+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread (note: show starts at 10:15pm) **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread (note: show starts at 10:15pm) **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by mizbitt;2651710;
    Brad also has stated that he likes strong women. I think DeAnna can be sweet and she has been with Brad along with the outspoken part of her. I think she fits his lifestyle and would be Ok with the life of a bar owner. Brad's Mom must be a stong women with her raiseing 3 boys alone.
    OK...since you posted this I have to put in my 2 cents...I am raising 3 boys as a single mom (they are now 14, 15, and 18) and I have to say that if one of my boys was choosing between DeAnna or Jenni...hands down I would like Jenni better! If you look at the screencaps on pages 17 and 18 you'll see what I mean with facial expressions. Look at DeAnna's face in most of the episodes she looks so hard...look at Jenni and she is relaxed and always has a smile or the edges of a smile on her face. As a mom of boys I would feel very motherly with Jenni and very intimated and hard to get close to DeAnna. Where is her softer side? I don't know...it's just my opinion but when I FINALLY get to have a "daughter" I would much rather spend time with Jenni shopping than DeAnna

FORT Fan

What's up with Bettina and the bald-faced lie: "The only concern my family has is if you are really into me." Huh?? The Dad was "concerned" about Brad's job and "lack" of education -- if he has those concerns, doesn't sound like he really WANTS Brad to be into her. I think she's a liar with a poor memory -- she seems to have forgotten that everything is being filmed and can be reviewed at a later time - lol. Brad fell for the line too, since he didn't bring up their previously stated concerns (of course, maybe he did, but we weren't shown it).

I think Brad might select Jenni if he were younger -- she gives off an immature vibe with that singsong voice of hers. JMO. He used the "s" word with Deanna -- soul mate, so I think he will end up selecting her. I don't think they will ever get married though. I think he likes the "showing my best side to Brad so he will select me" DeAnna but will not like the "real" DeAnna -- the one we've seen when shown what was going on at the house with the other women.

It bugs me how Brad, as well as the previous Bachelors are always goading the women into revealing how much they care about them, how they are falling in love with them, etc. What an ego trip for them -- on national TV, they have multiple attractive women proclaiming undying love for them. OK, maybe that's a little exaggerated, but not by much.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;2650584;
    So it's "Jenni and I totally get each other" versus the "I'm looking for a soul mate" line he said to DeAnna.

I'd say "soul mate" is pretty telling, and I would therefore give DeAnna the edge for the win.

Of course, we only see the convos that TPTB choose for us to see.

It would be interesting if the easy relationship we saw between Brad and Jenni all along ended up being the one that he picks. Still, my money is on DeAnna.

I'm also surprised that the bad edit Bettina got last week actually matched her being booted this week. So there was no misdirection there after all. Go figure.

ETA: I don't care how nice a guy Brad (according to a number of the women) may be, it's still distasteful watching him go from one date to the next, yammering about how "I've waited for you all day..." or "I've wanted to be with her so much..." And even if you do nothing in the Fantasy Suite, it all just looks tacky when you shut the FS door with a different woman in the room each night.
    Dallas Viewer: Your comment was partially what I've been thinking. Not so much the fantasy suite door close (it would be a deal breaker for me) the Bach and ladies had to know going in that he'd be in there with the others. I mean unless you are stuck on a desert island you've at least seen media promo's for the bachelor. My issue is with the statements he makes to the girls...w/Jenni "i was hoping you would run to me" and DeAnna I have always wanted to hear that from someone like you." If I were final one and heard the sweet nothings whispered to the others, well let's just say that more than a few plates would be broken.

or "I've wanted to be with her so much..." And even if you do nothing in the Fantasy Suite, it all just looks tacky when you shut the FS door with a different woman in the room each night.
    And nonchalantly get rid of her the next day....It bugs me until i realize, it's not me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by a3boymom;2651809;

..... you'll see what I mean with facial expressions. Look at DeAnna's face in most of the episodes she looks so hard...look at Jenni and she is relaxed and always has a smile or the edges of a smile on her face.....

I guess it all depends on how you look at the girls. I think that DeAnna frequently looks unsure of whether Brad is going to give her a rose or not during the ceremonies. She seems like a genuine person who likes Brad a lot and doesn't want to get hurt. Jenni comes across as less mature though I think she's actually older than DeAnna. While she may like Brad just as much, she also is very much into her dancing and probably will be just as happy to go Phoenix.

I thought the reason Brad sited for not choosing Bettina was genuine and sad. He got nothing from her but lip service and her indifferent departure speech made it clear that he did the right thing.

He mentioned this time that he was looking for more substance in his relationship with Jenni. I think they are very comfortable in each others company, but the physical attraction is a continuous distraction from taking things deeper. Her career move is a genuine concern, but I don't know the timetable involved between the time the show ends; the time she starts in Phoenix and the time she would be reunited with Brad.

When Deanna was talking about her feelings for Brad, I could close my eyes and picture her sitting in a boardroom giving a presentation. She doesn't seem able to infuse her words with emotion which makes me question whether it exists. She has a great family and being with them seems to make her more human, but away from them she doesn't come across as involved emotionally at all.
    Last edited by dberk; 11-06-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2652971;
    When Deanna was talking about her feelings for Brad, I could close my eyes and picture her sitting in a boardroom giving a presentation. She doesn't seem able to infuse her words with emotion which makes me question whether it exists. She has a great family and being with them seems to make her more human, but away from them she doesn't come across as involved emotionally at all.
    Tha's my impression too. It just sounded so well rehearsed. All that's missing are the powerpoint slides.

Sorry I missed the fun typing through the show last night, ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2653639;
    It does seem that way, and I wondered about this, until I watched their dinner conversation again (my husband is still ) Their time together was heavily edited. DeAnna was at some point, and has tears streaming down her neck during their conversation, but we do not see what was said, or how Brad reacted, other than he was very tender with her. She is obviously more emotional than we are being shown. The interesting thing is that Brad typically seems uncomfortable with tears and emotions, but not with DeAnna. In this case, he seemed attentive and very caring. There is quite a bit of their time together that we are not being shown . . . . things that make you go hmmmmm.
    Last edited by Dogma; 11-07-2007 at 09:02 AM.

I'm stumped by the Cabo dates. How did DeAnna end up with a date that actually kept them apart. How long can you ride in a dune buggy and have any meaningful interaction!!
    DeAnna is a very cynical person and caustic as well. She actually attacked his manhood. Is that something you want to do to impress your potention love interest? Is it just me, cause I haven't seen anything in the editing that would endear her to Brad. Only a few sentences from him and his brother that would be any indicator.

+ Reply to Thread