+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread (note: show starts at 10:15pm) **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread (note: show starts at 10:15pm) **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2654789;
    Your observations are reassuring. I really like Brad and hope he ends up with someone that he can build a good life with despite the show. Jenni's career plans make that unlikely with her so that just leaves Deanna. HOWEVER, let me just say that while Brad might be amused by her trash talk during competition at this point, that sort of thing can wear thin very fast for some. Especially since she doesn't deliver her comments in a "I'm just joking around with you" tone of voice.
    Of course the competition can wear thin, but again, it all depends a lot on what Brad likes . We have seen him take the ladies to the track, play football, race dune buggies, swim with dolphins, etc. He seems to enjoy competition and physical activities. Having a partner who doesn't mind letting her hair down (or putting it up) and joining in can be a lot of fun. As far as the trash talk, it is more often than not, playful and even flirty banter . . . again, if that is what you are into. I am not saying that it works for everyone . . . but it works for me . . . and so far it seems to be working for Brad! There is often a great deal of passion and chemistry in couples who play hard together.

Brad has picked two women that are both competitive and outgoing. They are very similar in many ways. In the end, his choice will come down to those emotional issues that complete the package. So far the editing has denied us access to their more intimate conversations, and we do not really know what Brad is ultimately looking for, but given the similarity of the final 2, he seems to have a strong idea of what he likes.
    Last edited by Dogma; 11-08-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etain7;2655720;
    I watched it again too and had a thought. They are in Mexico in the summer time, it could also be drops of sweat, hence pulling her hair off her neck.
    At first, I thought it might have been perspiration as well, but it turned out to be tears, flowing, streaming tears (red eyes, wet lashes, tears in just one spot). This was edited out; what was actually said was edited out. DeAnna had her make-up retouched in some shots, and not in others, so apparently they shot a few takes. That is what I found interesting, was the splicing and dicing of their conversation, with the substantive content being left out.

FORT Regular

Deanna's convo where she was crying is probably being spliced and diced because Fleiss has her edit as being the STRONG girl. Don't-cha-agree!

Quote Originally Posted by etain7;2655720;
    I watched it again too and had a thought. They are in Mexico in the summer time, it could also be drops of sweat, hence pulling her hair off her neck.
    I agree with you. I thought it was probably just hot and humid. However, they obviously left out a part of the conversation because her hair was down in one shot of her, then up in the very next even though we did not get to see her pulling it up.

Hopefully the reason we were not permitted to see the middle of the conversation is because Brad said something really good that they just couldn't allow us viewers to see yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ITIVO;2656018;
    Deanna's convo where she was crying is probably being spliced and diced because Fleiss has her edit as being the STRONG girl. Don't-cha-agree!
    I agree. I also noticed this last season with the Tessa/Bevin edit. Much of the content that went contrary to the the persona they were trying to create for the women was left on the cutting room floor. We were given Tessa 'the reluctant', when we later found out that she and Andy had actually spent a great deal of time together, and many of her statements were taken very much out of context; and Bevin 'the brazen' apparently had more substantive conversations, and not just make-out sessions with Andy, than we were shown.

This season we have DeAnna 'the strong' who is shown as a tough, no nonsense, cool customer. Warm, compassionate, caring, emotional are not really part of her edit, yet we can still see these characteristics in her from the snipits that they toss out. And then we have Jenni 'Sun-shine' always bright, bubbly, giggly, and happy. Nurturing, serious, mature, substantive are not really part of her edit, and as of yet, this side of her has still not been shown, except perhaps in the previews for next week.

Given that Brad seems willing and interested in having serious, perhaps even difficult conversations (Bettina) with his rose recipients, we have to assume that he has at least attempted substantive conversations with Jenni, and we are left with very little to go on (editing?), just as we are left without much DeAnna's emotional responses.

Sugar coated with a bite lemon_drop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2651221;
    I have never cared so little. I cant help it, I cant care about any of the women in this show, though I did like Hillary. Brad is making Travis look relaxed and suave, making PLo look like a conversationalist. He's trying, poor thing, but tv is just NOT his forte.
    I read somewhere that someone ran into him at one of his bars recently on a SAturday nite and he did NOT look like an engaged man, she said.

Man, I was beginning to think it was just me! I cannot get "in like" with ANY of these girls, not a single one! Every other season I've had a favorite, but not this one. I do like me some Brad though
    "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past once more?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by foodgal;2650545;
    Anyone else not feeling anything from Brad? No matter who he is with he never seems to be comfortable. His words don't flow - all he does is agree with whoever is talking. I don't see any love from him. Lots of physical attraction, but I haven't been able to read his feelings. Dating is about conversation and fun, not just talking about how you feel! I'm sure they cut a lot out but I'm still not convinced he's found the one.

I have felt this way since the third episode.

Quote Originally Posted by tinks;2654785;
    What is weird about the beautiful comment to Jenni is that you can hardly hear it, but with Deanna's "you look amazing" comment, it is loud and clear. My volume did not change.

Why is Brad's comment to Jenni quiet(so we cannot hear it) and Deanna loud and clear(so we can hear it)? Makes you go hmmmmmmm.
    It could be that the mike they wear wasn't as close to his mouth. I don't think it's anything else but that.

Quote Originally Posted by mears25;2656975;
    I have felt this way since the third episode.
    This is definitely not Brad's element. He is not well spoken. But I do think the guys got such heart. I loved to see him when he was at his most natural and that was when Jenni asked for the room key. He was funny. He doesn't know what to say when they tell him how they feel except for that one scene.

+ Reply to Thread