+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 "The Women Tell All" Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

I simply don't get MacCarten at all. I didn't see her as a pleasant woman on the show and last night she continued to be less so. I do think there is a point to be honest in your conversation - - but, integrity and wisdom dictates when NOT to speak. And saying things about people that are crass, judgemental, belittling - even if they feel they have the foundation of honesty to stand on - as the act of a foolish woman.

While there seemed to be a vein of integrity about the women last night - - and that I do think that Brad's comment about them being wonderful people was sincere and based on truth - - MacCarten did not leave the show with any impression that a man would want to meet her one day as they probably did with the other ladies that were there.

I hope she will watch reruns and take notice of how unbecoming her brashness is to being a lady. She is a pretty woman - but not when she opens her mouth.

Re: 11/12 "The Women Tell All" Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Chris Harrison is worth his weight in gold. His one-liners and quips made this show. When they give him scripted stuff he does ok, but when they allow him to show his personality he really shines. WTA is a great way to showcase that. He had so many of the best lines and they were just off the cuff.

The 'ladies' certianly for the most part did not come out of this show looking better than before. Sometimes they can redeem themselves a bit, but it didn't appear that some of them knew enough to even try to do that. Brad must be glad he kicked them to the curb.

Hard to believe that McCarten thinks it's better to be rude to someone's face than behind their backs. Neither one is a good choice. When Stephy tried to point out that 'if one doesn't have something nice to say one shouldn't say anything at all' to her she made a snotty comment that Stephy was good at doing that. The odd thing was that should have been a compliment but that was not how McCarten said it at all. She said it as in insult. Yet she thinks that her forwardness makes her more mature. She has quite a way to go before that event happens, she's not even on the right road to get there at the moment.

Classic Chris to Hilary on hiring a sky writer, and then following that comment up with Hilary would think that meant Brad was proposing. But however clueless Hilary seemed to be about her behavior to the other girls she really is funny and easy to see why Brad esteems her highly. She had some funny lines herself. "They should have served me PMS medicine" and if she were Brad she would have been running for the door. She seems on one hand to recognize that Brad tried to tell her, but on the other she's still delusional that there was something more he could have said to her to get her to realize they were just friends.

Bettina didn't come across any better and perhaps worse than they edited her on the show. She tried to defend her boring date comment and just made things worse. In her words the other dates were elaborate, off the charts, fabulous dates (that's all she meant). As Sheena so aptly put it-she would have been happy just sitting on a towel in the parking lot to spend the time with him. Bettina tried to back pedal a bit, but really her feelings are quite clear, she didn't get a fabulous enough date. Brad is better off without her. I think my mouth dropped open when she said she was a bit turned off by Brad "attacking my family". And then in response to Chris asking if she thought brad was defensive "a little bit, yeah" with a tone in her voice that it was unacceptable to her that he was defensive. What does she expect him to be? They just put him down. He's a guest in their home and shouldn't be treated like they did. For her to think they were right and he was wrong blows my mind frankly. When my family makes errors in judgment, while I still love them I wouldn't defend poor behavior on their part--at least I try not to.

Good that they brought Chad back, I am not sure how those girls didn't know. I can spot the difference immediately. When they were on DWTS and Tom was saying Brad was there the cameraman put the camera on Chad, I knew immediately that they had the wrong guy. They then fixed the camera to put it on Brad. Having said that I will concede that I know there are twins. I think they come down a little hard on the girls that knew there was something a little off about 'Brad'. They knew something was wrong but couldn't pinpoint it. That shows me that at least they were aware something was different. Maybe they haven't ever had to deal with twins and the thought of him being a twin didn't cross their minds. That's ok to me, it's the ones that just had no clue at all there was even anything different about 'Brad' that shows they just weren't really paying all that much attention to him. I will say I think that Chad is the better spoken of the two of them. He seems a little more at ease. Maybe it's just because he is not the one trying to pick a b'lette.

Chris had more funny lines in the Chad and Brad segments with his 'stay in the dryer too long' comment and the 'tattoo that said just friends'.

I don't think the even if Brad picks someone in the end that he is still together or that if they are that they will last. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything that leaves me to believe otherwise. As much as Fleiss tries to hide the genuine love stories I've always been able to pick them up and I just don't see it this time. I picked Ryan, Jen, Ian, Mary, and Sarah. I've picked most of the other winners too, but those are the ones I knew had the connection while I didn't buy that the others were true love. While Trista/Ryan and Byron/Mary are apparently the only ones still together the others lasted longer than the FRC. Just because they didn't it forever doesn't mean they didn't at least try to make a go of it. That happens in real life too that sometimes you fall in love but it doesn't last. The bachelors that don't last past the FRC tell me there was never a genuine connection. The ones I mentioned all lived together for a time and really tried. I just thought of something scary. One of the most enduring relationships is Bob Guiney with his wife who indirectly ended up together because of the Bachelor. Not exactly the way Fleiss was planning for him to find a wife though!!

FORT Regular

I don't get these filler shows on reality TV. All rehashing. It does not advance the story one bit. I guess the producer thinks it peaks interest among fans to drag it out and have more suspense, and sell a few more ad slots. But some viewers don't watch repeats, and I'm one of them.

Oh, god! Bob Guiney! Sorry, but he was SO annoying with that guinea pig laugh. He wasn't on the show to find a wife. He was one of the biggest dogs on the show.

Well, any ounce of respect I had for Bettina flew right out the window with the statement about who the next bachelor should be "well educated". That was a direct jab at Brad and completely uncalled for. Classy....NOT.

I must say that I adore Hillary. She was used by production something awful, but there is just something so endearing about her. I adored her time with Chris, and he was spot on with his humor last night. I loved him.

I thought Brad was adorable, but I am confused about his reply to the end of the show. I don't see a man in love, but then he's been so very good at keeping a poker face for the most part. I'm confused. lol

I don't remember a group of women being this vicious since Byron's season. I bet Brad was glad he chose that group to send home.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

can't someone make a poll for the front page and not just for the people looking for spoilers? I'd like to see what that 800 people who are just visitors to this site are voting for, not just who the screen cap analyzers are voting for.

FORT Regular

After watching the WTA I have to say that Brad did honestly stay with the two best of the bunch. Each one of them including Hillary & Bettina came across as so immature and catty; excluding Sheena, she should have been F3 in my opinion. The rest acted like they were still in High School.

The comment made by Bettina was in jest what is the wrong with that rewatch it again. My cant someone make a joke or doesnt anyone understand dry wit or humor for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2664939;
    The comment made by Bettina was in jest what is the wrong with that rewatch it again. My cant someone make a joke or doesnt anyone understand dry wit or humor for that matter
    I disagree completely. She deliberately said it and knew it was a jab at Brad when she did. Bittercakes, me thinks.

She was "turned off" by his reaction to her family. Puhleeze. If that were my family I would have been mortified by their treatment of someone I brought home for them to meet.

DeDe and Sheena's families also had questions for Brad, but they managed to make him feel welcome while still having those serious discussions.

joa

Hi all, I posted this in a bad spot, right as the West Coast started their discussion. Am still curious what you "oldies" remember about this:

To those who've watched most or all of the seasons, back to the first one...

Has the WTA show *ever* painted a potential F1 in such a negative light? Several of those girls went on and on about what a b**** Deanna is. I know that this isn't the first time a girl has been trashed by the others...for example, Kristen in Andrew's season, but she was F2, not F1.

I reaaallly think it's Deanna, though not a fan of either girl, but geez, they aired a LOT of horrible remarks about her...

Has this been done before??

+ Reply to Thread