+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I love your analysis RandalR. Excellent points, thank you!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jenni has got to live out her fantasy of being a Phoenix Suns dancer, or she will never forgive herself nor Brad....and I would hope that he would want her to do that....but I also know that long distance relationships have high failure rates. I sure do wish her luck.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2639431;
    Yes, RandalR - I think this year we may be seeing a love story without the reluctant bride thrown in. Good for them, and as much as I hate to say it, an almost thank you to Fleiss, except for episodes 3 thru 5, that is.
    Thank you RandalR. nice post.

I agree with Arielflies. Love story, has been shown from the beginnig. Episodes 3, 4 a rougher edit of DeAnna's personality, butg not thrown to the wolves. Much left to the individual viewer as how to view DeAnna.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2639670;
    Jenni has got to live out her fantasy of being a Phoenix Suns dancer, or she will never forgive herself nor Brad....and I would hope that he would want her to do that....but I also know that long distance relationships have high failure rates. I sure do wish her luck.
    I agree very important for Jenni to live out her dream unitl she is ready to retire that dream for other things. Jenni has worked hard and applied(s) herself to be where she is. I see nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2639178;
    I thought the editing made it really clear that DeAnna will be F1 - great date, great chemistry, great everything. She fits him perfectly, on many levels.

Brad's doubts about Jenni and her loyalty to her dance "career" are going to sink her. She's already 27, so what's she got, two more years of that, at best?!? There's no upward career path from being a basketball team dancer - it's not like the Phoenix Ballet is going to come calling. To put Brad off for a year to play out a fantasy seems like a judgment error, and I imagine he thinks so, too. Now, if she wanted to move to Austin and be a go go dancer at one of his bars, that would be a different story...

Unless there is a whole lot we didn't see, Bettina is practically undateable. The girl has some serious issues to work through (and a family to divorce) before putting herself back on the market. Brad now knows it.

Sheena is a nice little girl who fell too hard for the Prince Charming fantasy. Too bad, because she really didn't have any personality flaws - a rarity for Fleiss's recruits. If he wasn't feeling it, Brad probably should have let her go last week out of kindness and gone to meet McWeepy's parents, instead.

So in editing this episode, Fleiss seems to have tipped his hand, for once.

Nice to hear a man's point of view, but I must disagree about Jenni. She has worked hard for this opportunity and she made the team !

Her giving up this, her dream, would leave her with regrets later on.
    She has aspired to this and done some acting as well and probably has a few dollars saved or invested for her future. She's not stupid.

I mean, what if it wasn't dancing and she wanted to say, finish med or law school first. Would that make it more palatable ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2639930;
    Nice to hear a man's point of view, but I must disagree about Jenni. She has worked hard for this opportunity and she made the team !

Her giving up this, her dream, would leave her with regrets later on.
    She has aspired to this and done some acting as well and probably has a few dollars saved or invested for her future. She's not stupid.

I mean, what if it wasn't dancing and she wanted to say, finish med or law school first. Would that make it more palatable ?
    I agree, Jenni has worked hard and should do the dancing. I am glad Jenni told Brad early on about the dancing.

My one question for Jenni, is she being true to herself saying she will give it up after a year. Does Jenni want to stop? I would rather see her actually have come to the point in her life that she wants to stop, before saying she will stop for any guy. Who knows, maybe after kids she will take something up again.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2639930;
    Yes. It would even be different if she had signed on for a season with the Phoenix Ballet or a touring company. But being a professional sports team dancer is usually not a full-time job - the dancers all have other day jobs and just get paid a certain amount of money per game while performing. It isn't a career at all - just a chance to get noticed by people who might be hiring for other dance jobs...or (perhaps more to the point) by that handsome and rich bar owner in the front row at the game. Since Jenni short-circuited that process and has a chance to get her MRS degree through The Bachelor, sticking around after becoming F1 to dance for the Suns and attract the attentions of other handsome and rich bar owners during the long home season seems redundant...or perhaps it's just a novel form of insurance.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2640078;
    Yes. It would even be different if she had signed on for a season with the Phoenix Ballet or a touring company. But being a professional sports team dancer is usually not a full-time job - the dancers all have other day jobs and just get paid a certain amount of money per game while performing. It isn't a career at all - just a chance to get noticed by people who might be hiring for other dance jobs...or (perhaps more to the point) by that handsome and rich bar owner in the front row at the game. Since Jenni short-circuited that process and has a chance to get her MRS degree through The Bachelor, sticking around after becoming F1 to dance for the Suns and attract the attentions of other handsome and rich bar owners during the long home season seems redundant...or perhaps it's just a novel form of insurance.
    I rarely post but I thought I'd throw my two cents in here, for what it's worth. I have a duaghter-in-law that is a dancer. She danced throughout her high school and college years and is now in Med School. What does she do in the little spare time she has? She dances! She teaches routines to local high schools that have won national honors. And judges competitions for UDA. I have asked her why is she still involved in dance when her schedule is so full of school and married life. Her answer may help you understand Jenni better. "I just love to dance, and I'm pretty good at it." No hidden MRS agenda (she met her DH, my son, through a youth mission trip) or quest for future dancing jobs... she just loves to dance.

I had to LOL at Jenni's morning tap dance routine... exactally like my DIL! Her feet are always moving.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2640078;
    I totally disagree with you. Jenni needs to do this for herself. She will be giving to others for the rest of her life...as women are so apt to do. She deserves to fulfill this part of her life, no matter how long it will last. I'm sure she understands what it entails. What comes with it, comes with it. I don't think you should tie yourself down if you still have attainable dreams unfulfilled....There is no reason to live the rest of your life saying, "I wish I had..." She can always walk away if she changes her mind later. A man who really loves you will encourage you to follow your dream and do what is best for you. That is a man who is interested in seeing you happy. That "MRS. degree" will be there when you finish and, if it's not, then he probably wasn't the best man for you, after all.

I think it's like a woman (all of us) who should get their "run" out before they get married so that they don't feel they have to do it (going to the bars, always hanging out with the girls) after they have "settled down". You will have a happier wife if she doesn't feel like she is missing/has missed anything.

And everybody knows, "If mama ain't happy...ain't nobody happy!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2640387;
    I totally disagree with you. Jenni needs to do this for herself.
    Good for her. And while she's living out her external-validation-seeking-18-year-old-girl-fantasies at age 27, Brad will just pick the more grown-up DeAnna and it won't be a problem for either of them.

+ Reply to Thread