who also seemed to be catty and immature. Truth is I would be hard pressed to take any of those women's word on anything.

FORT Newbie

I think that Hilary is a very pretty lady... When she looks into the camera smiles and says nothing!!!

But once she opens her mouth, all ugliness comes out of her. I think that she was speaking of herself when she called McCarten and DeAnna - McNasty and McSlutty. Honestly, I think that she was the one that had been nasty and slutty. Especially with that comment about what she wanted Brad to do to her. That was wrong. No LADY would ever say those things- especially for America to watch. I think that she was the most judgemental person of them all. It was rude that Hilary told McCarten "I was there one week more than you" -- she thought about it as a game and she won... well, reality check for Hilary -- she went home too... and in a very imbarassing way.

I think that Brad was smart with his choices... although I don't see why he would EVER want to be Hilary' friend. I guess she would fit in with the guys. But, Jenni and DeAnna never really said mean things about people (except DeAnna about Jade... which Jade is a mean person too and I can't seem to trust her) but I think that DeAnna and Jenni are classy girls. They are both down-to-earth and very beautiful.

I had heard that Hillary did apologize to Bettina for her remark during the WTA, but it was edited out. I said on the night of the WTA in this thread that the conversation during that segment was too choppy and did not flowly evenly. It appears that it was an editing job that made it appear this way.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Regular

OK, just a luker, and I posted this same thing yesterday, but I do not think Brad picked anyone considering the WTA. After they showed the hillary scene with her saying what she would do to Brad, Chris asked Brad if he wanted to change his mind and Brad said can I give her one of these roses? Meaning the ones on the table. If I was in a new relationship and my boyfriend let alone husband made that kind of remark after what hillary had just said, I would be furious. Brad does not seem to me that he is dumb in anyway and I think he would know better than to say something like that - even in jest as a joke, if he were truly with someone.

Also, I realy believe he did care for Hillary. That is why he let her go so early. He did not have the feelings for her that she had for him and because he did care for her, he did not want to string her along.
    I know Hillary has said alot of things to make people dislike her, but I really liked her. I was hoping she would make it furhter than she did. Although, didn't Chris at the end of the episode of Hillary leaving say somehting like Brad might realize he made a mistake letting Hillary go?
    I think after watching the season and after getting to know Brad through the show and these boards, it (to me) seems like Hillary would be his type out of everyone. I lnow I may be delusional, but just what I think.

Back off to lurkdome.

+ Reply to Thread