+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2640412;
    Good for her. And while she's living out her external-validation-seeking-18-year-old-girl-fantasies at age 27, Brad will just pick the more grown-up DeAnna and it won't be a problem for either of them.
    Very interesting RandalR, usually I would say that it is either an all encompassing love that means just being his wife and the mother of his children is enough with who you are and your innate sense of self fulfilled through giving in life or do you receive your fulfillment by "getting" in life. It is a CHOICE and usually comes with maturity. Jenni is making her choice for her. It is the difference between being "other" centered or "self" centered. I have found complete and utter fulfillment in being "other" centered. This is my way, Jenni's must be different, BUT what does Brad want????????

Quote Originally Posted by stilettos;2640482;
    This is my way, Jenni's must be different, BUT what does Brad want????????
    Well, I wouldn't even break it down that way - it's perfectly OK to be self-centered, after all YOU are the most important person in any relationship, and misery eventually results from thinking otherwise. But Jenni went on the Bachelor for some reason. Was it to get married, or were Jade and the others right that she was there to further her modeling/dancing career? It doesn't help when she says right up front that she would prefer to stay in Phoenix making $200 a game at a part-time "dream" job that involves lots of intentional contact with other single men rather than considering a move to Austin to start getting involved in Brad's life. Sounds to me like she's telling Brad she plans to keep her options open.

Brad has been pretty clear about what he wants, and if he wasn't just reading from a Fleiss script (and some of his lines did sound suspiciously familiar) he wants exactly what DeAnna has to offer - the tougher, low-maintenance woman who can handle herself in his world.

And it looks to me like unless they were taken on regular field trips to Neiman Marcus, Jenni and Bettina would start to pout.

FORT Fogey

This is JUST MY POINT OF VIEW and I am not a Jenni hater, BUT, having been there done that, I have to say this. Being a professional cheerleader (dancer if you will) IS all about the LOOK AT ME syndrome. Ok, we all need our 15 minutes of fame and that is wonderful, but how many years and how many teams does it take before you say, ok, I am ready to start my real life now. Because professional cheerleading IS NOT a real DANCE career. Maybe she should have gone on So You Think You Can Dance instead of the bachelor, I don't know, but if she came on the show for the right reasons, which is supposed to mean finding "true love", then she should have been 100% committed to continuing the relationship unconditionally past the final airing of the show

Like I said, just my point of view...

Quote Originally Posted by procheervet;2640501;
    Being a professional cheerleader (dancer if you will) IS all about the LOOK AT ME syndrome.
    Thank you! Perfectly stated. Not that going on The Bachelor isn't exact same thing, but...

procheervet thank you for your insight. It's nice to have information from someone who has done this professionally too. Can you tell us how many years/teams is typical for professional cheerleaders? Jenni was with the Dallas Cowboys before this gig with the Suns. I assume that the Cowboys is a more prestigious job for the dancers? Am I right?

Randal thanks for your succinct way of summing it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2640497;
    Brad has been pretty clear about what he wants, and if he wasn't just reading from a Fleiss script (and some of his lines did sound suspiciously familiar) he wants exactly what DeAnna has to offer - the tougher, low-maintenance woman who can handle herself in his world.

And it looks to me like unless they were taken on regular field trips to Neiman Marcus, Jenni and Bettina would start to pout.
    D's tough in a kinda "defensive" and "manipulative", and sometimes intimidating way (?) First impressions she might be low-maintenance, but she reminds me of Lisa (from Lorenzo's season) who has a plan for everything (which isn't a bad thing ) one of those sharp, concise people that cares a lot about details. It's "DeAhhhna" lol

Bettina seems more open-minded and nicer than Deanna... and Bettina has that kind of sweet vulnerability that's attractive to Brad, and I'm sure to many others as well
    Like the fatal blossom of the great gimson weed, I entice with my fragrance but can provide no succor. Blanche (The Golden Girls)

Quote Originally Posted by 3ggplant;2640935;
    Bettina seems more open-minded and nicer than Deanna... and Bettina has that kind of sweet vulnerability that's attractive to Brad, and I'm sure to many others as well
    But sweet vulnerability isn't a good fit for a world of new responsibilities that may include hard-headed dealings with liquor distributors, handling rowdy bar patrons, overseeing complex logistical and financial arrangements, and dealing with legal problems. Brad's a blue collar guy - Bettina comes from a different world. Her father may have behaved like a spectacular jerk (though thanks to Fleiss I'm sure we saw him at his worst), but he probably wasn't wrong in his concern that Bettina doesn't fit well at all into Brad's bar-managing life.

Besides, I'm not sure she's all that sweet - like most Bachelorettes she seems to have the passive/aggressive tactical playbook well memorized ("A liar and a slut!" "Oh! I was just joking...")

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2641037;
    But sweet vulnerability isn't a good fit for a world of new responsibilities that may include hard-headed dealings with liquor distributors, handling rowdy bar patrons, overseeing complex logistical and financial arrangements, and dealing with legal problems. Brad's a blue collar guy - Bettina comes from a different world. Her father may have behaved like a spectacular jerk (though thanks to Fleiss I'm sure we saw him at his worst), but he probably wasn't wrong in his concern that Bettina doesn't fit well at all into Brad's bar-managing life.

Besides, I'm not sure she's all that sweet - like most Bachelorettes she seems to have the passive/aggressive tactical playbook well memorized ("A liar and a slut!" "Oh! I was just joking...")
    Compare to a lot of bachelorettes on the show (this current season and previous ones), Bettina's quite sweet lol

Brad co-owned 4 bars and plans to open a hotel. From what I've read, Bettina's a successful realtor! She's gonna have her own career to focus on, and it's not like Brad expects her to quit her job and just help him with his bar business and be by his side 24/7
    Like the fatal blossom of the great gimson weed, I entice with my fragrance but can provide no succor. Blanche (The Golden Girls)

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2641037;
    As Elaine said to Seinfeld "fake, fake, fake, fake!"

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2639178;
    I thought the editing made it really clear that DeAnna will be F1 - great date, great chemistry, great everything. She fits him perfectly, on many levels.

Brad's doubts about Jenni and her loyalty to her dance "career" are going to sink her. She's already 27, so what's she got, two more years of that, at best?!? There's no upward career path from being a basketball team dancer - it's not like the Phoenix Ballet is going to come calling. To put Brad off for a year to play out a fantasy seems like a judgment error, and I imagine he thinks so, too. Now, if she wanted to move to Austin and be a go go dancer at one of his bars, that would be a different story...

Unless there is a whole lot we didn't see, Bettina is practically undateable. The girl has some serious issues to work through (and a family to divorce) before putting herself back on the market. Brad now knows it.

Sheena is a nice little girl who fell too hard for the Prince Charming fantasy. Too bad, because she really didn't have any personality flaws - a rarity for Fleiss's recruits. If he wasn't feeling it, Brad probably should have let her go last week out of kindness and gone to meet McWeepy's parents, instead.

So in editing this episode, Fleiss seems to have tipped his hand, for once.
    Randal
    Excellent insight...great post. I agree with everything you wrote here. And might I add, I think that Brad was actually happy and relieved that Jenni is going to be ?dancing with the Suns. That way he has another out when he cuts her, so he can be with DeAnna the woman that he connected with on every level and that he is falling in love with. Thanks
    Karey

+ Reply to Thread