+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2640862;
    procheervet thank you for your insight. It's nice to have information from someone who has done this professionally too. Can you tell us how many years/teams is typical for professional cheerleaders? Jenni was with the Dallas Cowboys before this gig with the Suns. I assume that the Cowboys is a more prestigious job for the dancers? Am I right?

Randal thanks for your succinct way of summing it all up.
    Sorry for the delay, I can't seem to get this site to come up on my home computer - if anyone has any suggestions please let me know - so, back to the question. Most girls only cheer for a couple of years and it is a very unusual girl who will travel cross country to continue to cheer. Many of the girls are local college students who want to perform. Yes, Dallas is the most prestigious just because of the recognition. IMHO it is kind of strange to be going from team to team. I looked at it like, hey, that was great fun, no on to my real life!! I only stayed 2 years, but I was in a cold climate and cheered for football, brrrrrrr.........it actually gets old after awhile believe it or not. Bottom line, cheering is cheering, dancing is dancing. Cheering for a team is not a "dance career".

Jenni want to be a cheerleader, dancer at age 27, good for her. She'd better do want she wants to now, keeping her options open about meeting other men, not a bad idea.

Deanna, she's too head strong for Brad. I doubt they will last if he picks her. I just don't get this good, warm vibe from her. Seriously I think she just wants to win, she's not here for Brad. Deanna is very competitive. Just look at how she was on her date with Jade and Brad.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2641037;
    But sweet vulnerability isn't a good fit for a world of new responsibilities that may include hard-headed dealings with liquor distributors, handling rowdy bar patrons, overseeing complex logistical and financial arrangements, and dealing with legal problems. Brad's a blue collar guy - Bettina comes from a different world. Her father may have behaved like a spectacular jerk (though thanks to Fleiss I'm sure we saw him at his worst), but he probably wasn't wrong in his concern that Bettina doesn't fit well at all into Brad's bar-managing life.

Besides, I'm not sure she's all that sweet - like most Bachelorettes she seems to have the passive/aggressive tactical playbook well memorized ("A liar and a slut!" "Oh! I was just joking...")

I agree that she might have a hard time adapting to the blue collar aspect. Brad is blue collar and I think he's great! People tend to gravitate toward those with similiar backgrounds. Not always but usually.

On second viewing the family actually greeted Brad very graciously and the harshest comments were left in the personal interviews (although I admit the parents came off as pompous). I did not hear any put downs of a personal nature. I actually like Bettina's family better than I like her. They were straightforward in their concerns. The point is that Mom and stepmom should have directed those concerns to Bettina. They seemed appalled by this particular dating process and can we blame them?

Brad IS stringing these women along, it's the nature of the Bachelor beast. Bettina is a willing participant. No need to say more Brad. Defense rests. Dad's queries about Brad's credentials seem to be in relation to his daughter and what she should be contemplating. (again pompous but not unreasonable for a parent). She claims she and her dad think alike. I felt a little sorry for Brad, and we didn't see Bettina interject anything in the way of a defense, but he's a big boy and these families have every right to question his intentions. Hasn't he been doing that very same thing with the women?

I was glad to see him being so forceful about himself and what he's accomplished. If you're truly in love as Bettina claims she is (especially in the first stages) you're in love with, and proud of, the whole package.

The problem I see with Bettina is that her feelings appear to be based on the opinions of whoever is sharing her space at that moment. She's in love with Brad when she is with him. She knows it and she means it. Her date sucked because someone else's might have been better? (maybe that's a psyche out) but tells Brad it was perfect. When she's with Dad she seems to agree that this may not be a good venue to meet her true love. She's scared and unsure (that at least is understandable) Next week she has no doubts. Please!

Brad did not look happy when he called Bettina's name at RC and the smile and half hug appeared forced. Roseskid may have hit the nail on the head when she suggested Brad is keeping Daddy's princess to drive the Prof crazy. And Bettina didn't have to accept the rose. Thumbing her nose at daddy?

Also, even though it's cold, would Brad keep her around, seduce her, and dump her to soothe his ego? He might lust after her but they aren't showing us anything real in the way of attraction. I'm sure Bettina is a lovely person but I don't think she fits with Brad. I'm sure others disagree but this is just my opinion. I will shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by mears25;2642764;

Also, even though it's cold, would Brad keep her around, seduce her, and dump her to soothe his ego? He might lust after her but they aren't showing us anything real in the way of attraction. I'm sure Bettina is a lovely person but I don't think she fits with Brad. I'm sure others disagree but this is just my opinion. I will shut up now.
    I think he's just waiting for the over-night date to get him a little "sumpin, sumpin" then it's dump time!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2642088;
    Jenni want to be a cheerleader, dancer at age 27, good for her. She'd better do want she wants to now, keeping her options open about meeting other men, not a bad idea.
    I'm glad that I am not the only person to see the importance in this concept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ALSO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I the only person who does not consider a man who owns/owns interests in 4 bars (not to mention the millionaire aspect of his portfolio) as a "blue collar worker"?? Maybe I am the one who is confused.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sorry if this information has been posted. It is hard to read everything. Some have wondered why Jenni's hometown visit was at the hair salon and not her home. She told Brad it was a bit small. I know a girl who cheered with her in Dallas and she told me that Jenni's parents live in a trailor. I think she should have taken him to her parents home. There is nothing wrong with living in a trailor. I hope she didn't take him there because she was embarassed.
    If it is meant to be, it will find a way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2642825;
    I think he's just waiting for the over-night date to get him a little "sumpin, sumpin" then it's dump time!
    I would prefer to see him offer the option of an overnight date to the other two, but not Bettina. That would be the ultimate bachelor dis.

FORT Regular

Snuffysmybaby - I doubt that Jenni was ashamed of where her parents lived, and I'm sure that Brad wouldn't have judged her because of it. I bet they didn't go to her parents house because the film crew needs a lot of space around the dinner table/living room couch area in order to set up shots, lighting, sound, etc. Jenni's parents' home probably really was too small for everyone, just like Jenni said.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCreator;2643324;
    Snuffysmybaby - I doubt that Jenni was ashamed of where her parents lived, and I'm sure that Brad wouldn't have judged her because of it. I bet they didn't go to her parents house because the film crew needs a lot of space around the dinner table/living room couch area in order to set up shots, lighting, sound, etc. Jenni's parents' home probably really was too small for everyone, just like Jenni said.
    Yeah, and it was a change of "scenery" to film the htd at her mom's salon The other two dates with Bettina & Deanna were both at their parents' houses. Plus it was more funny to see Jenni's mom washed Brad's hair while questioning his "intentions"!
    Like the fatal blossom of the great gimson weed, I entice with my fragrance but can provide no succor. Blanche (The Golden Girls)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Having your hair shampooed and done can be so relaxing until I can see how it would be conducive to getting Brad to talk. I thought that was a pretty smart move on Mom's part.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread